bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Loss Of Pump Type Shoe During A Chase » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Loss Of Pump Type Shoe During A Chase
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Loss Of Pump Type Shoe During A Chase Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey guys, I have a real question that I need your help with. You all know about my novel, The Railroad Man, and that I have been engaged (for 6 years now and counting!) in what appears to be an endless rewrite of my story to improve and restore some deleated scenes. Given that shoe styles have changed over the time, particularly since COVID, and since many of those styles are to say the least UGLY (Flat toes? Really? Sorry ladies but you look like you have duck feet!) I have come to the conclusion that the simple pump may be the only constant. The problem I've always had with pumps in regards to my story is that they are easily jetsoned by the wearer, particularly if they are in some kind of dangerous situation where they have to run. Worse yet, when the woman loses just one shoe, the other is then jetisoned quickly after. In my story, my main female character (Laura) loses her shoe early in the story and remains in 1 shoe throughout. This was exaserbated by the fact that her shoes all had some kind of fastening to them, either an ankle strap or a tie. What I want is a kind of poll here. Is it probable to have my heroine in simple burgundy suede pumps, have her lose only one, and then continue on in just one shoe and remain so throughout the rest of my novel without getting all kinds of hate from people out there saying "She'd never do that," and "Why are you making a modern woman wear heels let alone keep her in only one heel in a situation like you have her in? Male priveledge?" Recall the famous uproar over Bryce Howard and her heels in that Jurasic Park film some years ago. (I was more annoyed she didn't lose one of them, but that's me!) So I need a show of hands here. Will keeping Laura in simple pumps where she loses one but doesn't jetison her remaining one work or do I have to continue with a shoe with a fastener on them? Your answers will be helpful in determining my final version of my novel, which I hope to then begin adapting to a screenplay soon after its completion. Thanks guys for your endulgience here.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 12-03-2021 22:17.

12-03-2021 22:12 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: Loss Of Pump Type Shoe During A Chase Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by grizzletoad1
Hey guys, I have a real question that I need your help with. You all know about my novel, The Railroad Man, and that I have been engaged (for 6 years now and counting!) in what appears to be an endless rewrite of my story to improve and restore some deleated scenes. Given that shoe styles have changed over the time, particularly since COVID, and since many of those styles are to say the least UGLY (Flat toes? Really? Sorry ladies but you look like you have duck feet!) I have come to the conclusion that the simple pump may be the only constant. The problem I've always had with pumps in regards to my story is that they are easily jetsoned by the wearer, particularly if they are in some kind of dangerous situation where they have to run. Worse yet, when the woman loses just one shoe, the other is then jetisoned quickly after. In my story, my main female character (Laura) loses her shoe early in the story and remains in 1 shoe throughout. This was exaserbated by the fact that her shoes all had some kind of fastening to them, either an ankle strap or a tie. What I want is a kind of poll here. Is it probable to have my heroine in simple burgundy suede pumps, have her lose only one, and then continue on in just one shoe and remain so throughout the rest of my novel without getting all kinds of hate from people out there saying "She'd never do that," and "Why are you making a modern woman wear heels let alone keep her in only one heel in a situation like you have her in? Male priveledge?" Recall the famous uproar over Bryce Howard and her heels in that Jurasic Park film some years ago. (I was more annoyed she didn't lose one of them, but that's me!) So I need a show of hands here. Will keeping Laura in simple pumps where she loses one but doesn't jetison her remaining one work or do I have to continue with a shoe with a fastener on them? Your answers will be helpful in determining my final version of my novel, which I hope to then begin adapting to a screenplay soon after its completion. Thanks guys for your endulgience here.

There's always going to be haters, especially if you're trying to appeal to a mainstream audience. In my stories I make it pretty obvious that there's going to be a lot of fetish focus so I don't really worry about that so much. I just write what I want to see. But I can see how going too overboard with it can be risky if you're trying to appeal to a mainstream audience. Personally I wouldn't mind if she loses both shoes and walks around in her stockings, but I know a lot of you guys are more into the single shoe scenes. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not the shoes are in fashion or not. You could always have the story take place in the past.
12-04-2021 00:01 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

RE: Loss Of Pump Type Shoe During A Chase Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's a story, it dose make me angry that someone else's view is not to there liking. That said, the point of view of a story is to put the characters in what ever situation you want and is nothing to do with what is correct or not. There are lots of books out there I disagree with but it's down to the author's view, if you don't like how the story goes then don't read it. Write the story how you want it to go.
On a different note I knew a girl who would lose a shoe on as many occasions as she could and often lose a shoe on purpose.
12-04-2021 17:43 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Loss Of Pump Type Shoe During A Chase

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH