bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (118): « first ... « previous 23 24 [25] 26 27 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's a real life shoe loss by a celebrity. Kirsten Dunst not too long ago lost a shoe along with a friend and accidentally took her friend's shoe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...osing-heel.html

Edit: More pictures of her in one shoe here.

http://www.justjared.com/2012/08/31/kirs...bootsy-bellows/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 09-04-2012 19:19.

09-04-2012 19:16 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow nice find I love the heels or I should say one of each.!!!!
09-04-2012 20:12 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

short, not the best quality, but nice to watch ...

model loosing high heel
09-05-2012 09:16 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
Originally posted by fantomaZ
short, not the best quality, but nice to watch ...

model loosing high heel

Nice!
09-05-2012 12:15 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Julia Gillard has lost her shoe three times. I don't think that I 've seen the same woman lose a shoe in the news as much as her.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election/t...0806-11oir.html

6-1226255744519" target="_blank">http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainmen...6-1226255744519

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/na...3-1226458837028

I love the new models but I've got a question to ask about the one based on Natalie Portman. What scene is the picture on her profile card supposed to be based on?
09-05-2012 13:43 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Julia Gillard has lost her shoe three times. I don't think that I 've seen the same woman lose a shoe in the news as much as her.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election/t...0806-11oir.html

6-1226255744519" target="_blank">http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainmen...6-1226255744519

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/na...3-1226458837028

I love the new models but I've got a question to ask about the one based on Natalie Portman. What scene is the picture on her profile card supposed to be based on?

Natalie Portman is still work in progress as she is not yet perfect. scene is from "V for Vendetta", an attempted rape from which she is rescued. in the original scene she is also wearing high heels but unfortunately doesn't loose her shoe ...
09-05-2012 13:54 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Some Japanese Oz Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I suddenly remembered somewhere where some of the Oz in my collection had been posted online, so I pulled out the relevant pages. Mandrake, these might be of particualr interest to you, as it appears that Yutaka Ono likes to give his Dorothy's tights (though whether they fit you defintion of sheer or not) is debatable)

The illustrator did one more version (actually he or she did two, but the fourth has no loss) but I havent found an online scan of that one yet (and scanning my copy would break the spine)

I also found one more(different illustrator)

and there's another besides this* (still yet another illustrator) but again, I haven't found an online scan. And the last one of the type I have again has no loss

*actually, my reasrches have led me to conclude that there is probably and eighth Wizard of this type as well, but as I have yet to even see a copy of it, I cannot comment on whether it has a loss or not (It largely depends on who did the illstrations)
09-06-2012 16:57 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Awesome pics there, Nop. And I can't believe that prime minister lost her shoe three times. The middle link doesn't work though.
09-07-2012 07:19 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

While cleaning my room over the weekend, I located a few dupicalte books, so I did a little scanning and here are a few of the other Japanese examples

First the three other oz I mentioned (in order I mentioned them)

and a few more

The Nutcracker

The Little Match Girl

The Elves and the Shoemaker

and a Cinderella

There are a few more (at least 2 more nutcrackers, 2 more cinderellas and another Little Match girl*) but at the moment I only have one copy of those books (and so can't risk damaging them by scanning) So I hope this does till I do.

* The other little match girl is sort of interesting as it is actually from the same book as the first one I posted above, so logically I should have been able to scan it. The problem is that, in that case, whether or not the picture is there is dependent on the edition as well as the book. There are two versions of the page. Older copies have the page following the one I scanned (which shows the little boy running away with the little match grils shoe) with the Little Match girl with the other shoe still one. In newer copies, the picture has been redrawn so that the Little Match Girs is completely barefoot, with the other shoe sitting in the snow (probably to more accurately match the story, where the shoe that wasn't stolen was run over by the cart) they spare copy is a current version, and I don't have an old one at this time.)
09-10-2012 14:33 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Great finds Nop! Thanks for taking the time out to upload the scans.
09-10-2012 17:20 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Sonic52
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-43.jpg

Registration Date: 07-29-2012

not really shoeloss but still dangling something nice to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-AhWR73pYo (00:36)
09-12-2012 00:04 Sonic52 is offline Send an Email to Sonic52 Search for Posts by Sonic52 Add Sonic52 to your Buddy List
Sonic52
Forum Ace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOIKHUPFH3Q&feature=g-user-f (6:59)
09-12-2012 00:13 Sonic52 is offline Send an Email to Sonic52 Search for Posts by Sonic52 Add Sonic52 to your Buddy List
Sonic52
Forum Ace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z6Qb4n2aw8&feature=g-user-f
im surprised this doesnt happen often in shows ike wipeout
09-12-2012 00:14 Sonic52 is offline Send an Email to Sonic52 Search for Posts by Sonic52 Add Sonic52 to your Buddy List
Sonic52
Forum Ace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMUXFCrspI&feature=g-user-f
(15:07) i should really put these all in one message
09-12-2012 00:19 Sonic52 is offline Send an Email to Sonic52 Search for Posts by Sonic52 Add Sonic52 to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo

There are a few more (at least 2 more nutcrackers, 2 more cinderellas and another Little Match girl*) but at the moment I only have one copy of those books (and so can't risk damaging them by scanning) So I hope this does till I do.

Maybe could You to make a photos of that illustrtations? I'm really curious of that, because in my country I can't get books with that beautiful pictures.

09-12-2012 07:52 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by hunter77721
quote:

Maybe could You to make a photos of that illustrtations? I'm really curious of that, because in my country I can't get books with that beautiful pictures.

No, my only camera that can take a digital photo is the one in my camera, and that has such poor resolution you wouldn't be able to see anything.

EDIT:
I took some careful slow work, but I managed to scan the most of the images without damaging the books (I couldnt find an older copy of the match girl). Just don't complain about the shading on the fist nutcracker image; to get a clearer picture, I would have had to literally tear the book in half. And hunter, this is IT for the moment, as I said, I don't have the time or ENERGY to scan ALL of my collection.

Cinderella

Nutcracker

and I found a Korean on my shelf while i was looking for the others
09-12-2012 13:06 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

London Boulevard 2010 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nice scene at the cemetary

fantomaZ has attached these images (downsized versions):
vlcsnap-00054.png vlcsnap-00055.png vlcsnap-00051.png
vlcsnap-00053.png vlcsnap-00056.png vlcsnap-00057.png

09-12-2012 20:05 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

On TV today (sorry, too new to have a link)

Sidekick, "Insane in the Cranial" Valerie kicks off her shoes and socks while suspended over a pit of aliiagators; so she can use her feet to tickle the rest of the group and make them fall. as is common in cartoons, she has them back by the next scene.
09-12-2012 21:54 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thanks for taking the time out to do all those scans, Nop. Some really nice pics there. That London Blvd. movie also looks great.
09-13-2012 02:51 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

quote:

(...) And hunter, this is IT for the moment, as I said, I don't have the time or ENERGY to scan ALL of my collection.

You put here a GREAT collection of wondrful pics. Thank You for it!

09-13-2012 06:47 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Pages (118): « first ... « previous 23 24 [25] 26 27 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH