bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (118): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 Candace removes roller skate hot293wildcat 05-07-2012 23:35
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread omega 01-01-2012 23:57
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread Nopperabo 01-02-2012 00:20
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread omega 01-02-2012 00:26
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread Nopperabo 01-02-2012 02:37
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread omega 01-02-2012 13:56
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread Nopperabo 01-02-2012 15:12
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread omega 01-02-2012 15:22
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread Nopperabo 01-02-2012 15:51
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread Nopperabo 01-02-2012 15:44
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread omega 01-02-2012 16:01
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread omega 01-02-2012 16:43
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread Nopperabo 01-02-2012 16:56
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread omega 01-02-2012 17:14
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread Nopperabo 01-02-2012 18:13
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread omega 01-02-2012 18:23
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread Nopperabo 01-02-2012 18:30
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread omega 01-02-2012 18:43
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread Nopperabo 01-02-2012 18:54
 RE: Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread sffan 01-02-2012 20:25
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
hot293wildcat

Registration Date: 10-27-2010

Candace removes roller skate Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I actually foind the episode when Candace gives one of her roller skates to Isibella.

It starts at 9:23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3MTs9EkMIA
05-07-2012 23:35 hot293wildcat is offline Send an Email to hot293wildcat Search for Posts by hot293wildcat Add hot293wildcat to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I found a link to the Linebarrel one.(7:50)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/linebarrels-o...verdrive-490726

Sorry about the ads.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 00:01.

01-01-2012 23:57 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Another one
The Girl Who Lept through time- Another Studio Ghibli Movie (like The Cat Returns, mentioned earlier in the list) The female lead loses one of her loafers while trying to slow down her bike, just before crashing (2:45)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DWctj8M-Mw&feature=related
waht makes this interesting is that, later when she has jumped back trough time someone else crashes, and he loses his shoe as well (8:53)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2U5DsU2XA&feature=related
01-02-2012 00:20 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I think in Spirited away the female lead says she lost her shoe in a backstory.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 00:27.

01-02-2012 00:26 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by omega
I think in Spirited away the female lead says she lost her shoe in a backstory.

She does, but while you do see the shoe in a flashback, you don't see her foot without it.
For the record the little girl loses one of her sandals during the bombing at the beggining of Grave of the Fireflies as well, but if you want a link of that, you have to find it yourself (I saw grave of the fireflies one, and never want to even get close to it again.)
01-02-2012 02:37 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I already knew about Grave of the Fireflies I completely understand why you wouldn't want to see that again.

I just found that Wagaya No Oinari Sama episode where the girl loses her boot. It's actually episode 9 not 18. She gets it back though.

http://www.nwanime.com/wagaya-no-oinaris...7d10d0e17df12c/

I'm not sure but I think in the anime movie Redline the green haired girl loses her boot.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 13:59.

01-02-2012 13:56 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Thanks, you just saved me a disc run !
I remembered one more Sailor moon one. There is an episode where the bag guy of the week disguises herself as a pair of glass slippers. When Usaigi tries one of them on, the bag guy reveals herself. Usagi is thrown back and you can see her in one shoe for a nanosecond (if you have slo motion playback) She inexpicably manages to get her other shoe back on by the next scene (based on this and the clip that was actually posted, I tend to assume Usagi's school shoes must be very stretcy, and those cross straps are elastic not leather.) Incidentally, I mangaged to get my hands on the carboard book version of this episode (I'm lucky enough to live in train distance of the NYC bookoff branch, the only one on the East Coast (and to have lived in driving distance of the other branch they had when they had it) so I have some acess to used Japanese books.) and in that rearranged version, Usagi is in one shoe until she actually changes.
I don't have any new video links (there are a few more discs I dug out of my room, but I'll have to do runs on them, and that will take a few hours) So here are a few of my favorite Danbooru images.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/79238/barasuishou-barefoot-boots-briefc
ase-closed_eyes-d

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/281639/-p-absurdres-animal_ears-cat_ear
s-cat_tail-erect_n

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/654549/bad_id-balancing-bangs-blunt_ban
gs-green_eyes-hime

This one of Rita Mordino is almost a hidden one. Since Rita's footwear is already totally mismatched, it's often hard to tell whether she is wearing her boots or her socks (a lot of fanarts assume that Rita's socks look just like her boots. It's a bit like Reuji Utsuo in Tohou, does it really count as a shoe if you can't take it off (sorta a variation of the arguments about if a plaster cast counts as a shoe).
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/436867

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/237285/bad_id-braid-brown_hair-carrying
-feet-glasses-gree

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/237284/ass-ass_grab-bad_id-blush-braid-
brown_hair-feet-gl

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/237282/bad_id-blush-braid-brown_hair-fa
lling-feet-glasses

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1046179/1girl-absurdres-alice_-wonderla
nd-alice_in_wonderl

This one just showed up a day or two ago; I think it's really funny
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1064228/1girl-apple_inc-arrietty-bag-ba
refoot-boots-brown_
01-02-2012 15:12 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Cool. I like the Arrietty one the most. I'd totally take the boot she took off and tease with it since she's so tiny. I found episode 11 of Betterman but the scientist doesn't lose her shoe.
01-02-2012 15:22 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Oops it turns out it was episode 9 (aqua) (7:00 appx) (sorry the link seems to have no sound)

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/betterman-episode-9-english-dubbed
the other possible one I mentioned here (with the other girl) is at appx 0:34
01-02-2012 15:51 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

maybe it was episode 9 (aqua) then
01-02-2012 15:44 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Thanks. Two shoe losses in the same episode, I've never seen that before.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 16:06.

01-02-2012 16:01 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Sorry but I also checked episodes 22, 23 and 24. The scientist doesn't lose her boot in either of them.
01-02-2012 16:43 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

well, if you want to leave the realm of the Human (and are willing to tread the fringes of the whole "brony" area) one of the episodes of that new My Little Pony show, that I saw in passing while waiting for something else to come on had 4-5 of the entire central cast of 6 missiing one shoe by the end. That old Disney remake of Rodgers and Hammersteins Cinderella (the one with Brandy) has literally dozens of women in one shoe near the end of the movie, as, now that I think of it, does any movie or TV performance of The Pirates of Penzance. And if you go far enough down the list of Oz books to John R. Neills The Wonder City of Oz you have a whole city literally running around in one shoe for almost a month, though there are not illustrations showing this (well there may be one, but Niells drawing method is so scratchy by that point that you could not tell a shod from an unshod foot anyway.)

Speaking of anthropomophic animals

http://sugar.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=57
01-02-2012 16:56 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Thanks. Do you know that girl in the snafu comic is missing her shoe?

Thanks for all the finds maybe there's a shoe loss you can't remember that I can help find 4 u.
01-02-2012 17:14 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Thanks. Do you know that girl in the snafu comic is missing her shoe?

Thanks for all the finds maybe there's a shoe loss you can't remember that I can help find 4 u.

why do thick I picked THAT panel/!?!
01-02-2012 18:13 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Oh sorry I meant to say why is she's missing a shoe.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 18:28.

01-02-2012 18:23 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Oh sorry I meant to say why do you think she's missing a shoe.

Well, I like to think Robin (that's the fox's name) is being polite and not putting her dirty sole in Bo's face, but the real reason is that in the previos scenes they were actually naked (though towel covered) due to thier clothes having been soaked when the boat they were on tossed them in the water and are in the process of dressing. Robin has her other shoe back by the next panel.
Not that cute little fox grils really need shoes

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/717380/animal_ears-bi-nyo-comparison-fo
x-fox_ears-fox_tai

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 01-02-2012 18:33.

01-02-2012 18:30 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Do you prefer when a girl loses one shoe (like me) or both?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 18:44.

01-02-2012 18:43 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

One, defintely. I'm as much a monosandalist as you.
01-02-2012 18:54 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
sffan sffan is a male

Registration Date: 12-21-2011

I personally prefer both shoes,but like the whole "Cinderella" thing as well.
01-02-2012 20:25 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
Pages (118): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH