bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 56 57 [58] 59 60 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Some of these I don't have links for, but I do have animated gifs.

Fantomcat: In the finale for the first season, Web of Doom, Tabs loses her shoe after nearly escaping a web trap. In another episode, Tabs loses both her shoes to a vacuum cleaner trap.

Her Majesty: Elizabeth loses a shoe in the mud after trying to sneak away from Hira's house.

Being Ian: Ian's mom loses her shoe when Ian's dad tries to pull her away from a ladder.

07-14-2014 18:35 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Agreed, Good work potk. I am particularly surprised about the Little Princess one; never occurred to me to look in that series. I guess from now on I'll have to keep my eye peeled whenever books from that series show up at Bookoff to see if any of them cover that episode (probably not, but since it looks like they sometimes did board books of selected episodes, I suppose it is theoretically possible.
Incidentally, if the site you found that has some of the rest of the Classic based Anime of that period (my computer is a little old to run that site smoothly, so I can't look myself. There are a couple other ones I remember Sorry I can't provide precise episodes or times but I saw most of these on Japanese VHS, so most either long since sold, broken, or somewhere I can't find them (I suspect some are buried behind the mountain of stuff Mom brought back from Grandma's house, so not retrievable until Mom gets around to sorting that stuff out and moving it (i.e. never))

Heidi, Girl of the Alps- There are two or three shoe losses/removals I remember in this series. In the very first episode there is a scene where the newly arrived Heidi takes off her boots (along with her socks and pretty much all of the rest of her clothing so she can run around the alpine meadows in her underwear. Much later in the series when Clara is in the Alps visiting Heidi and Grandfather is trying to help her learn to walk there is a scene where she and Heidi are rolling around in the grass and Clara is in her stockings (it's hard to noticed because Clara in this version normally wears white boots over her white stockings, so telling whether she has them on or off is really only defined by whether the animators have drawn the line that separates the two (or, for side shots the black buttons up the sides). Finally a few episodes later there is a bit where The rest of the Sessman family is also up in the Alps visiting. At one point, Frau Rottenmeir kicks a stone in pique and her shoe goes along with it,

Akage no An/Anne of Green Gables-In one of the early episodes when Anne has just gotten to Green Gables there is a scene of her taking off her boots as she gets ready for bed. The assembly mini kits from there series also include one model of Anne with her boots off looking out a window, and one of her in the middle of changing her boots for a pair of blue mary jane type shoes for a dance

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - near the end of this series, in the episode where Tom and Becky are lost in the caves, their is a brief shot of Becky sitting on a rock why tome goes to scout ahead, and for some reason she has removed her brown mary janes
07-15-2014 22:56 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Bratz: Rock Angelz (3:31): Chloe walks out of one of her shoes while walking depressed through London.

Woman of Fire: A woman's shoe slips off of her foot and flows down the sewer drain as she sits in the street.

07-16-2014 16:21 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Cover of a book I just bought
07-17-2014 14:48 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...ing-Gigolo.html
07-17-2014 15:36 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Octopus Books Pop-up Wizard of Oz

07-18-2014 00:37 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

another perpetual one shoe character

The Anime No Game No Life contains a character named Jibril, a member of a semi angelic race called the Fluegel. Jibril wears very asymmetrical coverings on her legs which include perpetual single shoeness. she wears a knee high striped stocking and a short brown boot on her right leg, while her left has a white/lavender thigh high stocking and no boot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jibril&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=b03QU63
2D8-MyATs34HoBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1455&bih=691
07-24-2014 01:05 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
another perpetual one shoe character

The Anime No Game No Life contains a character named Jibril, a member of a semi angelic race called the Fluegel. Jibril wears very asymmetrical coverings on her legs which include perpetual single shoeness. she wears a knee high striped stocking and a short brown boot on her right leg, while her left has a white/lavender thigh high stocking and no boot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jibril&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=b03QU63
2D8-MyATs34HoBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1455&bih=691

Interesting. I wonder why...
07-25-2014 07:43 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Probably some sort of odd fasion choice. The Character backstory metions her betting everything (including herself) on a game (and losing, which is why she is now the main character's servant) but since it says everything at once, I can't imagine her betting her other boot previos to this and losing (also, barring some character in the show having a foot or shoe fetish (and there is, to my knowledge no evidence of that) who would make or accept a bet of a single boot (though it does give new meaining to the term "you bet your boots"))and why she wouldn't simply get a new pair. You can use your own imagination. As a perpetually flying character, she really doesn't need shoes after all; not in the sense us earthbound people do.
The best parallel I can give is from a farily short anime I've seen called Haunted Junction This show has no single shoe scenes in it's actual show though ironically 1. The end song for the show includes the line "the day was warm, but part of me still wanted to be unsure, so I took off just one of my shoes" and 2. There IS a one shoe anime MODEL related to the series, based on the Comic book version of the female lead Mutsuki, who is a lot younger and less creepy (the one in the anime has a near terminal case of a shouta complex (basically the female version of a Lolita complex))
But the point I was trying to make is this. In this anime, there is a character called Miss Toilet Hanako who is a rather curvaceous female ghost who haunts one of the boy's bathrooms in the school (no, I'm not going to try explain why, it's really complicated. Just leave it at nearly all ghosts in the show are based on actual Japanese ghost superstitions and there really IS such a thing in thier culture as toilet ghosts (several versions, in fact))
In appearance, Hanako appears as a teenage girl in a full ( if rather tight) school uniform (though not exactly the same one as the students of the school wear now, indicating it may be an older version)
except for the fact she is shoeless. She wears long black stockings (very sheer, Mandrake you'd probably like the depiction a lot g>) but no shoes (not even the white cloth "school" shoes a jot of Japanese students wear inside the school building.)
No one comments on why she doesn't (probably becuse her other "assets" are much more on thier mind) My personal guess is as follows. The character description notes for Hanako say she is the ghost of a schoolgirl who died "tragically". I usually interpret this to mean she comitted suicide. So maybe she jumped off the school roof, which would explain the shoelessness. In Japan, where manners come into everything, it is considered good form to take your shoes off before jumping off the edge of sometihng, so you don't get the edge dirty (I swear I'm not making this up). The ONE time in the whole series we see Hanako wearing shoes is when she is modeling during a costume contest (she has on shoes similar to "school shoes", except they appear to have small heels (school shoes are usually completely flat on the bottom).
In any case here's a link to another WOZ theater shoe loss clip (5:50 on)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yynSjuK-MwU
07-25-2014 15:37 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Some webfindings:
A picture from LIFE magazine (194Cool :
Stenographer
Hatsune Miku poster:
http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2009-06-03-168055.jpeg
and picture from the rainstorm:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/corinalin/...s-93103712@N02/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 07-27-2014 13:50.

07-27-2014 13:50 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Three more

The Amazing World of Gumball, "The Gripes"

Penny's mom takes off her boots in order to give them to Gumball and Darwin, who she thinks are homeless and begging, along with all her money, her wedding ring and her kidney (2:32)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR-K_h4YJ0U

Gravity Falls None in the show so far (at least, no female ones) But there are TWO in the shorts. In the "Dipper's guide to the Unexplained: The Mailbox" Mable is missing one of her shoes after the mailbox self destructs (1:55)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-0OMdOtiW8

And in "Mable's Guide to: Art" Mable is missing one shoe and sock after trying to paint some cats (2:04)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLOerTBYVMA

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 07-28-2014 15:05.

07-28-2014 15:04 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
tealc176 tealc176 is a male
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-38.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2012

@hunter that last one was a single flipflop picture and doesn't count really.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tealc176: 07-29-2014 09:26.

07-29-2014 09:26 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Err yeah it does. One of the first posts I did when I technically started list was of a girl losing her sandal from The American Dragon. This list doesn't really have any rules apart from focusing on female feet and shoes.
07-29-2014 10:24 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
tealc176 tealc176 is a male
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-38.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2012

I see but to me flip flops aren't a shoe.

07-29-2014 10:45 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Administrator

I agree, but to each their own I guess.

Not really shoe loss either but here's a nice find:

The band Lucius has a couple of lead singers who always take their shoes off on stage and sing in their stocking feet. Here's some videos.

http://youtu.be/bkBR32izj9k
http://youtu.be/kKH0-dV4n9k
http://youtu.be/4QSF8bgqgC4

More on topic here's a the film Whip It with Elaine Paige in some cute purple pantyhose and loose fitting boots. She her boots while swimming.

http://youtu.be/u1-2pcp-krc

And Here's a nice subway tickling. Love when her shoes get pulled off. http://youtu.be/T_a1Kx4-bjk

Also a pic of Melfina losing her shoes from Magic spell (from Deviantart)

Mandrake has attached these images (downsized versions):
 melfina__shoes_come_off_colored_by_ninja
kingofhearts-d7rsks6.jpg  10577171_836685159674833_420059787224227
8326_n.jpg  10463828_10152580719079417_3812778862946
513748_o.jpg
451789144.jpg

07-30-2014 09:46 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

Jen Psaki is wearing one boot to the daily press briefing. No explanation.
http://bcove.me/b8s7kqez

07-30-2014 11:35 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Kindred

images/avatars/avatar-3.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2011

She might have one of these on...

http://www.betterbraces.com/procare-xceltra-air-tall
07-31-2014 01:41 Kindred is offline Send an Email to Kindred Search for Posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo

Heidi, Girl of the Alps- There are two or three shoe losses/removals I remember in this series. In the very first episode there is a scene where the newly arrived Heidi takes off her boots (along with her socks and pretty much all of the rest of her clothing so she can run around the alpine meadows in her underwear. Much later in the series when Clara is in the Alps visiting Heidi and Grandfather is trying to help her learn to walk there is a scene where she and Heidi are rolling around in the grass and Clara is in her stockings (it's hard to noticed because Clara in this version normally wears white boots over her white stockings, so telling whether she has them on or off is really only defined by whether the animators have drawn the line that separates the two (or, for side shots the black buttons up the sides). Finally a few episodes later there is a bit where The rest of the Sessman family is also up in the Alps visiting. At one point, Frau Rottenmeir kicks a stone in pique and her shoe goes along with it,

Akage no An/Anne of Green Gables-In one of the early episodes when Anne has just gotten to Green Gables there is a scene of her taking off her boots as she gets ready for bed. The assembly mini kits from there series also include one model of Anne with her boots off looking out a window, and one of her in the middle of changing her boots for a pair of blue mary jane type shoes for a dance

For Heidi shoe loss it was in episode 43 (17:00)

animesstream.net/watch-episode/109097-alps-no-shoujo-heidi-episode-43
http://animefeet.wikia.com/wiki/Anne_Shi...ile=Anne1-8.png
And Anne of Green Gable has a shoe throwing scene in another series

omega has attached these images (downsized versions):
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 07-31-2014 21:45.

07-31-2014 21:44 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

That one is the PBS one. But thanks for the link on that one, Forgot about it. That version actually has a second one in the episode about the marbles. Hetty King pulls her new boots off and waves them in her friends faces because they are so absorbed in the marble game they aren't noticing them

edit: it's season 1: episode 20

There's also a shoe loss in the live action Road to Avonlea series. In season 2 episode 1, Sara is kidnapped by some fake Gypsies, who tie her up and throw her in the back of a wagon. Sara notices there is a hole in the bottom of the wagon, and kicks one of her shoes off through it to leave a trail for anyone going after her to find. Unfortunately is isn't as good as it could be. her other foot is not in any of the shots, and later when Matthew catches up with the wagon (only to beshotand tied up himself0) Sara has both shoes again (Matthew picked up the one her found and took it with him, so presumably the kidnapped got if off him put it back on her for some reason.)
[URL=http://www.veoh.com/watch/v15383042gYeCpRbr?h1=RTA+201+-+Sara's+Homeco
ming]http://www.veoh.com/watch/v15383042gYeCpRbr?h1=RTA+201+-+Sara's+Homeco
ming[/URL] (around32:00)

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 08-01-2014 02:22.

08-01-2014 00:43 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Some nice finds there.
08-01-2014 06:31 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 56 57 [58] 59 60 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH