bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Star Wars: Finally I managed to find shoe loss from Star Wars, a franchise thats been going on for more than 30 years. It's just fan art but it's pretty decent. I managed to find an artist on deviantart. Who uploaded 2 pics of Ahsoka without a boot. I actually watched an episode of The Clone Wars where Ahsoka was crawling away from Grevious, I was hoping that Grevious would use one of his many hands to grab her boot forcing her to remove it to escape, who knows maybe this happened in the original script, I'm thinking of writing a fanfic where this does happen but I have no idea what to call it, any suggestions for a title? I feel like I've seen a loss before like that were a female character has to abandon her shoe to get away from the bad guy (not the Wagya no Onarisama one).

http://the-first-magelord.deviantart.com...set=24#/d2bygb3

Between the two this is my favourite one. I find it kind of funny how the first thing it took off was her boot.

http://the-first-magelord.deviantart.com...45159?offset=40

Well, to be fair, most of the Jedi and Sith do not wear particualry losable footwear. Leaving aside the fair number who belong to races that go barefoot, the standard Jedi/sith shoe of choice seems to be high, soft, skintight boots.nn fact quite a few seem to wear not so much shoes per se as buskins/foot bindings (which are not so much removable as unravelable.) In fact the only Jedi I can think of who wears slippers is that one who oversees the clone school (the one that looks a bit like an older Asoka, but with white makeup around her eyes)
This is a lousy single shoe (to save you time, it's "P") but I have to post it as I LOVE the concept (though Gorey loses a bit without the drawings)
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1081214/6-boys-6-girls-alcohol-amy_-gas
hlycrumb_tinies-arm

for the record, I know of two to three actual sihoe loss/single shoe picture in Goreys real ouvre. There's a girl in one ballet slipped somewhere near the middle of "The Lavender Dress" and a girl dangling one pump near the middle of "The Curious Sofa" there's also a girl on a bed with both her boots removed near the beginning of "The Other Statue" but the picure is so heavily shaded you won't see them unless you look carefully.
01-24-2012 00:12 Nopperabo is online Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Simpsons: In the episode "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo" Marge's shoe falls into a volcano. (Can't seem to find a working link. Sorry.)

Mulan II: A literal Cinderella moment. One of the princess' loses her slipper while getting into the carraige.

Anastasia: Woman (I forget her name) accidentally kicks her shoe off. (Gave up on finding the english version)

quote:
Star Wars: Finally I managed to find shoe loss from Star Wars, a franchise thats been going on for more than 30 years. It's just fan art but it's pretty decent. I managed to find an artist on deviantart. Who uploaded 2 pics of Ahsoka without a boot. I actually watched an episode of The Clone Wars where Ahsoka was crawling away from Grevious, I was hoping that Grevious would use one of his many hands to grab her boot forcing her to remove it to escape.

There was another scene where Ahsoka was fighting to escape the yougnest member of a group of lizard bountyhunters on a deserted planet (it was part of a two-parter with Chewbacca), and as she jumped off to the side, the bountyhunter grabbed her ankle, but she was able to get away a few seconds later. It really does irk me that the vast majority of characters wear such tight boots.

Personally, if I were to have a Star Wars character lose a shoe, it'd probably be Riyo Chuchi, especially becuase hers appear to be low-cut and easier to lose, and I like her design more (blue is my favourite color). Big Grin

quote:
I feel like I've seen a loss before like that were a female character has to abandon her shoe to get away from the bad guy (not the Wagya no Onarisama one).

While this is the first time I've heard of that anime, I do remember one with a similair scene (it might be the same one, I'm not sure). I've been looking for it forever, but the scene starts off right at the beginning of the episode:

A girl is running on the edge of a wall when she suddenly trips. She gets up and starts to run only to mysteriously trip again. She turn s to see why she's tripped so many times, only to find out there's a glowing string wrapped around her ankle. A dark hooded figure shows up and tells her (I think) that he's there to try and catch her familiars. The dark figure pulls the string to try and take her prisoner, but the girl loosens her boot, and the boot gets yanked off. She jumps on the wall edge and starts running, then takes off one of her gloves, which transforms into a monster, and then the scene fades out.

It might be the same anime, I'm not sure; I found the episode on an anime blog a really long time ago, but can't seem to find it again.

quote:
Also I was thinking of making a TVTropes page for the ecomics.

I was thinking the same thing, but since these are special interest e-comics, I'm not entirely sure about it...

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
Drawn Together Near the beginning of the episode "Breakfast Cereal Killer" Two children are shown eating cereal on a tablecloth. A cartoon duck then show up asking for some cereal (parodying the Trix commercials) when the kids refuse the Duck beats the girl up then hits her over the head with a milk bottle, . When you see her in the next scene one of her mary janes has fallen off (00:16)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSceJR5ciBE&feature=related
actually there were quite a few shoe loss/removal scenes in this cartoon series. There was an epidsode where Toot kicked on of her pumps off on her way into the house (the one with the adopted baby, I think) and another where she lost one which dropped into a swimming pool of acid (in a retirement home) one of the other episodes had a bit near the begining as well where Foxxy had one boot off becuse ome of the other characters (Wooldor, I think) was licking her foot becuse he thought she was made of chocolate.

The episodes for Toot are Captain Girl (12:40) and Alzhemier's That Ends Well (16:40) (She has it on again after the end of the fake commercial.)

The one with Foxxy I think she deliberatley took it off; I remember a Marin the Martian lookalike asking her too.

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by potk: 01-24-2012 02:46.

01-24-2012 02:03 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Different episiode. The one where Marvin ask her to jam her boot up her (his?) pooter was a different one. I remember that one is before the one I am thinking of if that's any help

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 01-24-2012 04:18.

01-24-2012 04:17 Nopperabo is online Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

The you were talking about potk was Wagya no Onarisama. In fact I've already uploaded a link to it on this list.

I think your pick for which Star Wars character you'd want to lose a shoe is good. I don't think that Riyo's shoes are low cut I think that there just boots since I doubt that she'd where low cut shoes on an ice planet. But how would you want her to lose, I've got a few ideas.

Finally an adventure movie where a female character loses her shoe permanently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj-qtYJy_ms

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-24-2012 18:14.

01-24-2012 18:07 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Well, I'm not that big a Star Wars fan to be honest; I'm more of a Doctor Who/Transformers guy (although there aren't many human characters in Transformers Big Grin ).

Outside the animated series, I don't know much about the Star Wars mythos and such.

01-24-2012 18:37 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

What do you think about the Tranformers movie trilogy by Michael Bay?
Crap I just remembered Megaupload has been shut down. A lot of the videos on this list are Megavideo. I wonder if SOPA and PIPA could affect this list.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-24-2012 19:32.

01-24-2012 19:24 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Code Geass there are one (or possibly two) shoe loss scenes in this cartton both in episode 1 of season 2. The better (and only defitive one) occurs at around 13:54, where an unditentified woman's feet in one pump are seen crowding onto an elevator (in context a lot of people think the feet belong to Kallen, who is dressed up as a cocktail bunny at the time and is wearing identical pumps. However as it was pointed out to me, Kallen is wearing pantyhose with her costume, and the single shod woman is bare legged). It is also slighty possible that the girl in the wreckage at 5:55 is missing a shoe though that is iffy (one of her feet is behind the foreground, and it's sort of an issue of whether you should be able to see the top of her other shoe over the edge)
http://www.animecrazy.net/code-geass-r2-episode-1/
To my knowledge, those are the only ones in the series (though as has been pointed out on TV tropes. there is at least one barefoot shot for pretty much every lead female character). However there are 2 pretty decent boot removal scenes for C2, one per season (and hence 1 per pair of her primary boots in the show) neither includes a good shot of her feet but the first one (episode 4 I think) does show her empty boots being thrown on the floor demonstrating just how floppy they are (i.e. that they are probably cloth, not leather).
01-24-2012 19:41 Nopperabo is online Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

...Eh, I don't particularly care for the Bay films personally. As for the SOPA and PIPA, they've practically been shot down, so we don't really have to worry about them for the time being. I just recently heard about the Megaupload ordeal, but I don't think that's a result of the SOPA and PIPA, as they have been passedinto law.

01-24-2012 19:45 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I found a video addressing SOPA, PIPA and ACTA (which I just heard about now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tD1yaE0GfQ&feature=relmfu

potk I think your opinion of the TF movies is pretty much the same as the entire fandom.
But at least they got new people into Transformers.

As for the Code Geass loss. I thought Kallen lost her shoe (would've have been cool if she did while she was in that bunny outfit) the first time I saw the episode then I realized the same thing the person who pointed out that it was another woman. By a lot of people thinking the feet belong to Kallen do you mean fetishist or just random people who watched this?

http://batmad.deviantart.com/favourites/...set=48#/d1vcuu6

http://batmad.deviantart.com/favourites/...fset=0#/d2hdmhu

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-24-2012 20:23.

01-24-2012 20:20 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

While I saw the movies first, I didn't really get into Transformers untill after I played War for Cybetron, which is really good. Then I started watching Transformers Prime on The Hub, which follows the same continuity.

Funny thing,; In Prime one of the characters' mother finds out about the AutoBots. In the followup episode, she comes in and asks where Optimus is. When she finds out he's not there, she jokes "...and I wore heels and everything." (although she's not actually wearing any)

01-24-2012 20:27 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I've heard good things about TF Prime. I think I'll start watching it sooner or later. Have you watched the new Avengers series? I didn't really think I would be discussing about animated series especially in these forums.

Is it true that Miko is annoying?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-24-2012 20:44.

01-24-2012 20:36 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Nah, I haven't gotten into the Avengers series. I still haven't Thor yet, and I need to see it before The Avengers comes out.

EDIT: I don't find Miko that annoying, but kinda.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by potk: 01-24-2012 20:47.

01-24-2012 20:47 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
By a lot of people thinking the feet belong to Kallen do you mean fetishist or just random people who watched this?
[/URL]

I meant anyone who watched the show. For any show there will be hundreds of fans who will analyze every last tiny detail, so no fragment is considered too trivial for examination.
01-24-2012 21:03 Nopperabo is online Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Thanks for answering that. Anyway back to the list.

Devil May Cry: The Animated Series: At the begining of an episode a girls trips over stairs and loses her glasses and a shoe.

I think that I don't have many other losses to share. Right now I can't remember and more. A lot of losses I do remember, well when I go revisit the episode I realize that the character didn't lose the shoe.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-24-2012 21:26.

01-24-2012 21:13 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
Star Wars: Finally I managed to find shoe loss from Star Wars, a franchise thats been going on for more than 30 years. It's just fan art but it's pretty decent. I managed to find an artist on deviantart. Who uploaded 2 pics of Ahsoka without a boot. I actually watched an episode of The Clone Wars where Ahsoka was crawling away from Grevious, I was hoping that Grevious would use one of his many hands to grab her boot forcing her to remove it to escape, who knows maybe this happened in the original script, I'm thinking of writing a fanfic where this does happen but I have no idea what to call it, any suggestions for a title? I feel like I've seen a loss before like that were a female character has to abandon her shoe to get away from the bad guy (not the Wagya no Onarisama one). Also I was thinking of making a tRrvtropes page for the ecomics.

http://the-first-magelord.deviantart.com...set=24#/d2bygb3

Between the two this is my favourite one. I find it kind of funny how the first thing it took off was her boot.

http://the-first-magelord.deviantart.com...45159?offset=40

Too bad she didn't lose her boot in the show, there were many opportunities. In fact shoe loss if kind of rare in sci fi especially in space operas. I think there is more shoe loss in fantasy, not just because of the Cinderella thing.

[/URL]

Love this. Ever since I noticed Ahsoka Tano wears pantyhose I always wished she'd lose a boot somewhere. Another one who I'd wish would lose a shoe is Padme. In the Clone Wars series she tends to wear low cut flats, unlike most of the females in that show. I like to think she wears sheer stockings underneath, but it's impossible to tell since her shoes never come off.

Speaking of which, in the opening scene of Attack of the Clones, her handmaiden, Corde, loses her shoes when her ship explodes. No nylons though.

Also, a lot of Vore videos have shoe loss content. One of my favorites was this drawn comic series turned into a video. It's called Debralicious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X38Jt-aIYV4
01-24-2012 22:04 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male

Found this short manga where a girl is only wearing one shoe.

01-25-2012 00:34 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
Originally posted by potk
Found this short manga where a girl is only wearing one shoe.

That was ... odd, but cool. I wonder how she lost her shoe?
01-25-2012 00:42 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male

Given how the whole thing was a dream, part of me thinks she only has one shoe in the dream because she lost it in reality, and given the nekomimi in the dream, it had to do with the cat in the frame in the last npage. My geuss is that the girl tried to save the cat, lost her shoe and ended up in the hospital. The ghost of the cat, which died offscreen helps the girl's soul escape the dream and the girl wakes up in the real world.

01-25-2012 00:48 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Uncle Scrooge Adventures: Magica de Spell loses a shoe after stealing Scrooge's Lucky Dime and then falling off a ladder

The Adventures of Sly Cooper: Madame D'Oinkeau loses a shoe while following Inspector Carmelita Fox. Carmelita then kicks both of her's off before attempting to make an arrest.

Shanghai Noon: Lucy Liu loses a shoe in the blooper reel.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by potk: 01-26-2012 21:19.

01-26-2012 21:08 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
sffan sffan is a male

Registration Date: 12-21-2011

Here's something Cool. Anna Williams from Tekken 6 using her shoe as a weapon. Actually she kicks it off. Sweetness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxcwcyxF...51&feature=plcp

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sffan: 01-26-2012 21:20.

01-26-2012 21:19 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH