bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Announcements » 3 TB of data lost ... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 3 TB of data lost ...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bosArt
admin

Registration Date: 09-17-2014

Sad 3 TB of data lost ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

3 days ago I had a serious HD crash. 3 TB data lost. the disk contained the main part of my object & figure archive. no creative work has been lost, but lots of geometry files are missing. not sure yet what projects might be afflicted by this issue. I have to open all scenes, check all characters to see what's missing. I should be able to restore most of the lost data but this will take some time. no new releases to be espected in the near future ...

06-15-2015 09:39 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: 3 TB of data lost ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are able to get back on track soon.
06-17-2015 01:31 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
bosArt
admin

Registration Date: 09-17-2014

Thread Starter Thread Started by bosArt
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

looks as if the hd is physically damaged. only chance to restore data directly from the damaged disk would be a very expensive professional service. so right now I concentrate on building up my archives again by reinstalling from old backups. sadly this is very time consuming ...

about 20 % of the newer creations are affected. luckily most of it can be restored from backups or older archives. until now I have found just one character that might be lost for good as I simply can’t remember where I got it from and the name doesn’t show up when I search for it. in most cases it's just minor things like for example a cactus in the desert scene, a newly added pair of shoes or a single texture I created as an addition for an existing model ...

this will take some time. good thing is, that I have already rebuilt my core poser library. so I am able to continue at least with those projects, that are not affected by any data loss ...

06-17-2015 10:46 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Announcements » 3 TB of data lost ...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH