bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 51 52 [53] 54 55 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, I've heard that term before A lot of the fantasy authors I read are British and Tom Holt (who I am beginning to think has a serious shoe fetish of his own) is quite fond of the term Took me a while however to realize it and pump were synonyms (thanks to the first time I saw there term used I though court shoes might be a specific kind of pump, one with a pair of thin straps that crisscrossed over the instep, making an X (sort of like a cross between a pump and a Ghillie flat [those shoes worn by people doing Irish or Scottish dancing)
11-22-2013 16:19 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
Yes, I've heard that term before A lot of the fantasy authors I read are British and Tom Holt (who I am beginning to think has a serious shoe fetish of his own) is quite fond of the term Took me a while however to realize it and pump were synonyms (thanks to the first time I saw there term used I though court shoes might be a specific kind of pump, one with a pair of thin straps that crisscrossed over the instep, making an X (sort of like a cross between a pump and a Ghillie flat [those shoes worn by people doing Irish or Scottish dancing)

The term court shoe as far as I can tell was in common use in the late 1940s and into the 1950s and refered to a slip on stiletto shoe with any height heel. Just to confuse things even more you do get the term sling back court shoe, peep toe court shoe and even an ankle strap court shoe. So it seems like there is no hard and fast rule.
11-22-2013 16:45 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Another interesting style worth mentioning is what is called a "roman sandal". This is a style that is sort of like a cross between a Mary Jane and a boot; a tall shoe or boot fastened with several to many cross straps. Not much worn nowadays, but VERY popular in Victorian times. Off the top of my head, the best example I can think of would be in the movie version of Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfornate Events. The two femal Baudelaire chidren wear them; the babys are short with about three cross straps, while the older one's have a half dozen or so.

Anyhoo another deviant pic
http://ladybeemer.deviantart.com/art/OC-Abigail-lost-a-boot-415286056
11-23-2013 13:50 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Very quick scene, but girl loses her shoe in this commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynvKWYvyCqw
11-23-2013 15:36 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

http://youtu.be/giGAEe3_Ft0?t=4m54s
11-23-2013 16:19 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9thrsJXYB3k (38:56)
11-24-2013 16:35 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

Here is a nice videos of a drunk woman dancing wearing one shoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpNsoWCdN_M
11-24-2013 23:45 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Too early to have a link (will try and add one next week) but tonight's episode of Fox's Animation Domination had a shoe loss in the second segment of Axe Cop. The Best Fairy In the World lost one of her shoes near the end while fighting Beautiful Girly Bob.
Also I though it might be worth giving a heads up that a few weeks ago while in a bookstore I saw a book that seems to be the first volume of a series covering all of the Sunday Peanuts comics. It's only volume one (and hence ends way to early), but eventually they will presumably that comic of Snoopy stealing Lucy's shoe, and this time, it should be in color.
12-01-2013 06:42 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Who would you like to see me draw next a Marvel character or a DC character?

http://emlan.deviantart.com/art/A-vote-f...RTING-369628301

http://emlan.deviantart.com/art/Fillyjinkas-211662622
12-07-2013 15:59 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Who would you like to see me draw next a Marvel character or a DC character?

http://emlan.deviantart.com/art/A-vote-f...RTING-369628301

http://emlan.deviantart.com/art/Fillyjinkas-211662622

As far as Marvel goes, I'd like to see either Black Widow or Pepper Potts. If DC, then either Zatanna or Harley Quinn. I'm actually not that well versed in either universe.

12-07-2013 16:03 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Not a fan of comic books, but from what I've seen, Pepper Potts has my vote. What do you need to do a deviation of the main female character from my upcoming novel? She's a young, hot-looking red-head in one very distinct Mary Jane pump, short pleated skirt and a floppy brimmed hat. Not getting into details as to how she's lost her shoe except to say she's being chased by some very bad people into a rail yard where my hero, a railroad cop, finds her. I have examples of the shoe, hat etc. in question. Would be neat to see what others would view her as beyond my own images of her.
12-08-2013 08:16 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

shoe kicked in water Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

don't know if this has already been posted. it's cute and involves nylons ...

shoe kicked into sea
12-12-2013 23:37 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Administrator

RE: shoe kicked in water Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fantomaZ
don't know if this has already been posted. it's cute and involves nylons ...

shoe kicked into sea

That is amazingly awesome.
12-14-2013 03:04 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

Al Bundy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://youtu.be/g390OacetKQ?t=17m31s
12-14-2013 03:57 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
LizardWarrior LizardWarrior is a male

Registration Date: 02-06-2013

RE: Al Bundy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
http://youtu.be/g390OacetKQ?t=17m31s

Thanks for posting this link. It was a great reminder of a time when nearly all women on TV wore nylons. How I miss those days...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LizardWarrior: 12-15-2013 02:51.

12-15-2013 02:50 LizardWarrior is offline Send an Email to LizardWarrior Search for Posts by LizardWarrior Add LizardWarrior to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

I've found a great pic, a part of wider graphic:
train

12-22-2013 13:14 hunter77721 is online Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by hunter77721
I've found a great pic, a part of wider graphic:
train

Nice one I like it.
12-22-2013 17:45 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Kudos. I agree. Is there an explanation on how the girl lost her shoe?
12-24-2013 04:34 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

quote:
Originally posted by grizzletoad1
Kudos. I agree. Is there an explanation on how the girl lost her shoe?

Sure it is! Just look here:Train graphic

12-24-2013 20:55 hunter77721 is online Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

That is some piece of work! Nice job. Merry Christmas to you!
12-26-2013 02:59 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 51 52 [53] 54 55 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH