bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » E-Comics » Review: Tales of a Serial Shoe Stealer: Ep 1-3 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Review: Tales of a Serial Shoe Stealer: Ep 1-3
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Text Review: Tales of a Serial Shoe Stealer: Ep 1-3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS OF THE "TALES OF A SERIAL SHOE STEALER" 3 EPISODE BUNDLE.

Hello, my name is potk, and I have recently purchased the “Tales of a Serial Shoe Stealer†3-Episode bundles. Originally I didn’t really know what I was getting into, but after reading the first 3 episodes, which contain not only great models but a great translation by Mandrake, I was actually very pleased with my purchase, although there may be some things I’d liked to see in them that could make them even more entertaining.

The first thing I’d like to see is more creative/complex scenarios for the victims. Episode one was a pretty straightforward “grab it and go†affair with Elaine. Episodes 2 and 3 were more complex with Mei-Lin being an undercover cop leading to the sweet irony in the ending, and Sophie and Regina being bullies, which made the S.S.S look somewhat like an anti-hero, which was actually pretty cool. For instance: An actress is performing on stage and is getting ready for her encore, whilst the S.S.S is hiding under a set piece, only to nab her shoe as she’d performing leaving her to perform with only one shoe for the rest of the play, or a doctor’s assistant carrying a box of medical supplies up a set o stairs for the S.S.S to come across and steal her shoe, leaving her stranded in the middle of the staircase. I’d also like to see the S.S.S. go after more of your unique models such as Magdelena the nun and the cop from “Cinderella Cop Gamesâ€, giving you more creativity to work with.

Another thing would be more expressive victims. Although Elaine’s story was the simplest, she was the most expressive model of the trilogy, mostly because we actually saw her face the mot. Mei-Lin was less expressive, only really giving us that cute expression she made as she sat drowsily in one shoe on the bench. We only see Sophie and Regina’s faces at the end of the third episode, and all they really did was look at each other.

My biggest issue with these comics would probably have to be the length of each one. It’s not an issue of not getting my money’s worth (far from it actually), it’s just that they seem to end right when I’m truly enjoying it. Fortunately, these problems seem to be addressed with Episode 4, with four extra pages, a more unique scenario, and more screen time with the victim.

Out of all the models, Mei-Lin has to be my personal favorite, due to her footwear and her absolutely cute expression she made after waking up on the bench in only one shoe. All-in-all, anyone thinking of buying these definitely should, and I definitely insist in buying the next episodes when they release. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by potk: 01-27-2012 21:58.

06-24-2011 21:16 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thank you for this detailed review Smile

you are right about the missing story depth in this series. I wanted to try out if a concept focusing on shoe stealing alone rather than tickling would work before creating a full e-comic of this kind which of course has all the story depth you'd like to see but is a lot more work for me. it's by far not selling as good as the tickling e-comics but I think it's enough to give it a try with a small or medium sized full e-comic soon ...

the ideas you posted are very nice and are very likely to be used for the next episodes Smile

greetz fantomaZ
06-25-2011 09:27 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by potk
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fantomaZ
thank you for this detailed review Smile

you are right about the missing story depth in this series. I wanted to try out if a concept focusing on shoe stealing alone rather than tickling would work before creating a full e-comic of this kind which of course has all the story depth you'd like to see but is a lot more work for me. it's by far not selling as good as the tickling e-comics but I think it's enough to give it a try with a small or medium sized full e-comic soon ...

the ideas you posted are very nice and are very likely to be used for the next episodes Smile

greetz fantomaZ

Not a problem; I always like to give credit where credit is due. Big Grin

I have a lot more ideas in mind; don't hesitate to chat sometime if you want to hear. I can come up with more then just shoe stealing ideas. Pleased

06-25-2011 16:34 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

I hope at least one of potk ideas for the sss gets made they sound great. What I'd like to are is maybe the sss in a Chinese or Japanese restaurant and nab a waitress's shoe.
04-30-2012 17:54 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » E-Comics » Review: Tales of a Serial Shoe Stealer: Ep 1-3

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH