bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (118): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

She is a heroine of my story "Apprentice From the Nightmares". (only Polish, I'm sorry)

She learns magic at master Sedigovius. And although she has really great talent, but she is also terribly scatterbrained. The picture shown the effect of her absentmindedness - she made a mistake in the spell by using one wrong word. And...

Master Sedigovius hid from her a book with a particularly difficult spells. In the absence of Sedigovius she was trying to get these book in her hands, using small plant and spell of growth and obedience. But due to a mistake that she made, though plant grown but bound Alisee and lifted her up to the air. She tried to break free from the bonds, but only lost a shoe in her struggle.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 02-29-2012 23:24.

02-29-2012 11:23 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
hot293wildcat

Registration Date: 10-27-2010

Frown Gwen loses shoe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I saw the episode but the problem is I did not see Gwen lose her shoe. When does it happen?
03-01-2012 03:29 hot293wildcat is offline Send an Email to hot293wildcat Search for Posts by hot293wildcat Add hot293wildcat to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

RE: Gwen loses shoe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hot293wildcat
I saw the episode but the problem is I did not see Gwen lose her shoe. When does it happen?

...she doesn't, unfortunately. The info we received was wrong.

Welcome to the boards, though. Smile

03-01-2012 03:43 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hunter77721
She is a heroine of my story "Apprentice From the Nightmares". (only Polish, I'm sorry)

She learns magic at master Sedigovius. And although she has really great talent, but she is also terribly scatterbrained. The picture shown the effect of her absentmindedness - she made a mistake in the spell by using one wrong word. And...

Master Sedigovius hid from her a book with a particularly difficult spells. In the absence of Sedigovius she was trying to get these book in her hands, using small plant and spell of growth and obedience. But due to a mistake that she made, though plant grown but bound Alisee and lifted her up to the air. She tried to break free from the bonds, but only lost a shoe in her struggle.

Cool. Nice story idea Smile
03-01-2012 08:16 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Double Ace

This is only a small incident in the story.

03-01-2012 12:30 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
With regards to Miss Martian, however nice it would be, I'd say it's actually rather unlikey she will ever lose a one of her boots, for several reasons. First, i seem to recall a bit in one of the early episodes where she said that her clothes are basically a sort of projection (which is why they can change when she changes). When she changes clothes, as far as I can tell she basically just wills them to change. So her losing one of her shoes may very well be impossible as they don't really exist as seperate entities. I suppose she could change her clothes to make it look like she was missing a shoe, but I cannot think of a lot of circumstances where that would happen (In fact, I can think of only one, being caught in some sort of disaster that no one could get out of without being hurt, and making herself look "beat up" to cover the fact that she, as a superhero, is uninjured). Even if it did happen, statistically the odds of her losting one of her blue boots is pretty low, as she doesn't actually wear them all that often. Young Justice is a product of the modern cartoon tradtion, and they really are trying to eliminate the "combat stiletto" trope (even Black Canary wears flat soled boots in this version). They even sort of lampshaded the fact they were doing this in one episode, in the Haloween one, Zatara (or is it Zatanna, I always get confused which is the guy and which is the girl) cast a spell to make her boots flat soled, so she can run better (I wonder if, come the next season, we'll discover she's made that change permanent). So if you noticed, MM doesn't wear her "dress costume" most of the time. around the cave, she's usually in her school clothes. And the moment they go out on a mission, she tends to switch to her "stealth" costume, which also features flat boots. So it's not that likey, in my opinion

Well, Zatanna was in the episdoe they showed today, and it looks like she's gone back to the heels (since she could dissolve them at will, I don't find this particularly suprising). Actually todays episode was a triple heel one; it's the first time Miss Martian has gone on a mission in her REGULAR superhero outfit (with the heeled boots) and when Zatanna become a feminized version of Dr. Fate, her boots still have heels (in fact, I thik they get a bit higher than the ones on her normal coustume).
03-03-2012 22:37 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Looks like the disney fairies lose their shoes in this graphic novel:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Fairies-Gra...31021362&sr=8-1
Five stories featuring Tinker Bell and the rest of the Fairies of Pixie Hollow! In "The Lost Fairy" Tinker Bell and Prilla search for one of their missing friends while "The Wings of Rani" sees the only wingless fairy, Rani, strive to save her friend Beck from a huge waterfall. "The Most Beautiful Dress" pits Beck, Vidia and Prilla against each other in a dress contest, leaving Tinker Bell to keep the competition from getting out of hand. Beck learns the true value of friends in "The Color of Friendship", and lastly all of the Fairies find themselves looking a bit silly when Queen Clarion accidentally looses her shoes, leading all the Fairies to do the same, thinking it’s the newest fashion trend! A collection of warm and funny stories starring Tinker Bell and friends.

Haven't read it so I don't know much else, but I'm sure it's worth checking out.
03-06-2012 09:11 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake

Five stories featuring Tinker Bell and the rest of the Fairies of Pixie Hollow! In "The Lost Fairy" Tinker Bell and Prilla search for one of their missing friends while "The Wings of Rani" sees the only wingless fairy, Rani, strive to save her friend Beck from a huge waterfall. "The Most Beautiful Dress" pits Beck, Vidia and Prilla against each other in a dress contest, leaving Tinker Bell to keep the competition from getting out of hand. Beck learns the true value of friends in "The Color of Friendship", and lastly all of the Fairies find themselves looking a bit silly when Queen Clarion accidentally looses her shoes, leading all the Fairies to do the same, thinking it’s the newest fashion trend! A collection of warm and funny stories starring Tinker Bell and friends.

Haven't read it so I don't know much else, but I'm sure it's worth checking out.

I did get a copy, don't bother. The losing occurs off screen and it's not a losing while wearing, it's a losing as in misplacing. There are no scenes of the fairues taking off thier shoes, the just go from being fully shod to being barefoot There is one very brief scene of the queen removing her shoes (very basic pink flats) near the end, and that really only consists of a heel pop. That's it. I can see the book might be of interest to someone who likes to see fairies barefootm but not really to shoe loss lovers.
03-06-2012 14:26 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
quote:

I did get a copy, don't bother. The losing occurs off screen and it's not a losing while wearing, it's a losing as in misplacing. There are no scenes of the fairues taking off thier shoes, the just go from being fully shod to being barefoot There is one very brief scene of the queen removing her shoes (very basic pink flats) near the end, and that really only consists of a heel pop. That's it. I can see the book might be of interest to someone who likes to see fairies barefootm but not really to shoe loss lovers.

Ah, okay thanks for the review. Do you know of any books that show stocking feet and shoe loss?
03-06-2012 22:31 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male

...I remember being able to read a bit of a children's book only starring Barbie where shoe loses one of her heels and goes off finding it. I'm trying to remember where I saw it online; it may be Amazon...

EDIT: Yep, it was Amazon.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by potk: 03-06-2012 22:48.

03-06-2012 22:40 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

A few more off the top of my head

6Teen- Don't remember which episode, but there was a scene in one of them where, to get the sporty girl out of the store she works at, two of the guys dress as paramedics, and put her on a gurney, which they then proceed to accidently knock down the mall's escalator. When you see the path if destruction, you first see one of the girl's tennis sneakers on the ground and then her caught in a cactus, sans one shoe. I also seem to recall one episode where, for some reason, she took off both her sneakers, and then lost them, and was walking around in socks for the rest of the episode.

Atomic Betty- There is one shoe loss in this show, and it's a pretty poor one. It occurs near the end of one of the episodes where Betty and her band have just won the talent show. Regeena trips and falls off the stage, When she hits one of her shoes flies off (you don't see her, but you see her shoe fly back up into the shot temporarily). That, to my knowledge is the only shoe loss in the whole shoe. Actually, the animators seem to have had a real problem with showing Betty without her shoes, as they drew here wearing them even in cases where she probably wouldn't (like when she is in bed). They even went so far as to remove the one cases when she should have been shoeless as part of the plot. In the episode "If the Shoe Fits" according to the rules of the episode, all delegates, as a mark of respect, are supposed to enter the conference with thier shoes in a box. However, in the actual scene, it is patently obvios Betty has simply put a pair of socks on over her boots (my guess is that they did this because the realized that betty has the problem with all characters who wear thigh boots and miniskirts; take the boots off and the character looks really naked.)
03-10-2012 02:10 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Here's one I remember from many years ago, but unfortunately haven't been able to find since. (Maybe someone here will).

It's a Thomas the Tank Engine popup book of all things. I remember seeing it in one of those Cost Co. type wholesale stores almost 20 years ago. I was paging through the book when I came upon a two page popup spread of Thomas crashing through someone's house. A young woman in stockings is sitting in a chair and when Thomas crashes through she falls back kicking her shoes off in the process. I remembered loving that page as a teenager, and I probably would have bought the book if it was today. But I was a teenager and felt too embarrassed to be buying a Thomas book, especially since I was with my mother. I can't remember the title book or the author/illustrator so it's been very hard to find since then.
03-10-2012 06:23 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

Summer Magic - Great scene where Hayley Mills loses her shoe running down stairs. I definitely had a huge crush on her as a kid.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSFqsM-8fr0
03-10-2012 08:44 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Here's one I remember from many years ago, but unfortunately haven't been able to find since. (Maybe someone here will).

It's a Thomas the Tank Engine popup book of all things. I remember seeing it in one of those Cost Co. type wholesale stores almost 20 years ago. I was paging through the book when I came upon a two page popup spread of Thomas crashing through someone's house. A young woman in stockings is sitting in a chair and when Thomas crashes through she falls back kicking her shoes off in the process. I remembered loving that page as a teenager, and I probably would have bought the book if it was today. But I was a teenager and felt too embarrassed to be buying a Thomas book, especially since I was with my mother. I can't remember the title book or the author/illustrator so it's been very hard to find since then.

I can sympathize. Remember back in the Goldilocks discussion where I said there were "two more I know of" Well, BOTH of those were cases where I could have bought them, but felt embarrassed to do so because I was with one of my parents. And I haven't seen either since despite combing ebay twice a day. I't a long shot, but you cou'd plug "Thomas the Tank Engine" +books into something like google or bing, switch it over to images and then surf down and hope that 1. someone posted a picture of the cover of that book and 2. you recognize it when you see it.)
03-10-2012 14:23 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

...if it's children's books we're contributing now, there are a few more I know of alongside Barbie. There's one featuring Dora the Explorer aptly called "Dora and the Missing Shoes" where the cover has her sitting in a sandbox with a magnifying glasses looking at her foot, which is missing both a shoe and a sock. Another is called "Shana's Lost Shoe", which shows a little black girl named Shana kwho usually appears on Disney Channel) on the cover standing missing her left sneaker. The last one I know of stars Miss Piggy of all people, in which her nephews rush to find her missing shoe before the stage show begins (I don't remember the name of the book thought).

03-10-2012 22:24 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

To those you can add Sam's Sneaker Search,(girl goes looking for her sneaker). Where is it, Dainty Dinosaur (same thing) Jane and the lost shoe (that's a really old, really rare one) Fuzzy Wuzzy Kitten (another old one)
03-11-2012 01:43 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Double Ace

You can also add a book of Yvan Pommaux:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29126079@N0...157612973898860

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 03-11-2012 10:14.

03-11-2012 10:12 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Looks like Megan's ain't gonna have heels anymore but not a new costume either. Sorry for the spoilers but check for yourself. Haven't seen Zatanna's new look so maybe she might ditch her boots and go for high heeled shoes but there's a low chance of that happening since Philip Bourassa seems to be designing more practical costumes so it isn't likely but as a YJ fan I like the new designs I see and I'm really excited for Invasion and who's to say there won't be any shoe loss this is fiction and it's not like we haven't seen a girl lose a shoe in an improbable way and we don't know what Greg Weisman has planned in the script.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u495/fyeahlil/YJ.png

Sorry but when it comes to children's books I can't help you there.

Edit: Speaking of superheroes I can't wait to Sonia in action it given me some ideas for the Super-powered Serial Shoe Stealer. But I'd like to see Fantomaz's design for her a superhero first.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 03-11-2012 13:46.

03-11-2012 13:16 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Looks like Megan's ain't gonna have heels anymore but not a new costume either. Sorry for the spoilers but check for yourself. Haven't seen Zatanna's new look so maybe she might ditch her boots and go for high heeled shoes but there's a low chance of that happening since Philip Bourassa seems to be designing more practical costumes so it isn't likely but as a YJ fan I like the new designs I see and I'm really excited for Invasion and who's to say there won't be any shoe loss this is fiction and it's not like we haven't seen a girl lose a shoe in an improbable way and we don't know what Greg Weisman has planned in the script.

I'm not sure we can count Me'gann's heels out quite yet. That costume looks an awful lot like her "stealth suit"; the costume she already wears when the mission invloves concealment, which was always flat. They may have simply used a clip cell of her in it. Since so far the majority of the missions have involved one or another "stealth mission" (there are multiple forms, yesterdays episode had them suiting up "polar stealth") if they picked a random base the odds of it being in her stealth uniform are actually more likely. There is also the possibility of them using it because MM's is going to use that costume for the duration of the arc then go back to her old one. If the arc invovles the YJ tean being on constant call, I can easily see MM deciding to make the stealth version her default for the moment. BTW to make things sourer, yesterdays episode gave us a clue as to what Zatarra's stealth is going to look like, and it looks like that is going to be flat too, assuming her polar is typical (it might not, it sorta just looked like she had put on a parka and dressed herself as a person going out into cold weather would) . And we still might have a chance with Artemis (her superhero costume may be flat, but she does wear heeled boots as part of her casual clothes)
03-11-2012 14:12 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

I think that if anyone is going to lose a shoe they'll probably be in their casual clothes I guess. Maybe they'll get ambushed and kidnapped and lose a shoe in process maybe Bane knows not only Bruce Wayne's identity but Barbra Gordon's too in this continuity.
03-11-2012 14:22 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Pages (118): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH