bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss And M&Ms » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss And M&Ms
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Shoe Loss And M&Ms Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay, this is a bit off topic, but has anyone seen the so called "woke" redux's of the iconic M&M candy's footware? I'm talking about the two female characters. The green one was dressed in a pair of white Go-Go boots with a heel, while the brown one sported a pair of moderate-heeled stiletoes. Now the green one will sport a pair of sneakers while the brown one will get a pair of unattractive pumps with ugly chunk heels, all to be more "inclusive". This attack on female footware has been going on a long time, ever since the 80's when women started commuting to work in sneakers and changed to their heels at the office. Okay, I can see that logistical choice. But the attacks have really ramped up in recent years, becoming more aggressive since about the time Bryce Howard wore stiletto pumps in that Jurasic Park film and got Hell for it. Now they've done in M&M for no good reason other than to feel relevant. Why does this matter to this forum? Well, if female footware continues to degrade in the name of wokeness, it's soon going to not be much of an interest to see a woman lose a shoe anymore. I simply don't find a woman losing a sneaker or some other athletic type footware all that interesting. This continues and this whole sub-interest of ours is going to go the way of the Dodo. I will say this: it has affected my own writing of late. I have redone my heroine's (Yes the main female character in my novel, Laura, is a heroine, NOT a hero as Word wants now!) shoes a few times to make her more in line with the times, but now in protest, I think I'm going to put her back into a nice, sexy pair of moderate-height, stiletto-style pumps just to say screw all you woke morons. The image of her in only a single pump like that as she is in most of the novel is what this group is all about, and that's all I have to say about that. Thanks for letting me vent. Go woke, you go broke.
01-22-2022 23:01 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To be fair, the green M&M HAS been shown in sneakers before. Granted, it was in a commercial where the M&M's were in a GYM, but still.

I imagine we should just count ourselves lucky that they decide to give the "female" M&M's different footwear AT ALL. They could have easily put them in the same while blob shoes as all of the "male" M&M's. Or not made the M&M's gendered AT ALL.

I'm sort of in the middle about this whole thing. I LIKE the appearance of pumps, but the idea of FORCING women to wear them (or indeed forcing ANYONE to wear ANY particular sort of clothing.) doesn't really sit right with me. To imply that women owe us to appear sexy and desirable smacks of misogynism, especially at the cost of their health (if one takes all the reports that narrow toed high heeled shoes are bad for a woman's feet, which there are many of.)

I actually stand WITH the women in Japan who are petitioning the government to no longer make heels a required part of office dress. It feels right.

If a woman wants to dress sexy, let her. If she doesn't let her as well. And if NO women decide to do so, well, that's what art and drawing are for.
01-23-2022 00:04 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Thread Starter Thread Started by grizzletoad1
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree to a certain extent. It is the woman's choice. Do not get me wrong about that. HOWEVER, it does seem that fashion in general and shoes in particular are becoming more andmore uglier, and that the woke brigade is Hell-bent on making everyone look the same with no distinctions given to gender anymore. How else do you explain skirt suits for men? The whole world's gone nuts as far as I'm concerned and the M&M thing just hit a nerve with me. (I guess they call it triggered!) It's the one thing I give the Asian cultures that show up on this site. It just seems that the women there continue to dress like women, and I most certainly respect and appreciate that. I just wish we here in the US and other places would not want to go screaming away from that. It's a whole mindset now from genderless society to tearing down statues to burning and looting because you didn't get your way. I'm just a bit sick of it all and the M&M thing just set off my powderkeg.
01-23-2022 18:44 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Okay, I have finally actually SEEN a commercial with the "new" M&M's, and to be honest, I really don't see what the big deal is. Ms. Brown's new shoes look perfectly fine to me. In fact, I think they may look BETTER than the old ones. They may have lost a little heel (and had what is left thickened a little) but they have also lost that platform on the front, which I always though looked stupid (actually if you subtract that platform the actual heel height is probably about the same). And I think they may have actually made the toe a little pointier, which is fine with me.

As for Ms. Green, I really don't have much of a problem there either. I think it would have been nice if they had given her slightly NICER, more fashionable sneakers (like the green ones she had in the gym commercial). But at least they are still rather small and delicate when compared to the huge bump toed things Red and Yellow wear, or Orange's rather scruffy high tops.

I'm not sure, but I think Brown and Green may also have slightly thinner lips, which I think is also an improvement.
02-27-2022 09:36 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
LiberaEtImpera

Registration Date: 07-10-2021

The reality is a lot more grim. Mars, the company that owns M&Ms, was and is being sued for child slavery. The changes to the M&Ms were likely a direct distraction. I personally dont really care because a giant oval with legs isnt exactly the most appealing to me.
02-27-2022 09:53 LiberaEtImpera is offline Send an Email to LiberaEtImpera Search for Posts by LiberaEtImpera Add LiberaEtImpera to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss And M&Ms

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH