bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Announcements » problems with larger files ... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page problems with larger files ...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bosArt
admin

Registration Date: 09-17-2014

problems with larger files ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

recently customers reported having problems with downloading larger files. sometimes not even 12 attempts were enough. therefore I deactivated products with filesize larger than 200 MB. but even for smaller files problems may occur. when testing I sometimes needed several download attempts for files between 100 and 200 MB.

this is extremely frustrating and demotivating. I am already thinking about closing the shop for good. I don't have the time nor the energy to optimize the php code every time they change something server side. and I know all that causes problems worked well just a month ago.

sadly I don't make enough money to hire a professional webmaster to take over.

anyway, in case you encounter similar problems please be sure to notify me. I can always upload files to my own Project Send in case the shop download does not work ...

greetings bosArt

05-29-2015 21:42 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
bosArt
admin

Thread Starter Thread Started by bosArt
RE: problems with larger files ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

okay, I found a quick solution: I added multipart archives to the download list of critical files. so if the big file does not work, you can alternatively download the multipart archive. this is not as big a problem as I thought because there are only 3 publications in the whole catalog that might be affected ...

05-30-2015 17:24 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: problems with larger files ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Best of luck with this. Let me know if you need help
05-31-2015 01:09 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
bosArt
admin

Thread Starter Thread Started by bosArt

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
Best of luck with this. Let me know if you need help

thanks for the offer. seems it has nothing to do with any specific php code. I have two different so called "1 click webshops" installed. these are integrated software modules provided by the webhost. so basically it should work as intended without any changes. one is oscommerce, the other zen cart. and in both the problem with the larger files occur since about a month. there was another issue: htaccess secured parts of the website were not accessible. the htpasswd files originally were located in a seperate directory below webroot named "files". also below webroot is the directory "html" (same level as "files"). in "html" all my websites and webapps like the shops and gallery are stored. when I moved the htpasswd files into that directory it miraculously worked again. as this location is still one level below webroot I thought I'd try to move the downloadable files there too ...

05-31-2015 08:39 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Announcements » problems with larger files ...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH