bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

maybe it was episode 9 (aqua) then
01-02-2012 15:44 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oops it turns out it was episode 9 (aqua) (7:00 appx) (sorry the link seems to have no sound)

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/betterman-episode-9-english-dubbed
the other possible one I mentioned here (with the other girl) is at appx 0:34
01-02-2012 15:51 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Thanks. Two shoe losses in the same episode, I've never seen that before.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 16:06.

01-02-2012 16:01 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Sorry but I also checked episodes 22, 23 and 24. The scientist doesn't lose her boot in either of them.
01-02-2012 16:43 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

well, if you want to leave the realm of the Human (and are willing to tread the fringes of the whole "brony" area) one of the episodes of that new My Little Pony show, that I saw in passing while waiting for something else to come on had 4-5 of the entire central cast of 6 missiing one shoe by the end. That old Disney remake of Rodgers and Hammersteins Cinderella (the one with Brandy) has literally dozens of women in one shoe near the end of the movie, as, now that I think of it, does any movie or TV performance of The Pirates of Penzance. And if you go far enough down the list of Oz books to John R. Neills The Wonder City of Oz you have a whole city literally running around in one shoe for almost a month, though there are not illustrations showing this (well there may be one, but Niells drawing method is so scratchy by that point that you could not tell a shod from an unshod foot anyway.)

Speaking of anthropomophic animals

http://sugar.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=57
01-02-2012 16:56 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Thanks. Do you know that girl in the snafu comic is missing her shoe?

Thanks for all the finds maybe there's a shoe loss you can't remember that I can help find 4 u.
01-02-2012 17:14 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Thanks. Do you know that girl in the snafu comic is missing her shoe?

Thanks for all the finds maybe there's a shoe loss you can't remember that I can help find 4 u.

why do thick I picked THAT panel/!?!
01-02-2012 18:13 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Oh sorry I meant to say why is she's missing a shoe.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 18:28.

01-02-2012 18:23 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Oh sorry I meant to say why do you think she's missing a shoe.

Well, I like to think Robin (that's the fox's name) is being polite and not putting her dirty sole in Bo's face, but the real reason is that in the previos scenes they were actually naked (though towel covered) due to thier clothes having been soaked when the boat they were on tossed them in the water and are in the process of dressing. Robin has her other shoe back by the next panel.
Not that cute little fox grils really need shoes

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/717380/animal_ears-bi-nyo-comparison-fo
x-fox_ears-fox_tai

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 01-02-2012 18:33.

01-02-2012 18:30 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Do you prefer when a girl loses one shoe (like me) or both?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-02-2012 18:44.

01-02-2012 18:43 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

One, defintely. I'm as much a monosandalist as you.
01-02-2012 18:54 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
sffan sffan is a male

Registration Date: 12-21-2011

I personally prefer both shoes,but like the whole "Cinderella" thing as well.
01-02-2012 20:25 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Few more (I spent a hour goign through discs)

Negima episode 3 not a great one, but, in order to save her boyfrined the leading girl throws both of her shoes at a vampire

Comic party revoultion Episode 8 "The Princess of tennis" at around the 11:00 minute mark we see on of the girs with one sneaker on, as she dumps a huge mountain of tacks out of her other one (warning she has previosly stepped in said sneaker, so the bottom of her sock is bloody).

Stawberry marshmallow Three here near the end of episode 5 one of the girls cannot find her shoe in the shoe room. Episode 6 has one of the girls losing her sandal as she trips. and in episode 10 around the 6:00 mark, one of the girls takes her sneaker off and drops it in order to determine which way to go.

All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku-Nuku- Episode 5 I think (It's written episode-OV, and I have no idea how episodes in this show are numbered) One of a pair of assasin ends up in one pink high heel (as a result of being blown up) for about the last 5 minutes of the episode (as they spend this whole time trying to chase Nuku, it's a miralce we don't have a tripping scene).

Alice in Wonderland In Paris- A very old very cheap peice of linked story animationv(retelling the childrens books of Anatole, Madeline and the gypises, Many moons etc.) . In the last minute of the cartoon, alice tries to get out of Anatole's house via the mousehole as the magic mushroom wears off, and one of her flats pops off as she squeezes through. She then goes floating through the air in one shoe over the ending credits (to make things odder, when you see the closeup of Madeline it is obvios that she has put the shoe alice lost on her own foot (which it is much too big for.)
01-02-2012 20:43 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I found the Nuku Nuku one. It would have been nice if Nuku Nuku herself lost a shoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDA964qzsUs

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-03-2012 21:09.

01-03-2012 16:40 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

There's an old school anime called Bryger where the female lead get's one of her boots pulled off.(2:20)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re5tpTHsWQY&feature=related

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-03-2012 21:10.

01-03-2012 18:32 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I found the first episode where American maid throws her shoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO78AvcttQE&feature=related
01-03-2012 21:22 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Wizard of Oz (the Dic) version this time

A star is gone (probably the best) (2:30)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyPnwZf1cM

Upside Down Town (0:13)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yKHB7JulBM&feature=related

The Day the Music Died (5:02)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7bxeF_-s9w&feature=related

There are 3 or so others, but I have to go and check my discs for the episode numbers

and this is a version being read (I actually have this one in my collection, though in German) (7:22)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWQDqugbrOU&feature=related
01-05-2012 23:53 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Boo, none of those are playable on my cell phone. Evil . ...and by swapping discs, do you mean you actually have these on DVD or something?

01-06-2012 01:00 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

DVD, or VHS, or Video-CD (some of the foreign stuff) etc.
01-06-2012 02:36 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

We're not in Kansas anymore (8:42)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWz5vNlODMw&feature=related

The Lion that Squeaked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udQ8_W0Pzpc

And another anime

Rosario+Vampire
Episode 10
A really odd one. In the middle of a battle with a giant monster plant, in which one of the characters (whose powers include the ability to turn her nails into long slashing claws, gets trapped. She then has one of the other characters use thier magic wand to knock her shoe off, so she can extend her toenails into claws to slash herself free (18:2Cool (sorry the video buffers so badly, so you cant just fast forward)
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v63974038RdYxqYN?h1=Rosario+%2B+Vampire+Episode+1
0+English+Subbed

Gunslinger Girl
Episode 8, "Il Principe del Rego Della Pasta" (The Prince of the Kingdom of Pasta)
In a flashback, a little girl loses one of her sneakers after she is hit by a car (9:20)
http://www.hulu.com/watch/150277/gunslinger-girl-il-principe-del-regno-dell
a-pasta-the-prince-of-the-kingdom-of-pasta

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 01-07-2012 12:54.

01-06-2012 15:41 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH