bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (118): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think that there's another episode where she and another woman are put in a situation like that to escape.

Burst Angel: There's no shoe loss from what I remember in the anime but on the box art of the dvd case Meg is missing her boot for no particular reason except maybe for fanservice.

http://www.ed-wood.net/burst-angel.jpg

Jojo Bizarre Adventure Part 7:Steel Ball Run: Is this long running shonen/seinen series there are probably more shoe losses than I thought in chapter 62 Lucy Steel removes her boots to escape from President Funny Valentine.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 02-09-2012 17:16.

02-09-2012 17:15 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by omega
I think that there's another episode where she and another woman are put in a situation like that to escape.

Burst Angel: There's no shoe loss from what I remember in the anime but on the box art of the dvd case Meg is missing her boot for no particular reason except maybe for fanservice.

http://www.ed-wood.net/burst-angel.jpg

For a while, I sort of assumed that they might make the 1 booted Meg into an anime model (hey they did it with one of the Hanekawa Tsubasa 1 shoe images), but as of yet, to my knoweldge, no such figure exists.)

This brings me to a rather odd one. It concerns the short run anime, Haunted Junction, which I always had had a soft spot for, if for no other reason than it is thebest example I know of to point to when describing a Shouta complex (the female version of a Lolita Complex). There are no shoe losses in the actual anime, though one of the ghosts, Toilet Hanakao, goes around shoeless something like 95% of the time, with no real explananation of exactly why, given that she is otherwise wearing a perfectly full (if a little tight) school uniform, she isn't wearing any shoes (my personal guess is as follows; the character description that comes along with the show if you buy the complete series is says that she died "tragically" What I interpret this to mean is that she comitted suicide, probably by jumping and like any polite Japanese girl, she took her shoes off before climbing over the railing, so as to not mess it up (I've seen that done in a LOT of animes) However the ending theme song contains the verse "The sun was warm, but part of me still wanted to be unsure, so I took off just one of my shoes" A little later while trolling along the internet I discovered that 1. they made an anime mode of Mustuki; the lead female character (though based on her apperance in the comic not the anime) and 2. they made it as a 1 shoe model (a tribute to the ending song?) I mamaged to find a link to a picture of the standard blue model, there is also a limtied edion red model (which also reverses the color of the shoes and socks)'
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/item_archive/items/Mutsuki_16_Scale_Statu
e.asp
02-09-2012 22:26 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Cool, nice find. I wonder if there are any pics of other cosplayers in Disneyland like that, I'm a little surprised there isn't at least one pic of a one-shoed Cinderella or Jane cosplayer in Disneyland.

I think there actually might be some legal impediments to that happening (or at least, on it happening on purpose). As clean as Disneyland/World is, it's still not a place one would want to walk around unshod or even partially unshod through, too many stones, too much risk of broken glass on the ground. And I'm fairly sure that injuries caused by stepping on broken glass in an amusement part due to the fact that your employers require your foot/feet to unshod is legal grounds for suing and serios severence pay. It's pertty much the same basis as to the fact that a lot of children's schools.community groups who have Haloween parades or Mother Goose Pagent's (popular in a lot of the British world) specifically prohibit students dressing up as Little Betty Blue (or at least, Little Betty Blue in a one shod state) The risk of a girl stepping on a sharp stone or broken bottle is more than their liability insurance can cover. In the Disney case, you also have to factor in the fact that both Cinderella and Jane Porter have costumes that involve high heels. Walking around in one high heel for a short period can cause a significant amount of heel strain; doing it on a regular long term basis would likey result in permanent (and again, sueable) muscle damage. In point of fact, they cut the boot loss scene out of the Broadway version of Tarzan possibly for this reason ( a friend of mine who worked in theatre told me that, in a lot of productions that do involve some degree of one heel coreography (Pirates of Penzance, She Loves Me, Thouroghly Modern Mille etc.) where which shoe is not specified the cast is encouraged to rotate which shoe they have on from performace to performace, to keep strain on each calf muscle roughly equal.)

Okay one more
Miyuki Chan in Wonderland.
[URL=http://gargarstegosaurus.wordpress.com/2008/05/31/anime-and-escapism-d
own-the-rabbit-hole/[/URL]
While there are no shoe losses/single shoe pics in the anime movie itself, there are a lot of them (4-5) in the Clamp manga comic it was based on. The English language manga book sized one has most of them, one should seek out the original Japanese Grpahic Novel sized one for two reasons 1. Unlike the book versionm that version has a lot of the pictures in Color and 2. probably the best shoe loss picture (of Miyuki falling through the sky, losing one of her penny loafers in the process) is not present in the English version.
02-10-2012 23:18 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Yeah your right. Even if you take away the legal issues and the risk of injuries I doubt that they'll have their employees working in one shoe but I wonder if a Cinderella cosplayer is allowed to take off one shoe if there asked to do this for a photo. I've checked on the internet and there are few one shoed cosplayer cinderella pics and only one one booted Jane pic.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 02-11-2012 00:27.

02-11-2012 00:22 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Yeah your right. Even if you take away the legal issues and the risk of injuries I doubt that they'll have their employees working in one shoe but I wonder if a Cinderella cosplayer is allowed to take off one shoe if there asked to do this for a photo. I've checked on the internet and there are few one shoed cosplayer cinderella pics and only one one booted Jane pic.

Cinderella I don't know, but as for a Jane (assuming there are any wandering cosplayers) depending on how accurate the costume is, it may actually be impossible. Jane wears high button shoes, and those thing are a *&^%$#( to put on at take off. For one thing, you need a buttonhook to do or undo them (if you look carefully at the scene in the actual movie, before Jane's boot falls off, the baboon has to claw the buttons open (or off) as long as those buttons are closed those boots will NEVER come off (back then, it was fasionable to have feet as small as possible, so those boots were worn TIGHT.) Most modern players use "fake out" models (where the buttons are non-functional, and there are hidden zippers to actually open and close the boots) since buttonhooks are no longer made. And cosplayers usually put fake white tops on plain brown pull on and off boots. But Disney may acutally be anal enough to have hooks custom made and require their performers to wear accurate ones (Disney became semil infamous a while back for requiring their performers to even wear special underwear with thier costumes, and not being too careful about keeping them hygenically laundered.)
BTW someone pointed out something funny to me to me once with regards to Jane's boots in the movie. If you look closely in the scene where she is pushing against the tree (just before the rainstorm) the brown part of her remaining boot pops off of the white part, as if it is an ordinary pump (evidently one of the animators was unfamiliar with high button shoes, and did not realize that the brown and white pieces are permanently attached.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 02-11-2012 04:19.

02-11-2012 02:28 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
quote:

Cinderella I don't know, but as for a Jane (assuming there are any wandering cosplayers) depending on how accurate the costume is, it may actually be impossible. Jane wears high button shoes, and those thing are a *&^%$#( to put on at take off. For one thing, you need a buttonhook to do or undo them (if you look carefully at the scene in the actual movie, before Jane's boot falls off, the baboon has to claw the buttons open (or off) as long as those buttons are closed those boots will NEVER come off (back then, it was fasionable to have feet as small as possible, so those boots were worn TIGHT.) Most modern players use "fake out" models (where the buttons are non-functional, and there are hidden zippers to actually open and close the boots) since buttonhooks are no longer made. And cosplayers usually put fake white tops on plain brown pull on and off boots. But Disney may acutally be anal enough to have hooks custom made and require their performers to wear accurate ones (Disney became semil infamous a while back for requiring their performers to even wear special underwear with thier costumes, and not being too careful about keeping them hygenically laundered.)
BTW someone pointed out something funny to me to me once with regards to Jane's boots in the movie. If you look closely in the scene where she is pushing against the tree (just before the rainstorm) the brown part of her remaining boot pops off of the white part, as if it is an ordinary pump (evidently one of the animators was unfamiliar with high button shoes, and did not realize that the brown and white pieces are permanently attached.

I remember seeing that and being quite confused. Is she wearing pumps or boots? Hahah, needless to say that boot loss scene had me watching her feet rather intently.
02-11-2012 15:21 Mandrake is online Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

Am I the only guy who wanted her to spend most of the movie in one boot. She seemed so focused on the apes and Tarzan at the time I think she wouldn't have removed it. I know that there'll never be a movie where the female lead is in one shoe for the whole film.

Though I did find a few short films where the female is in one shoe throughout the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pcDnGN7b9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcfTpNGRh_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJGGTfgkzc0&feature=related

http://vimeo.com/32154037

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYZq8rcS_Yc
02-11-2012 15:56 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Am I the only guy who wanted her to spend most of the movie in one boot. She seemed so focused on the apes and Tarzan at the time I think she wouldn't have removed it.

As focused as she was on the gorillas and Tarzan, since she was not with him 24/7, I'm pretty sure she would have anyway. Remember what I said, walking around in one heel is hard. In fact I think the little incident with the baboons is what in the movie makes her come to realize how impractical the clothes she was wearing are for the jungle. Remember in for most of the rest of the movie she is not only barefoot (and remember this (at least in the Disney version) is the Victorian Era, a lady walking around barefoot in public would be roughly equivalent to one walking around topless in ours) but dressed in what, in the Victorian era would be considered her underwear. And Jane is shown to not let dictates of fashion get in the way of practical neccecity (In an episode of one of the TV series she tears the skirts off her dress and breaks the heels off her boots (as well as doing the same to her friends, in order to make it easier to walk)) Actually, probably the real supriise in the movie is that, when she does get dressed up again, she happend to have broght a second pair of boots with her that are identical to the first ones (remember the little monkey still has the one she lost)
02-11-2012 17:15 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Samurai Champloo Fuu loses her geta sandal in episode 17. There are shots of her with one shoe on and one off but we do get to see her in one shoe when she hits Mugen with the other in that episode with the blind performer named Hana. Also in the end of the very fist episode she loses her geta. We see her running away with the other two main characters from angry samurai then she trips and the thread of her sandal breaks. It's kind of vague of what happened to her sandal Mugen and Jin could've stopped to kill the samurai and then pick the sandal to get it repaired or maybe they just left her shoe behind, I wish knew what happened after that. There are ton's of other times that Fuu could've lost one of her geta sandals, she get kidnapped so much and she's put in situation where she has to run away from adversaries. The was one episode that really stuck out to me for where she could've lost her shoe again she was running away from zombies (yes there are zombies in this show) the animation on the shoes where making me half expect to lose one while running.

Lollipop Chainsaw In another thing relating to zombies, it seems that the protagonist Juliet Starling might take off her shoe to launch her boyfriend who's decapitated head in the game. I'm not 100 percent sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9tAjBIdKE

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 02-12-2012 22:47.

02-11-2012 22:28 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Underdog I'm going purely on memory here, but when I was a kid, I distinctly remeber seeing a picture (an animation cel?) of Polly Purebred flying thorugh the air in Underdog's arms, and one of her pumps had fallen off.
02-14-2012 04:26 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Yep, I see that cell, too. Never saw an actual episode of the series, so it might have happened; not sure.

quote:
Originally posted by omegaLollipop Chainsaw In another thing relating to zombies, it seems that the protagonist Juliet Starling might take off her shoe to launch her boyfriend who's decapitated head in the game. I'm not 100 percent sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9tAjBIdKE

Nope, she just kicks him.

02-14-2012 04:31 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by potk
Yep, I see that cell, too. Never saw an actual episode of the series, so it might have happened; not sure.

The fact that you too have seen the cell probably means it was produced as an art print, since, unless you live(or lived) WAAY closer to me than I think you do, the copy you saw and the copy I saw would almost assuredly have to be two different copies, and while an actual animated series would probably have made 100-150 or so to cover such a scene (carttons usually run at 12 frames per second, and a scene like that would probably last 2-3 seconds) the odds of more than a few surviving (even give the number of times Underdog was re-cut for syndication, which means they had all of the stuff on file somewhere)for a minor scene.
02-14-2012 14:43 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

quote:
quote:

The fact that you too have seen the cell probably means it was produced as an art print, since, unless you live(or lived) WAAY closer to me than I think you do, the copy you saw and the copy I saw would almost assuredly have to be two different copies, and while an actual animated series would probably have made 100-150 or so to cover such a scene (carttons usually run at 12 frames per second, and a scene like that would probably last 2-3 seconds) the odds of more than a few surviving (even give the number of times Underdog was re-cut for syndication, which means they had all of the stuff on file somewhere)for a minor scene.

Nope, I saw it on Google.

02-14-2012 16:39 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope, I saw it on Google.

Odd I seem to reacall the one I saw was a little different
02-14-2012 17:48 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I just thought of something how did that alien dog manage to steal Starfire's boot in the first place in that Teen Titan episode "Every Dog Has It's Day"

Now here's my contribution for this list today.

The Pink Lodge I just found this cool new webcomic series today. This guy basically did a plot I've been wanting to do but much better. The plot is about this fetishist who manages to kidnap female characters from fighting games mostly SNK and puts them in a game where they have to find the exit without losing their shoes. You have to login to see this on deviantart though. Who knows maybe some girls on your wish could appear here and lose a shoe.

http://carlosfonteira.deviantart.com/art...art-1-285126827

http://carlosfonteira.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4pr9vd

http://carlosfonteira.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4prae9

http://carlosfonteira.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4praya

http://carlosfonteira.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4prc0w

http://carlosfonteira.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4prd4h

http://carlosfonteira.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4prdnv

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 02-16-2012 18:30.

02-16-2012 18:29 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Yeah, I saw those too; they were in Mandrake's Favorites Gallery on DeviantArt, along with others.

02-16-2012 18:30 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
I just thought of something how did that alien dog manage to steal Starfire's boot in the first place in that Teen Titan episode "Every Dog Has It's Day"

Presumably, it knocked her down and pulled it off before she could stop it.

What I never figured out was why she needed to hop. At the time , she thought it was Beast boy, so she would have no reason not to fly. It's true that Starfire's powers(inculding flight) are emotion driven, but it Star is so sensitive that even the fear that she had offended Beast Boy was enough to make flight impossible, she'd be permanently grounded. And if the idea is that somehow Starfire's flight ability is in her boots (like, the soles have antigravity platforms) then how could she have flown in the episdoe with the cruise ship, when she was wearing pumps (actually that episdoe has a second question, how could Robin and starfie have had the normal shoes when they tore off their formal wear. their clothes they could have had on under their formals, but both of them have shoes that would be too big (not to mention that in starfires case, since she was wearing pumps, we could see the tops of her feet and her legs, so she couldn't have been hiding her boots)
Speaking of TT and footwear, I realized there is a sort of missing shoe removal scene, that is, one that logically shoud be there, but isn't. It's near the end of the episode on the alien planet, where we see raven surrounded by the little creatures that seem to be worhipping her, one of whom appears to be giving her a foot massage. Who gets a foot massage with thier shoes on? Even given the possibly thin nature of Raven's footwear (I've always sort of assumed that, given thier appearance, Raven's boots are in the Medeival mode of shoe design, where shoes are more like leather socks without seperate soles and heels) that seems like a waste of time. Unless it isn't a foot massage and what it looks like is the truth; that one of the creatures is so in love with her it is dry humping her boot!
Tencically Starfiers boots should be ruined when she gets out of the crysalis as well.
02-16-2012 20:45 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Speaking of Starfire's boot being ruined when she finds boot it all slobbery but she puts it back on just like that, I'm a little surprised that the dog didn't bury underground. It's like when Raven 's boot gets stuck in Beast Boys mouth she doesn't seem the least disgusted by that. I wonder how long Starfire spent in one boot while looking for Beast Boy It would have been funny watching her hoping around the city in one boot, Iswear she gets the least screen time devoted to her in fact she's the only character who hasn't got a season devoted to her. I wonder if Starfire or Raven have lost a boot before?
02-16-2012 21:01 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Speaking of Starfire's boot being ruined when she finds boot it all slobbery but she puts it back on just like that, I'm a little surprised that the dog didn't bury underground. It's like when Raven 's boot gets stuck in Beast Boys mouth she doesn't seem the least disgusted by that. I wonder how long Starfire spent in one boot while looking for Beast Boy It would have been funny watching her hoping around the city in one boot, Iswear she gets the least screen time devoted to her in fact she's the only character who hasn't got a season devoted to her. I wonder if Starfire or Raven have lost a boot before?

Well, she herself had just been in his mouth; I can't imagine she could have found her boot any more disgusting than she herself was at that point. I tedn to think the starfier chase was brief; she was in the partk when she was chasing the dog, and she was still in the part when she found her boot (not to mention hopping like that for a long time would be tiring) As for burying it it may have been too soon. And as for putting it back on 1. She was in a hurry and 2. It may have only been slobbery on the outside (if the dog dropped it the inside may be totally dry) Starfier boots look like rubber or vinyl, not leather(you note she still wore them in the snow in Russia so they are presumably waterproof and therfore slobber proof if not chewed on). Ditto raven, if she lost her boot being ejected from BB's mouth it may not have had time to get wet inside.
02-16-2012 22:03 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
Yeah, I saw those too; they were in Mandrake's Favorites Gallery on DeviantArt, along with others.

Yeah, I realize now I should have posted it here. Glad you beat me to it Smile .

You should check out his other series too, they all involve shoe loess but this one seems to focus on it.
02-16-2012 22:18 Mandrake is online Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Pages (118): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH