bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sffan sffan is a male

Registration Date: 12-21-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks,potk Smile

Oh,Anyone remember the Cartoon Series,The Tick? We'll in this cartoon,there is a female crime fighter called American Maid. Her main ability is Throwing her shoes in battle. Some decent barefoot shots of her too.
12-24-2011 18:59 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah, I remember that show. I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner.

12-25-2011 00:52 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
sffan sffan is a male

In Tekken 6,Anna Williams has a special attack where she kicks off her shoes.
12-26-2011 02:45 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

quote:
Originally posted by omega
I just checked out that Ben 10 episode and Gwen doesn't lose her shoe. It says now on the wikia that it's the second time that she lost her shoe but nothing happened in the episode.

Actually, I'm not sure if there's even been a first. At least I recall none (and I have been looking) Unless they mean way back in episode 1 when Heablash set her shoe on fire. I think the problem may be that, since Gwen's current footwear is the same color as her stockings/tights, except when it's close up or from the side, it's rather had to tell her shod foot from her stocking one (add on that most of the fights occur in very dim light, and you add another layer of complication).
Anyhoo, since this is my first post, I might as well get contributin' Below is a list of additonal scenes I can think of off the top of my head (my apogies that none of these are actual links, I'm not great at finding things). Also note that not all of these would be considered "losses", some are deliberate (but given the number of faux cinderellas already on the list, this may be acceptable.)

Totally Spies besides all of the ones mentioned above, there are a few more (though most would be defined as "removals" rather than legit losses. Theres an episode involving a tunneling machine where Clover pulls one of her boots off becuse she stepped in something in a tunnel (some sort of grease, I think) just before a big mechanical tunneler attacks them. Similarly there was an episode involving an group of brain washed amazons where Alex took one of her boots off so she could put it on the W.O.O.P. moblie's portable scanner (not a great scene, but you do get a very brief shot of her half-shod feet in the well just before the scanner panel pulls out and covers them. Sam is the lowest in number with just one (and that one deliberate) In the episode with the body trait swapping machine, Sam takes off one of her cowboy boots so she can use the spur to cut through the cage everyone is trapped in.

Sailor Moon besides the one mentioned above, there are two more. Episode 13 features an occurance very similar to the previos video (actually that one is probably better as a "loss" since it actually is one, while the one in the link is not (in the link one, Usagi/Serena deliberately kicks her shoe off to make a decision (this is also what is happening in the Azumagna Diaoh clip) A little later in episdoe 55 there is a scene where Jupiter slaps Mercury on the back, causing her school shoe (those white cloth ones) to fall off and wind up on her head.)

Other animes (off the top of my head)

Betterman- This show has 2 losses in its run, both involving the attractive scientist. In one her purple pump falls off when the ladder of the helcopter she climbing out of jerks as she tries to climb down to a boat. You don't see a lot (you see her shoe hit the deck, and then she falls off and lands on the young male lead (but if you run her fall in slo-mo you can see both her feets. Much later, near the end of the series (episode 22-24), I think there is a scene where the same character is climbing a set of mysterious stares after the sub she was piloting crashed, and as she climbs you can see that one of her boots is missing (to make it even odder, there is an empty pair of shoes or boots on each step of the stairs.) The first episode may also show a shoe loss by the young female lead, but it's hard to say. The episdoe begins with a picture of the two lying unconscios (after the events of the previos episode) being assisted by medical staff. It kind of looks like the girl is missing one of her loafers, but it's a far distance, brief shot and hard to tell.

Gatekeepers 21- In one of the episodes, a spirit girl (from the previos series) is blasted off the roof of an apartment bulding by an evil spirit, the blast that blows her off, (and ultimately kills her, also blasts off one of her loafers, and you get an extended one shoe scene as she falls down all those stories)

Inuyasha- Episodes 166-167 (the final two of the orginal series) have a scene where Kagome while holding one of her shoes complains that they are already worn out (there is then a scene of her putting said shoe back on) much later in the episode Kagome is grabbed from behind by a jewel possesed individual, and the same shoe falls off as she is pulled back at the very end, both her shoes are dissolved/ruined in demonic stomach acid and the final credits show her mom buying her a new pair (which are mentioned in the post credits). one of the very eraly episodes also has Kagome removing her shoes and socks before diving into a river to rescue a child. There is also a VERY funny fan picutre making the rounds of Kagome discovering that Inuyasha has stolen her shoe and in true dog fashion is chewing on ot (actually there are two of them, but one does not show Kagome below the shoulder).

Gunsmith Cats- The manga of this had a story plot where Minne used one of her "shoe bombs" (she packs the soles of her sneakers with C4) and is running around in one shoe for several pages until she uses the other one as well. The anime had a scene in one episode where Rally pulled off her shoes becuse the heel broke while she was trying to fight a Russian hitwoman.

This is just scatching the surface of the ones I know, but my hands are getting tired,o I'll sign off now.
12-31-2011 17:26 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Thanks for the contribution. If you find clips, please feel free to update your post with them. I'll keep an eye out for them too. If you have any info on the episodes these scenes took place, that'd be of great help as well.
12-31-2011 20:07 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Here are a few more (for some of these I do have links)

WEBCOMICS

Namesake- A Webcomic based loosesly on The Wizard of Oz, Alice in wonderland etc. In one of the early pages of the Prolog, Alice Liddel dissapears and we see one of her two tone button0up boots lying on the grass. A few pages later she returns (from Wonderland, presumably) and is indded missing one of her shoes

http://www.namesakecomic.com/2010/09/14/prologue-page-5/

http://www.namesakecomic.com/2010/09/16/prologue-page-6/

The Wizard of Oz
Since Dorothy's shoe loss is an actual part of the orgininal book, it's no surpising that there are a few here (what is suprising is that there are so few)
The Cinar cartoon version has 3 of them, (4 if you divide by episode).1st there is the scene where dorothy melts the Wicked witch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beTLS6t4L1Q&feature=related

Later when Dorothy return from Oz, one of the silver shoes falls off on the way, and dorthy has one shoe for some time (this bit actually spans from the end of the last "wizard" episode (18 I think) to the beginning of the first "Land" episode. Finally around episdoe 25 or so there is a brief scene after Dorothy and Tip have crossed a river, of Dorothy with one of her shoes off as she either pours water or shakes dust out of it.

A shoe loss is also shown in at least two of the Russian adaptations (the first may is actually an adataion of Volkov's "A wizard of Emerald Town, but since the difference between these two is a little compicated, lets just call this all Oz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SBNPDh0AhU&feature=related

I can't seem to find an online clip of the other one (a cartoon version) This is a clip from earlier in the show, so you will know what it looks like
http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8S41JQPUCQ&feature=related

There is also one in the Turkish Wizard of Oz movie, but again I do not know of any online clip of that (I've got a lot of these on DVD, but I have absoultey no skill at transferring to computer)
12-31-2011 23:23 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Thanks 4 all the contributions. Sorry but which episode of Betterman does the scientist lose her high heel?
12-31-2011 23:49 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Going by the descriptions on TV.com, I think it was episode 11, Nebula, but it's been a while. And the boot scene was in either episode 23 or 24 I think.
01-01-2012 00:30 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Thanks
01-01-2012 00:38 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

No prob

While book illustrations are prbably beyond the pervue of this site (at least I hope so, otherwise I might feel the need to scan my whole collection at that's 5-600 images a few of which I'm not sure I have the legal rights to reproduce), I need a little practice posting pics. So as a Test I present this Oz picture. This is from a Russian copy Illustrated by V. Chizikov. It's always been a favorite of mine since it falls into the "impossible loss" category (cases where the footwear in question is too high and or too well secured to actually trip out of it.) That slit is only visible in this particualr pic; in all other they are pull on boots

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 01-01-2012 01:43.

01-01-2012 01:41 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

And still more anime

Hana Yori Dango (Boys over flowers) Episode 42 feaures a scene where the lead throws her shoe at a boy for making what she deems an innaproprite comment. She they stamps off without it. And earlier episode (10 maybe? it began with a picture of a puppet show) had the main character losing her shoe while fleeing from a group of girls who were attacking her

Linebarrerls of Iron- Episode 10 (the Christmas one) A really funny one. Midway through the episode you see the three main characters (all dressed in santa hats red dresses and red thigh high boots and the middle one is only wearing one boot. In the next cutaway scene, you see why; for some reason she has hung her other boot and stocking on the Christmas tree!

Nana- Episode 11 One of the characters has one of her slide sandals fall offas she is running up some stairs

True Tears-episode 12 In a flashback a girl (wearing a yukata, slips one of her sandals off in an effort to get a boy to stop walking away from her)

Blood+ Episode 29 = After the male lead walks out of a meeting, one of the female characters follows him downstairs and throws her shoe at him to make him come back

Fairy Musketeer episode 23 A rather complicated take on Cinderella. The chracter discover a glass boot in the throat of a fish, when one character tires it on it causes her to dance until she dances right across the ocean. after some events, the bad guys cause the boot to demeterialize, leaving her in one shoe. However one of the other character remembered to bring the shoe she took off with them so she gets it back.

Wagya no Onarisama- Episode 18 (I think) a girl with puppets on her hands loses one of her boots while fighting a monster

Nagarasete Ariatou- Episode 23

Xam'd lost memories-episode 9 A girl loses one of her school shoes while running to make it to a hospital

Toradora, episode 23

Clannad After Story- Episode 23 A girl loses one of her loafers when a boy tackle hugs her from behind.

Addinally, I kept forgetting it, but there is one more addion to the Scooby Doo list, and it's actually Velma. At one point, Cartoon Network ran little clip like fillers called "Behind the Doo" on Boomerang. If you look carefully at the scenes of the whole of Mystery Inc on the couch (around 0:33), you note that Velma is either missing or dangling one of her shoes (she's on the very end of the couch and cut off, so it could be either). Below is the clearest one I could find (the segment on the Villians had an even clearer one, since their is brief closeup of Scooby (who is just below Velma) but there seems no clear one of that on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrsYtjS0pCw&feature=related

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 01-01-2012 07:00.

01-01-2012 06:17 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
sffan sffan is a male

Nice finds,Nopperabo. Welcome to the boards
01-01-2012 18:15 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

And yet more (now that Ive had a night to rest and clear my head

Tiny Toon Adventures - in the segment "Whale's tales" Elmyra take a baby whale home as a pet. While rescuing it, Babs and Buster explain to Elmyra extactly what happens to whales in the cosmetic industry. This causes her to fain and flip over in her chair. One of her Mary Jane's flies off her foot and then lands back dangle on her toe, from wich if falls off a few seconds later (9:54)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgkCf97Pbas

Phineas and Ferb- There have been several shoe loss scenes in this cartoon so far, mostly involving Candace. The longest is probably in Interview with the Platypus, where Candace loses one of her shoes, when a poodle tosses flushes the toilet while she is washing it off there (after said dog peed on it) Candace is in one shoe for most of the rest of the episode (from about 5:09)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RInZAOCqM78

second In "The ballad of Badbeard" Candace loses both her shoes and socks while being towed behind a motoboat (though oddly first her sock and then her shoes return as the episdoe progresses) (4.4Cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PdvGUVTNfA

Third Canace is literarrly knocked out of her shoes and socks by a giant phone during the song "When will he call me?" (0:46)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBLgH1ujB8</a>

There is also a bit in "We call it Maze" where Candace removes one of her rollerblades so Isabella can use it to get them across a pit inside a giant maze tower. (9.24)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBLgH1ujB8

As well candace throws off her shoes in make play (6.41)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBLgH1ujB8

and this in "Lights, Canace action" (3:36)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2bBjO6rbqk

And in Swiss Family Phineas, Mrs. Flynn is missing one of her shoes after the boat crashes (3:20)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO2ECSUg7gA

None for Isabella as of yet, though given the "Ferb Latin" song recently, and some of the shipping implied, I'd say it's a distinct possibility in the realm of fanart eventually.

The Kids From room 402- I don't have any links of this but i remeber there were losses in two episodes. In one (where they go to an art museum) a foreign exchange student steps on the back of one of the girls shoes and causes her to step out of it. In another the same girl tries to make a mockup of an accident in order to convince her classmates that her (imaginary) boyfreind just saved a girl. The mockup includes a red mary jane, and the owner of the shoe show in mid explantion to get it back.

Johnny Test- In the episode "Johnny X Strikes back" (no youtube video sorry)
As part of his efforts to be helpful, Johnny gives Bling Bling Boy one of Susan's shoes when he cant get her to come up and see him, on the grounds that "I know how much you like her feet" later in the episode (after Dokey has been frozen and Johnny Kidnapped) we se susan in one shoe as she tries to find the other one (eventaulyl snatcing it back from Bling, bling boy when he show up to help them get Johnny back)

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends- There have been three shoe loss episodes in this, all in episodes involving Cheese. The best one is in the episode where cheese freaks out on the bus and runs all around town with Frankie is chasing him. Whne she finally gets back home, she is missing one of her sneakers. This episode and the very first one with Cheese in it also have appearances by Louise, (Cheese's creator who is as spastic as Cheese himself) who appear to be ALWAYS missing one of her shoes (her first line in the first time we see her is something along the lines of "yout soap smells like feet" possibly implying that she left her other sneaker in the bathroom. Finally one episode has Mac mom walking around in one high heel as she tries to find the other one (which Mac has actually hidden to give the imaginary friends time to sneak out)

The Fairly Oddparents- at the end of The epsode where we first meet Remy Bucksaplenty his mother is missing one shoe (along with his father) after all three of them are marooned on a desert island. Oddly she still is in the second episode, Remy recounts how he got off the Isalnd (it's odd becuse at that point they are both rich and business oriented again, so you think they'd have gotten new clothes). There is also a brief scene in Just the Two of Us where we see Trixie Tang on top of a pile of shoes, with one pump on.

George of the Jungle- In the episdoe Banannaquats, Usula gets knocked out of one of her sneakers by rampaging gorllias (8:0Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76JBchpJcSk&feature=relmfu

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 01-01-2012 19:14.

01-01-2012 19:10 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I found a link to the Linebarrel one.(7:50)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/linebarrels-o...verdrive-490726

Sorry about the ads.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 00:01.

01-01-2012 23:57 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Another one
The Girl Who Lept through time- Another Studio Ghibli Movie (like The Cat Returns, mentioned earlier in the list) The female lead loses one of her loafers while trying to slow down her bike, just before crashing (2:45)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DWctj8M-Mw&feature=related
waht makes this interesting is that, later when she has jumped back trough time someone else crashes, and he loses his shoe as well (8:53)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2U5DsU2XA&feature=related
01-02-2012 00:20 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I think in Spirited away the female lead says she lost her shoe in a backstory.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 00:27.

01-02-2012 00:26 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by omega
I think in Spirited away the female lead says she lost her shoe in a backstory.

She does, but while you do see the shoe in a flashback, you don't see her foot without it.
For the record the little girl loses one of her sandals during the bombing at the beggining of Grave of the Fireflies as well, but if you want a link of that, you have to find it yourself (I saw grave of the fireflies one, and never want to even get close to it again.)
01-02-2012 02:37 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I already knew about Grave of the Fireflies I completely understand why you wouldn't want to see that again.

I just found that Wagaya No Oinari Sama episode where the girl loses her boot. It's actually episode 9 not 18. She gets it back though.

http://www.nwanime.com/wagaya-no-oinaris...7d10d0e17df12c/

I'm not sure but I think in the anime movie Redline the green haired girl loses her boot.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 13:59.

01-02-2012 13:56 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Thanks, you just saved me a disc run !
I remembered one more Sailor moon one. There is an episode where the bag guy of the week disguises herself as a pair of glass slippers. When Usaigi tries one of them on, the bag guy reveals herself. Usagi is thrown back and you can see her in one shoe for a nanosecond (if you have slo motion playback) She inexpicably manages to get her other shoe back on by the next scene (based on this and the clip that was actually posted, I tend to assume Usagi's school shoes must be very stretcy, and those cross straps are elastic not leather.) Incidentally, I mangaged to get my hands on the carboard book version of this episode (I'm lucky enough to live in train distance of the NYC bookoff branch, the only one on the East Coast (and to have lived in driving distance of the other branch they had when they had it) so I have some acess to used Japanese books.) and in that rearranged version, Usagi is in one shoe until she actually changes.
I don't have any new video links (there are a few more discs I dug out of my room, but I'll have to do runs on them, and that will take a few hours) So here are a few of my favorite Danbooru images.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/79238/barasuishou-barefoot-boots-briefc
ase-closed_eyes-d

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/281639/-p-absurdres-animal_ears-cat_ear
s-cat_tail-erect_n

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/654549/bad_id-balancing-bangs-blunt_ban
gs-green_eyes-hime

This one of Rita Mordino is almost a hidden one. Since Rita's footwear is already totally mismatched, it's often hard to tell whether she is wearing her boots or her socks (a lot of fanarts assume that Rita's socks look just like her boots. It's a bit like Reuji Utsuo in Tohou, does it really count as a shoe if you can't take it off (sorta a variation of the arguments about if a plaster cast counts as a shoe).
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/436867

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/237285/bad_id-braid-brown_hair-carrying
-feet-glasses-gree

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/237284/ass-ass_grab-bad_id-blush-braid-
brown_hair-feet-gl

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/237282/bad_id-blush-braid-brown_hair-fa
lling-feet-glasses

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1046179/1girl-absurdres-alice_-wonderla
nd-alice_in_wonderl

This one just showed up a day or two ago; I think it's really funny
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1064228/1girl-apple_inc-arrietty-bag-ba
refoot-boots-brown_
01-02-2012 15:12 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Cool. I like the Arrietty one the most. I'd totally take the boot she took off and tease with it since she's so tiny. I found episode 11 of Betterman but the scientist doesn't lose her shoe.
01-02-2012 15:22 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH