bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Announcements » access to the board » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page access to the board
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 access to the board bosArt 04-14-2022 18:53
 RE: access to the board grizzletoad1 04-14-2022 19:26
 RE: access to the board bosArt 04-14-2022 19:40
 RE: access to the board Martina_Martes 04-16-2022 17:42
 RE: access to the board grizzletoad1 04-14-2022 20:31
 RE: access to the board bosArt 04-16-2022 18:43

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bosArt
admin

Registration Date: 09-17-2014

access to the board Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am considering to restrict access to the board to basic members. Reason is to increase security by not letting non-members to view anything else but announcements. I don't want to do this to generate more income, so I thought I better ask the community before actually doing this.

Anyone posting here, who is NOT already a lifetime basic member of the main website bosart.eu and therefore would lose access? Anyone here who would prefer keeping this board open for all?

04-14-2022 18:53 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

RE: access to the board Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are you saying we may have to have a paid membership to post in future? If that's the case I oppose. One of the joys of this board is the ability to interact with others with a similar interest much the same as I do on other groups. If you want to do something like Facebook does with its groups where you have to be approved by an administartor to join I can get behind that. But restricting access to the board and thus the group is not something I can support. It would be a shame to lose it.
04-14-2022 19:26 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
bosArt
admin

Thread Starter Thread Started by bosArt
RE: access to the board Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by grizzletoad1
Are you saying we may have to have a paid membership to post in future? If that's the case I oppose. One of the joys of this board is the ability to interact with others with a similar interest much the same as I do on other groups. If you want to do something like Facebook does with its groups where you have to be approved by an administartor to join I can get behind that. But restricting access to the board and thus the group is not something I can support. It would be a shame to lose it.

Nope, not like that. in case everyone here is a basic bosArt member anyway (that lifelong membership you have if you ever bought something), only then I would restrict this board for exactly those basic members, using same aMember login used for the blog/shop with no extra payment. As I said, I do not intend to generate more cashflow with this. And I'll only do it if no one from the community complains. So, if you are against it, it's already history :-)

04-14-2022 19:40 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
Martina_Martes Martina_Martes is a female

Registration Date: 05-22-2020

i copletly oppose , as i use to come to the site before i had my own money n all , we should draw in more ppl even if they cant financialy contribute , they will look n share 2 and the more the better
04-16-2022 17:42 Martina_Martes is offline Send an Email to Martina_Martes Search for Posts by Martina_Martes Add Martina_Martes to your Buddy List
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I understand where you are coming from. Like I said, if you do it like how Facebook groups do, with access granted only after an administrator grants it, that's just fine with me.
04-14-2022 20:31 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
bosArt
admin

Thread Starter Thread Started by bosArt
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

okay, then I'll leave it as it is ...

04-16-2022 18:43 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Announcements » access to the board

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH