bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Contributions » Possible Sequel - Hotel Coochie Coo II - The Costume Ball » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Possible Sequel - Hotel Coochie Coo II - The Costume Ball
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kindred

images/avatars/avatar-3.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2011

Possible Sequel - Hotel Coochie Coo II - The Costume Ball Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wanted to submit a few ideas I came up with for a hotel sequel, since I like the longer stories better, it's something I would love to see expanded.

Included are a Synopsis and minor stories that would make up the big story. I have also included cast lists of who I thought should be in the stories.

Possible story: Hotel Coochie Coo II – The Costume Ball

Synopsis: The White Feather Cat Burglar is still at large, and Detective Mei Lin is in hot water since the previous story, not only did she let the cat burglar escape, she was humiliated by her and tortured an innocent women (Guelcan) in her place. Even though Nadja “convinced†Guelcan not to press charges, Mei Lin still caught hell from her superiors and the force in general when Martina filed her report to the Nylonodon Police, which portrayed her as inept.

Martina is still fuming by being the cat burglar’s latest and greatest victim. She offers an interesting scenario to an upper level police captain. She will host a party in the Hotel Plaza’s ball room for Nylonodon’s elite. It will be a masquerade/costume ball to display a priceless piece of artwork. There is no artwork and the piece being put on display is a diamond encrusted pair of heels that are actually fakes, a secret known only to Martina and the police captain. The whole lie is leaked by police to attract the attention of the cat burglar, who Martina believes, won’t be able to resist such a prize. Lissa, will be on hand to model the shoes.

Mei Lin, not knowing it is a trap, demands to be on the security detail for the hotel and is given two officers as her assistants for the ball.

Nylonodon News is on hand to cover the ball. Shefali, the junior of the two reporters, will be outside with a camera woman. Suzanne will be on the inside with a camera person of her own, which is Portia, who as we all know, is a master of disguise and recently found herself a position at the news room where she hears of the ball and its valuable artwork display. A quick sleeping potion and Suzanne’s normal camera woman can’t be found and Portia is on her way to the ball since she fits the costume intended for the missing camera woman. (You can, if it is easier, scrap the whole masquerade/costume idea, I just thought that would be easier for Portia to disguise herself and impersonate anyone else.)

As a local celebrity, Professor Sui is invited as well as Lady Jane, Lawyer Nadja and her newest friend, Guelcan, The mayor and her daughter, Fatima, who is under the protection of the local mafia and her “bodyguards†would be in attendance as well. Since the police are hoping to trap the cat burglar, they offer tickets from all types of venues to give the cat burglar a chance to get her hands on a ticket. Because of this, almost anyone in the cast can be present. Make Hattice and Aynur be part of that cast though.

Hundreds of rooms, Martina’s office, basements, parking garages, the ball room, backstage at the ball. Virtually hundreds of possible places to trap the lovlies and make them squirm, itch, laugh or talk.

Possible stories that make up the whole book:

A. The White Feather Cat Burglar
Starring: Portia, Suzanne, Mei Lin, Martina, Police Captain, Officer 1 and Officer 2

The trap is set, Portia must get rid of Suzanne and then she can disguise herself as anyone at the ball and subdue, tickle, drug or make itch anyone in the cast as she moves through the ball gathering information and getting closer to the prize she doesn’t know is a fake.

B. The Mobster’s Revenge
Starring: Ornella, Fatima, Hattice, Aynur, Thugs and anyone else who gets in the mobs way.

One piece of the first story was that no one ever said what happened to the suitcase full of cash that was in the room with Fatima. The last persons to see it were Hattice and Aynur, Mei Lin and Portia never went back to the room. When they got tired, Hattice and Aynur just left. I believe, they took off with the cash. The mob wants their cash back and since Fatima was subjected to such cruel tickling, she is now working with the mob in full cooperation. She has spotted Hattice and Aynur previously, getting tickets to the ball and will point them out when she spots them to the thugs. The mob is going to get a little revenge.

Other motivations for the mobs presence: Unaware they are fakes, the pair of shoes being worn by a top model together would fetch a hefty ransom, the mob could also be planning a theft and kidnapping of Lissa. Maybe they are even targeting the mayor’s daughter as a potential kidnap victim. Remember the only thing better than money is more money.

C. Suzanne and Shefali at it again.
Starring: Suzanne, Shefali, Camera Woman 1, Portia, Sui

Shefali, stationed outside, is determined to get into the ball, take Suzanne down a notch or two and get revenge for Suzanne broadcasting her in Sui’s museum exhibit being tickled by Sui. Perhaps she will take Suzanne out for Portia? Itching powder, shoe stealing, costume changing, maybe a handcuff or two. Shefali’s second mission is payback on Professor Sui for her humiliation during the other story.

D. Guelcan: Revenge on Mei Lin
Starring: Guelcan, Nadja, Mei Lin

I was thinking of this as an epilouge piece. Perhaps after Portia escapes again, Mei Lin, caught at the end of the story again, but this time, in Nadja’s dungeon at Guelcan’s mercy.

E. The APW: Subterfuge
Starring: Aleshanee, Selina, Nadja, Guelcan

Generic members of the APW protest Professor Sui outside about her archaeological findings near protected monkey habitats while inside, Aleshanee and Selina have crashed the ball looking to make an example of the professor, but Aleshanee’s plans are set aside when she realizes Lawyer Nadja, (who humiliated her poolside) and a close friend (Guelcan) are in attendance.
05-02-2011 06:58 Kindred is offline Send an Email to Kindred Search for Posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your Buddy List
Morfe22

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

RE: Possible Sequel - Hotel Coochie Coo II - The Costume Ball Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are certainly some interesting ideas in there and I enjoyed reading them. It's great to know that the original story proved interesting enough to promote significant thought about the aftermath of the events of that day.

One of the amazing strengths of the story that Fantomaz and Mandrake wove was that it wrapped up the day sufficiently for the reader to feel that events had been satisfactorily concluded, but at the same time it left plenty of room for follow up stories. And that is one of the great strengths of the Nylondon universe, the depth of the characters. They all have rich histories, personalities and motivations that make the stories so vibrant and interesting and give so much scope for fun storylines.

From my own personal perspective of commissioning custom stories, I don't intend to set another story entirely within the hotel. Future stories do and will make reference to the events there and it's possible that there may even be future scenes in that establishment. So i'm sure that we haven't quite seen the last of Hotel Plaza Smile

As to whether Fantomaz has any plans, you'd have to ask him Wink
05-06-2011 00:28 Morfe22 is offline Send an Email to Morfe22 Search for Posts by Morfe22 Add Morfe22 to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thank you for your thoughts. some nice ideas.problem is, that it sold badly. I posted it somewhere else already. those real huge epic e-comics don't sell well as very few customers are willing to pay the price at once. a global theme with a lot of shorter e-comics fitting into the overall plot might be a better choice. not sure though if this would be possible here as each episode has to function as stand alone publication too ...

greetz fantomaZ
05-06-2011 07:46 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... but of course you can always commission a story as big as you want Wink

greetz fantomaZ
05-07-2011 01:09 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
sheertorture

Registration Date: 05-07-2011

I like your thinking, kindred!
05-07-2011 06:59 sheertorture is offline Send an Email to sheertorture Search for Posts by sheertorture Add sheertorture to your Buddy List
sheertorture

Registration Date: 05-07-2011

I do love the epic comic approach, but the pricing is a bit rough for these times. Maybe the epic stories can be released in smaller episodes at a time?
05-07-2011 07:00 sheertorture is offline Send an Email to sheertorture Search for Posts by sheertorture Add sheertorture to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by sheertorture
I do love the epic comic approach, but the pricing is a bit rough for these times. Maybe the epic stories can be released in smaller episodes at a time?

this was done for "The Most Ticklish Heist Of The Century" which is simply too big to be released for a sensible price ...

btw: what kind of pricing would you find apropriate? I thought that the kickoff prices when the site reopened with up to 33% off were qute a bargain. but I am always open to suggestions ...

greetz fantomaZ
05-07-2011 07:15 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Contributions » Possible Sequel - Hotel Coochie Coo II - The Costume Ball

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH