bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 15 16 [17] 18 19 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice find!

LOZ just did a great debooting pic on his deviantart page:
http://lostonezero.deviantart.com/art/Ru...i-Run-299995794

Also, there's a new zombie game in development that features pantyhose/stockings and most likely, shoe loss:

http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d4yiafk
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1190...asting-the-dead
http://www.outlasting-the-dead.com
05-06-2012 02:09 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
hot293wildcat

Registration Date: 10-27-2010

Candace removes roller skate Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I actually foind the episode when Candace gives one of her roller skates to Isibella.

It starts at 9:23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3MTs9EkMIA
05-07-2012 23:35 hot293wildcat is offline Send an Email to hot293wildcat Search for Posts by hot293wildcat Add hot293wildcat to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There was actually a shoe loss on the new P&F this previos Friday, (in the giant brain section) During Major Monogram's debriefing of Perry there is a montauge of pictures of the inconveniance people are eduring due to the lack of keys there is one of a woman who, seeing her dog get into the house through the dog door, decides to follow it, and as she squeezes in, one of her sneakers pops off (though this does not happen until she is basically all the way in, so you don't see her shoeless foot).
Technically, there are also some one shoe scenes in the "Ferb Latin" bit, since (as noted in the song) giving some one your left shoe is part of the new custom for what you are supposed to do when someone sneezes. However as it happens all three of the people who actually do it in the song are guys (Buford and two background characters) Buford has both shoes again in the next scene, so it is possible that part of the custom is that the snezee says "thank you" by giving you your shoe back.)

Finally a nice little Disneyland video I found while trolling around youtube, of Alice the Mad Hatter and the Queen of hearts Playing charades . At about 4:36, the person playing Alice takes off one of her Mary Janes and drops it on the ground to charade "Cinderella"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNnQ2w57bs0
05-08-2012 22:38 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Here's the Phineas and Ferb link.

05-08-2012 22:45 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Mandrake what makes you think there's going to be any shoe loss in that zombie game? Is it because of that zombie missing her sandal?

I wonder if any other Disney characters have taken off a shoe? It mainly seems to just be Alice. If anyone was to be missing a shoe I'd expect it to be Cinderella.
05-09-2012 21:30 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Mandrake what makes you think there's going to be any shoe loss in that zombie game? Is it because of that zombie missing her sandal?

I wonder if any other Disney characters have taken off a shoe? It mainly seems to just be Alice. If anyone was to be missing a shoe I'd expect it to be Cinderella.

Well, one of the male zombies is missing a shoe as well, and at least one of the costumes shown for the heroes has heels.

Actually that could be a fun gimmick in a zombie game, if you are being chased by a female zombie in heels and you manage to shoot/knock one of her shoes off, her speed and coordination is decreased (since walking in one heel is hard) But to make it challenging, if you shoot BOTH off, her speed would increase.

The thread I got the link had someone mentioned a Mulan player takig off one of her slippers so a fan could try it on. But as I said earlier, Disney park rules probably prohibit (or at least, discourage), such actions.

Actually what surpised me a little was how easily Alice got her shoe back on. The costume shoes look like actual patent leather (read stiff) so the fact she could pop it back on without having to undo and red do the strap is a little surpising (unless she wears them loose)

Speaking of one shod zombies I found another cartoon link. This is a episode of Regular Show (sorry about the overdub of the dialogue). If you look around 7:28 you will see a limping zombie in a dress at center. her good foot is booted, her dragging foot is bare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6TIZkzMf_A&feature=related

and this happend to be on Mad TV immediately following (0:33)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KQagvToZs
05-09-2012 23:10 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:

I've worked with the art director, he's into pantyhose and shoe loss and he told me that the death scenes will include deshoeing/debooting. He's the one that made this illustration for my Polyphylon Girls story:

http://mandrakemoorglade.deviantart.com/...117210#/d373azq

Mandrake has attached this image (reduced version):
 polyphylon_girl___sarah_by_mandrakemoorg
lade-d373azq.jpg

05-10-2012 03:32 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1161909/5girls-bag-gumi-hair_ornament-h
airclip-hatsune_mik

I'm pretty sure this picture is a "foot fade" one, as opposed to an actual one shoe picture (given how fuzzy the "shoeless" feet are). I am posting it, however, on the ground I can't think of an angle that would put all of those feet in the back.
05-10-2012 13:27 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Mandrake do you know if the character will just lose a single shoe or both? Are the death scenes going to have zombies pulling off the characters shoe?
05-10-2012 21:16 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Mrx Mrx is a male

Registration Date: 05-01-2012

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is one chapter of Dexter's Lab where Dee Dee and her friends take off their shoes ballet and bind each.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mrx: 05-10-2012 22:50.

05-10-2012 22:40 Mrx is offline Send an Email to Mrx Search for Posts by Mrx Add Mrx to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Mandrake do you know if the character will just lose a single shoe or both? Are the death scenes going to have zombies pulling off the characters shoe?

I don't know, he didn't go into too much detail. They're still in the planning stages.

He did send me some sketches of the playable female characters:

Mandrake has attached these images (downsized versions):
Alice share size.jpg Lei Lei share size.jpg Ladies place holder.jpg

05-11-2012 06:22 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

Some more pics of Alice getting de-shoed at disney world:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j1lv8al0tbqb1mu
05-11-2012 06:51 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Another Phineas and Ferb one tonight featuring (finally) Vanessa Doofenshmirtz. In the scecond half of tonights new epidsode (Minor Monogram) Dr. Doofenshmirtz traps Perry in a trap that locks perry in a right black high heeled boot (basically identical to the ones Vanessa wears). His new assistant takes him out of it (to put him in a trap of his own design). Vanessa, who is impressed by the craftsmanship of the boot and after one of the cutaways, you see her adjusting her cuff in a manner that shows she has clearly put the boot on (she gets a little nonplussed however, when she find out that Doof apparently did not see any point in making a left boot trap. Doofs assistant then revelas he was setting Doof up the whole time and plans to take out both Doof and Perry and take over the world. Vanessa tries to run to help her father, only to discover that the trap boot is attached to the ground. during the following scene while Doof and the assistant are struggling Vanessa finally manages to get her foot out of the boot trap. She remains in one boot until the end of the episdoe (which is slightly odd, as the boot she took off to put the trap on is in the shot and literally in arms reach the whole time). There are only three shots of her one booted when she gets it off (which is sort of small, as she is in the background) when she is untying perry (when she is on her knees in a position where you can only see her bootless foot.) and when she is looking an crushing on Monty Monogram (Major Monogram's son, who is the one who flies in and rescues eveyone at the end of the episode). Mandrake, you should be especially pleased, Vanessa apparantly wears brown pantyhose or stockings under her boots.
05-12-2012 02:21 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah, it looks like she might be wearing rht stockings, though it's hard to tell in this show, they could just be socks. With all the de-shoeing on this show it'd be nice if the feet were a little more detailed. Great find though, I was only able to find a bad quality spanish version online.

http://www.tubeplus.me/player/1975827/Ph...Minor_Monogram/

Scene begins at 7:40
05-12-2012 07:39 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Give it a little time,it only got promo'ed her last night someone or other will post the episode in English (and, hopefully with better resoultion) eventually.

I suppose socks are possible, though stockings seem more likey. At least in this universe, socks seem to have much less deliniated darker patches on the toe and heel. Though bear in mind, up to this point, the only person whose feet we have seen in socks without shoes is Candace (well, the only girl, I don't remember if we saw any of the guys (I think maybe Doofenshmirtz, but im not sure) twice ("Interview with the Platypus" and "We Call it Maze", all the other times, she's lost her socks at the same time.) so the above statement may technically only apply to her.
Okay so that's Vanessa down, that only leaves Isabella and Stacy. A part of me REALLY wants to see Isabella lose or remove her shoes, simply so I can figure out whether they are sneakers or not. The white zone on the top can be interpreted equally well as laces or a strap gap with her socks showing through like on candace (until Interview with a platypus, I honestly thought the orange space in her shoes was either laces or a tounge (I should have worked it out back in Badbeard, but I wasn't paying all that much attention). I suppose that is a question that was answered for anyone who saw the stage show (from what I saw of the promos, they put a lot of effort into making sure the costumes were are accurate to the show as would be possible with live actors). I can't see Stacy losing her shoes (not given how much she loves shoes in general). but I CAN see her taking them off to try another pair on (all we need is an episode that takes place in a mall (which we have had) while they are shopping.
05-12-2012 11:51 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

In the A-G-L-E-T music video a woman has one Clog off.
05-12-2012 13:59 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

And yet another one. The First DC short this morning was a New Teen Titians short featuring Starfire and Blackfire. During the clip, Blackfire was shown putiting on her Starfire disguise, and that included a picture of her pulling on her boots (no feet, but since the boots are so long, it's obvios the one she is putting on is her first.)
05-12-2012 17:11 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mrx Mrx is a male

Here is one chapter of El chavo where chavo removes chilindrina's shoe Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOQq7-4S3UQ (4:30) Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mrx: 05-13-2012 04:31.

05-13-2012 04:30 Mrx is offline Send an Email to Mrx Search for Posts by Mrx Add Mrx to your Buddy List
Administrator

No shoe-loss, but a great scene nonetheless.

Near the beginning of the new Avengers movie, Scarlet Johanson has had her high heels removed and is tied to a chair being interrogated (or doing the interrogating). Unfortunately you don't get to see them remove her shoes, but she's wearing sheer black pantyhose, and when she escapes she beats up the bad guys in her stocking feet. There are some nice closeups her of her feet when she bends down to pick up her shoes. She walks away from the camera carrying her shoes and there are some nice sole shots. I'm definitely getting this one on bluray when it comes out for this scene.
05-14-2012 01:30 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Mrx Mrx is a male

Yeah I see this, but still no link Frown
05-14-2012 02:38 Mrx is offline Send an Email to Mrx Search for Posts by Mrx Add Mrx to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 15 16 [17] 18 19 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH