bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Teasers » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Teasers
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Shoe Teasers Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We all know about the derisive term that relates to a woman who likes to "flirt" so to say but never goes the whole way? Well this thread's title works well to describe something that seems to happen a lot in movies and TV shows. It's where you see a good looking woman in a skirt and a pair of nice heels who is about to get herself into, or is already in, a very perilous situation. One of those shoes has to come off, you think. There is no way she can keep them both on in that situation. Then she never loses her shoe. Or she loses both at the same time. Or she jettisons them both off at the same time. Don't know if this is just the way the script is written, or the actress just doesn't want to go one shoed, or maybe would just rather be barefoot. I can understand sometimes where she'd have to run her butt off to get out of some bad place, so heels would be a hindrance, but not EVERY scene where a woman is in that kind of danger would support this action. There was one old TV movie called Trapped where a then young Kathleen Quinlon finds herself dangling off the side of a skyscraper in a skirt suit and a pair of pumps, and she never loses one of them, even though she falls and jerks to a stop when the netting she has a hold of runs out its slack! A shot of one of her shoes being slung off her foot and dropping down to the ground at the base of the skyscraper would have been both awesome and built some very believable tension into that scene. But, no, it never happens. Another was Guilty As Sin where a bad guy Don Johnson throws the highly attractive Rebecca De Morney over a balcony, dressed in a skirt suit and heels, and as she struggles to keep from falling, there is a close-up of BOTH her heels falling off and dropping away to the floor below - at the same time! Bogus, you ask me! So you know what I'm saying here, guys. Very frustrating indeed. At least that is not the case with my novel, The Railroad Man. The main female character loses her shoe early, and stays one shoed throughout the story. And should I ever be blessed with it being turned into a film, you have my word that I will insure that is how her character will be made to be in that medium as well. What do you guys think?

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 06-16-2014 00:46.

06-15-2014 20:46 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: Shoe Teasers Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love that De mornay scene!
06-17-2014 04:11 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There has been a ton of shoe teasers this. The most surprising one is Cinderella since there isn't a single one shoe scene in the entire movie. The iconic scene where she loses a shoe running down the stairs is just a digital effect.

In the new Mad Max there are six beautiful women in the main cast. Max himself who is wearing tightly laced boots loses a shoe instead of one of them and the only other character to be in one shoe is also male.

In Jurassic World there is an opposite problem. It features a female lead in highly impractical clothing wearing a pair of strapless pumps running around an island from various dinosaurs but never loses one. I was expecting at least a shoe removal scene but we aren't even treated to that even when it's discussed how impractical they are. Instead somehow Bryce Dallas Howard's shoes somehow stick magically with her shoes.
06-28-2015 20:30 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by grizzletoad1
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The more I hear about Jurassic Park, the more critics are making a big deal about Bryce Dallas Howard and her shoes. They're calling her "Superwoman" now because she takes on dinosaurs while keeping on her stylish high heels. Wow! And I thought having my character Laura running around a rail yard in heels would be poo-pooed by critics. At least my heroine isn't being chased by CG dinosaurs through a cow pasture, even if shes running about in one high-heeled shoe like I have her. Since my story came out first, could I be on the leading edge of something? By the way, although they both are too old now for the parts, (Mike is 30 and Laura 25) both Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas would have made a pretty good Mike and Laura, don't you guys think?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 07-03-2015 15:42.

07-03-2015 14:51 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

In the latest episode of Fear The Walking Dead there was a scene that could have been perfect for a shoe loss. The teenaged daughter Alicia is climbing over a fence to escape from a zombie, she gets one leg over the fence but the other is still on the side with the zombie. There is a short sequence that focusing on the zombie pulling her sneaker and Alicia struggling to get out of its clutches but unfortunately Alicia evades the zombie with her sneaker still on her foot. The thing made the scene even more disappointing that there actually have been two shoe removals on screen in this franchise, one was in this episode but it was an injured elderly woman the other was similar to the scene with Alicia but this time the character actually lost a shoe to a zombie but unfortunately that character was male.

I feel that they missed an opportunity to create more tension with Alicia's scene and I'm not just saying this because of my fetish. I genuinely think the scene would've been scarier if she lost a shoe to the zombie because it would have shown the zombie's strength and her foot would have nothing to protect from the zombie's bite. Plus it wouldn't have been a big deal for the character because she could have gotten a replacement pair since was at home or her mother could have gotten her sneaker back after confronting the zombie. Anyway hopefully bosart's upcoming Apocalypse webcomic will fulfil my desire to see a zombie related shoe loss.
09-19-2015 09:39 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If only I put zombies or vampires in my novel. It might be selling better!
09-19-2015 17:14 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

quote:
In the new Mad Max there are six beautiful women in the main cast. Max himself who is wearing tightly laced boots loses a shoe instead of one of them and the only other character to be in one shoe is also male.

This is revolting! :-(

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Powell: 09-21-2015 20:53.

09-21-2015 20:53 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Normally I wouldn't think this merited even mention here, since it is so bad, but since (based on the nature of thier work) I know several people in this group have a certain fondness for the Sonic the Hedgehog/ Mobian world. I should not that the Sonic Boom episode "Designated Heroes" has a really nasty example of a shoe tease. In one point in the episode, Dr. Eggman tricks Sticks into removing her shoes and leaving them with him. This has absolutely no impact on the episode plot (unlike the rest of the items he tricks the characters out of, he never actually uses the shoes for anything, nor is it explained why he would want then instead of, say, Sticks's boomerang (which is her actual weapon) . But it does get a little funny to see how for the rest of the episode, the animators, realizing that they have literally drawn themselves into a corner (it's a CGI show, and they obviously forgot that drawing a completely different set of feet for the computer would take a lot of time.) Go to such extraordinary lengths to hide Stick's feet for the rest of the episode; filling the scenery with conveniently placed barrels, rocks and so on (and yes, for the few scenes where Stick's feet are seen (when she is running etc), she does still have her shoes on (you have to run those scenes in slow motion to see it though.) (about 3:55 on)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDAZPc-WZ54
10-24-2015 05:28 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Run-Sticks-run-567388193
10-24-2015 15:18 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

An older movie was just on earlier today. Red Eye from I guess about 2010. It's the one where a woman (Rachel McAddams) is sort of kidnapped on a plane by a psycho whose partners are going to kill the girl's father for whatever reason. Suffice to say, this is a major Shoe Teaser film. There were so many parts where Mcaddams could have ( Should have) lost one of her high heeled slingbacks. She looked awesome in a neat skirt outfit and the loss of one of her shoes would have made this film an instant classic. She does eventually lose her shoe when she uses it to stab her pursuer with it near the end, but the loss is so brief and she winds up completely barefoot almost immediately afterward that it simply doesn't cut the cake. This one is a real Shoe Teaser for sure! Too bad.
12-29-2019 05:27 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

https://youtu.be/8Gv8hi5JtNU

I don’t know if this really applies to this thread but I was surprise that this question even got answered. It wasn’t the response that I was hoping for but her reaction to it was funny nonetheless. Also FYI I’m not from Georgia I used a fake address.
03-27-2020 17:16 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
MerpserGuy

images/avatars/avatar-69.jpeg

Registration Date: 06-29-2021

In the animated show Family Guy I have always been wanting to see Lois Griffin to lose a shoe in an episode since her main shoes are wine red colored ballet flats and that she normally wears them barefooted. However, Lois Griffin did have some scenes to where she is wearing one shoe, and I will list 3 of them. The episodes were, Peter Peter Caviar Eater, Bill and Peters Bogus Journey, and Lottery Fever.

There should have been episodes of Lois Griffin losing a shoe whenever she is doing something adventurous. So I do have some shoe teasers from some Family Guy episodes. At the end of the episode North by North Quahog, there is a scene where Lois and her husband Peter are being chased by Mel Gibson and when Peter and Lois are climbing down Mount Rushmore, and I thought that Lois should have lost a shoe while climbing down Mount Rushmore, but we did see a shoe close up from her when she was climbing down the mountain, but not a shoe loss. Another shoe teaser would be the episode Throw It Away to where Lois is on a rope bridge and when Peter tries to cross to her, his movements on the bridge cause her to fall over and plummet towards the river. Lois is saved when she falls and lands into a passing garbage barge in the river, but she did not lose a shoe. So I thought Lois should have lost her shoe when she was falling down.

Now I know there are some more Lois Griffin shoe loss teasers, but it might take me too long to type. So I am only able to list 2 of them. I know the show Family Guy has been on the air for a long time and I am still hoping to see Lois Griffin lose a shoe in an episode that could be adventurous someday.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by MerpserGuy: 10-03-2021 18:14.

08-05-2021 02:14 MerpserGuy is offline Send an Email to MerpserGuy Search for Posts by MerpserGuy Add MerpserGuy to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Add another old movie to this catagory. Just saw a clip compilation from a 1994 film called Wolf starring Jack Nicholson and the always gorgeous Michelle Pfiffer. There are so many instances of Pfiffer running around, tripping over bodies, and getting accosted by both Nicholson and some other guy who have transformed into warewoves (!) all the while wearing a great-looking, mid-90's white blouse and black skirt outfit with black pumps. But at no time does she ever lose a shoe, even though each scenario above just screamed for a shoe loss. Especially some of the struggle scenes with the warewolf. I recall when this film came out and it wasn't very well reviewed. This certainly puts it in the dumpster for me, and also places it very high on the Shoe Teaser list.
02-14-2022 19:50 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-kKBQWLCn4
04-13-2022 15:09 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
MerpserGuy

images/avatars/avatar-69.jpeg

Registration Date: 06-29-2021

Natalie Wood from the 1964 movie Sex and the Single Girl swims in and ocean close to a pier, she is wearing a white formal dress and wearing white high heeled pumps but she does not lose a shoe while she was in the water. When she is climbing a ladder after coming out of the water she is still wearing both of her shoes. The video of it is linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emn8LDjL2ic

Towards the end of the movie she is running in yellow high heeled pumps during a chase sequence and she does not lose a shoe in that sequence. From those two scenes this movie definitely had a shoe teaser. But at least Natalie Wood had a shoe close up prior to those two scenes.

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by MerpserGuy: 04-16-2022 08:13.

04-16-2022 06:52 MerpserGuy is offline Send an Email to MerpserGuy Search for Posts by MerpserGuy Add MerpserGuy to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20...ugh/?viewas=amp

https://au.news.yahoo.com/kate-middleton...IgSPFL4d-7p8cUT
11-05-2022 15:39 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

True Lies TV Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why do I have the stinking suspicion that the new television version of True Lies is going to be just another big shoe teaser. All the promos have the main female character hanging off the side of a chopper in a short dress and heels, and I'm certain she's not going to lose one of her heels as she does. I'll be watching when it premeres, but I'm just not hopeful.
02-28-2023 06:58 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

RE: True Lies TV Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Confirmed shoe teaser! Great opportunity for main female character (Ginger Gonzaga) to have had her pump pulled off her foot as a bad guy dangled from a helecoptor and grabbed it, and it didn't happen. What a shame. Hate when great potential for a shoe loss scene is wasted.
03-02-2023 06:22 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

I'm not sure if it counts under your rules. But a while back, on Danbooru, one of the artists was playing a poll "strip game" with the character Satsuki Kiryuin from the Anime Kill la Kill i.e. one where he took a poll each picture on which piece of clothing he should remove from her next. And it really bugged me that everyone went straight for her top, skirt underwear etc. rather than her boots (in fact, once she was down to ONLY her boots, the artist closed the contest). Not just because I would have enjoyed the de-booting, but because he was providing captions with each picture and anyone who had ever SEEN the anime would know that taking away Satsuki's boots would be the one thing you could do that actually WOULD put her off balance and crack her shell of impenetrability (her heel click is INTEGRAL to her character.)
03-05-2023 15:50 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Afraid I really don't watch Animes. That does seem to be a big thing with my son's generation but my animes are Speed Racer and Gigantor, so I guess that dates me. But from some of what I have seen both here and in on line searches, I do appreciate the level of detail in the artwork. Some of it is spectacular. But my problem with it also speaks to a concern I've stated on this website several times before, and that is that the characters are all very young looking in school uniforms. While they are drawn in a very provocative way, they still depict characters that are what would be underaged and possibly brand this site as a forum for pedophelia. If you've ever see my stuff, it's all always adult women, and that's kind of what I limit my searches for. Even the cartoon characters I look for and have had some Photoshop fun with are adults like Lois Lane. And while it might not be considered a true manga, the Batsy and Wulf series as well as Cinderella from Fables are quite impressive works of animation. Just wish there were more than the very few one shoe moments in these works. That being said, yes Satsuki from Kill La Kill is a very impressive looking character that most certainly could benefit from losing a shoe. She'd also benefit from wearing a hat too, kind of like Frenda in A Certain Scientific Railgun does. But again, I feel a little uncomfortable mentioning these characters because they are just a bit too youthful. I know the age of consent in many countries varies, but here in the USA it's still 15 will get you 30, and I'm just old fashioned.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 03-06-2023 06:25.

03-06-2023 06:20 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Teasers

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH