bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 65 66 [67] 68 69 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
abzapthane
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-07-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Came across this movie the other day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzWXyV_kygM

Looks like the main character ditches her heels and spends the rest of the movie barefoot.
06-10-2015 03:26 abzapthane is offline Send an Email to abzapthane Search for Posts by abzapthane Add abzapthane to your Buddy List
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This looks like what I call a "shoe tease" film. Its has all the elements for the heroine to wind up one-shoed in her desperate struggle for survival. But then she either ditches BOTH shoes at the same time, or never loses them at all. P 2,Trapped (With Kathleen Quinlan), Romancing The Stone, even though the movie's poster showed the main female character clinging to the main male character missing one shoe. There are so many others. That's why I made sure Laura in my novel would go on throughout the night in her one shoe. She has an aversion to being barefoot in filthy surroundings, so one shoe was better than none in her mind. Here's hoping against hope that it will someday be made into a feature film. Anyone out there know any producers willing to front the cash? Perchance to dream.
06-10-2015 22:09 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

You know, when I get a hair up my butt about something, I investigate it until I find out all I can. In the movie Free Fall, there is a very brief (And I mean BRIEF!) one-shoe scene. In the film, the heroine, played by Sarah Butler, is chased down a flight of stairs by a thug. Wearing a sexy, short skirt suit and a pair of nice pumps, she looked great, and was primed to lose a shoe in her flight. Unfortunately, although there were several points during the chase where she could have and SHOULD have lost her shoe, she never did, until she reached the bottom of the stairs. At that point, as she exits the stairwell, her right pump flies off her foot, causing her to stumble a bit as she comes down on her now suddenly shoeless foot. Here is the point of shoe loss:

From here, she runs one-shoed to the elevator. Unfortunately, her lower half drops out of frame. As she waits for the elevator to come, she bends to her left and then, as the elevator doors open, she throws her left arm outward in what is a very unusual motion. Until you hear what sounds like a clack in the background as she ducks into the elevator to escape from her pursuer. It's at that point she is now completely shoeless. We never see the removal and discarding of her remaining shoe as it all happens out of frame. Too bad. This could have been a great one-shoe sequence. And why would any woman, being pursued by a killer, take the time to discard her one remaining pump before jumping into an elevator? I would think that in her panicked state, that would have been the last thing she would have done. The subsequent scenes in the story where she is trapped in the elevator just served to add to the disappointment. There were so many chances where she could have used that one shoe as a weapon, but then again, it wasn't my movie. I didn't direct it. And the film itself was ridiculous. But if you really want to see the whole sequence, it starts at about 32 minutes into the film and lasts for about 2 minutes. The shoe loss at regular speed is very hard to see. You'll have to slow it down almost to one frame at a time to really see it. Anyway, hope this is interesting to you guys. One thing is certain - If I am ever blessed to have my novel, The Railroad Man made into a film, you have my word that none of you will be disappointed!

grizzletoad1 has attached this image (reduced version):
vlcsnap-2015-06-13-16h02m30s709-min.jpg

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 06-14-2015 05:59.

06-13-2015 21:52 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

No stockings either I'm guessing.
06-13-2015 22:08 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Triple Ace

Nope, although there are scenes before the chase sequence where it looks like she's wearing them.
06-14-2015 00:57 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Hey grizzletoad have you thought of writing another book with a one shoed heroine (or villainess)? It could be like motif in your books. Like the 1973 yellow Oldsmobile Delta 88 in Sam Raimi's movies or Stan Lee cameos in Marvel movies. Imagine in each of your books the reader anxiously waits to see which female character is going to lose a shoe and how its going to happen. Most writers usually don't get their first book adapted into a movie or tv series they usually have to get known first. For example GRR Martin wrote tons of other things before A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm just saying don't put all your eggs in one basket.
06-14-2015 10:22 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Omega,

If I was to continue writing books, yes, the main female character will lose a shoe at some point in the story. It's just how I envision a woman in distress - In trouble, running for her life, and missing a shoe. I had an idea for another story that was very similar to Free Fall, but now we see how that turned out - Not too good. I also had an idea for a story inspired by a certain local urban legend in my area, but it's just a very rough idea. In all likelihood, I won't be writing any more books. It's just too time consuming. It took me 25 years to write this one, and I'm still tweaking it a bit. I think having the ability to go back and change an already published novel is very dangerous to someone like me. So while I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket, I think I only have that 1 egg to put in that basket, so I have to sink or swim with it. I'm still dreaming!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 06-14-2015 18:27.

06-14-2015 18:27 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Administrator

Writing is very difficult and very time consuming. I notice that the better I get at writing, the slower I write. You get more critical of your writing as you get more experienced at it and it takes a lot longer to ensure that only the best of the best makes it public. It's especially difficult with novels and longer stories where you're trying to get all the plotting done right and make sure all the threads match up and are consistent. You want to make sure the story builds and has a good pay off. If I could devote all my time to it I could probably get my stories done faster, but unfortunately, real life gets in the way, and the longer you take time away from it, the harder it is to get back into it. I still haven't had a chance to read grizzletoad's novel although it's on my list. Life's just been too busy lately.
06-17-2015 01:36 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
tealc176 tealc176 is a male
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-38.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2012

I have the same problems with real life. it always gets in the way with my works.

06-17-2015 04:16 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Administrator

https://youtu.be/TEGaOcaNpf4
06-21-2015 18:51 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

http://putlocker.is/watch-the-adventures...-putlocker.html

(31:30)
07-03-2015 07:51 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

http://battleborn.wikia.com/wiki/File:2K...EBORN_THORN.jpg

I don't why she wears only one but I like her design.
07-11-2015 09:38 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo

Gravity Falls None in the show so far (at least, no female ones) But there are TWO in the shorts. In the "Dipper's guide to the Unexplained: The Mailbox" Mable is missing one of her shoes after the mailbox self destructs (1:55)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-0OMdOtiW8

And in "Mable's Guide to: Art" Mable is missing one shoe and sock after trying to paint some cats (2:04)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLOerTBYVMA

Two more (or more accurately one now one in the future)

In the Gravity Falls Slideshow, Mabel is missing one of her shoes in one of the photos (00:25)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4npiGtif-U

The other one is sort of "to come" near the end of the most recent episode, "Not what he seems" after the gate blows up you see the characters temporarily floating in space. At this point Mabel is again missing her shoe. It isn't a single shoe scene (her other leg is not visible). But depending on whether they start the next episode exactly where this one left off (it won't be shown until summer, so we have a while) I assume we might get one in the next episode.

They did but unfortunately they must have forgotten; Mabel had both shoes.
07-14-2015 02:53 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
tealc176 tealc176 is a male
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-38.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2012

Another comic I made with a shoe loss scene: http://orangefox24.deviantart.com/art/A-...unter-546219080

07-14-2015 04:51 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Mandrake you'll like this.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W2VCUYUFK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq5UgXTxl6w

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 07-15-2015 21:04.

07-15-2015 18:01 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by omega

Very nice!
07-16-2015 09:41 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

quote:
Originally posted by omega

She loses one shoe in the beginning, immediately takes other off, and that's all? Or are there other one-shoe scenes there?

07-18-2015 12:08 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Star Versus the Forces of Evil

"The Blood Moon Ball"

Not actually a loss per se, but this episode does have two sections with start sans boots, areond the 4:13 mark there is a scene of her bare foot (in a Graduate/ Mrs. Robinson pose) as she put her boot on. Then near the end when the elevator opens to drop her off at home (around 10:11) her boots are off again (there's actually an animation inconsistency, Star has natural toenails in the first scene, pink painted ones in the second) as a bonus she then throws the boots at Marco.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-JdqLYeoxg
07-23-2015 12:04 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

https://youtu.be/OIG_y2R2uUE

not really shoe loss but worth posting.
07-24-2015 03:46 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Teen Titans Go!
"More of the Same"

After their "bad year" Starfire is again missing the bottom half of one of her boots
07-30-2015 23:16 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 65 66 [67] 68 69 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH