bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Announcements » Announcing A Novel With A One Shoed Main Female Character » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Announcing A Novel With A One Shoed Main Female Character 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Announcing A Novel With A One Shoed Main Female Character Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you all know about my novel, The Railroad Man. It is a taut thriller about a railroad cop who stumbles onto a terrorist plot to attack New York City with a weapon aboard a train. He finds this out when he arrests a young woman who was trespassing in his yard and was nearly struck by a train. She beautiful, scared, and missing one shoe. Not to spoil the plot, but her missing shoe becomes the main clue that identifies the terrorists, and corroborates the woman's story. And throughout the story, she has to contend with hobbling around in one high heeled shoe. There are a lot of nice descriptions of this throughout the story. If you are familiar with my previous post "I Lost My Shoe And Still Look Cool," it'll give you an idea of what she looks like. Sorry, no pictures or drawings in the story. It is not a graphic novel. I am hoping to have the novel out by the end of this month on Amazon Create Space and on Kindle Direct. I have a website for my novel with a blog. Check it out at www.therailroadman.com I also have a Facebook page at The Railroad Man. Feel free to drop by and leave comments. Until then, thanks.

grizzletoad1 has attached this image (reduced version):
The Railroad Man Thumbnail.jpg

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 02-02-2014 07:28.

02-02-2014 07:27 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: Announcing A Novel With A One Shoed Main Female Character Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

looks interesting.
02-02-2014 16:52 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm happy to be fluent in English - will definitely read it! Roll Eyes

02-03-2014 06:06 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there was an error in the hyperlink provided. I fixed it for you.
interesting plot ...
02-03-2014 17:41 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by grizzletoad1

Thanks guys. Check out the blog and see how I came to write the thing in the first place. There were two seminal events that sparked the whole thing, and one was a real life shoe loss I witnessed.
02-04-2014 01:25 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

I hope you put there plenty of technical details about railroads!

02-04-2014 19:42 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Absolutely! The story is set against the backdrop of a small but busy New Jersey based railroad, so there is a lot of railroad stuff in there. Only the female lead is the one who's lost her shoe and remains one shoed throughout the story.
02-04-2014 22:40 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

My word: bring it on! Smile

02-05-2014 05:45 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

RE: Announcing A Novel With A One Shoed Main Female Character Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmm I like the theme, but it is a shame there are no pics, so I have done a few. Here is one pic.

ko962 has attached this image (reduced version):
Railroad gang.jpg

02-06-2014 23:16 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Absolutely wonderful pic!

02-09-2014 09:43 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by hunter77721
Absolutely wonderful pic!

Glad you like it.
02-09-2014 11:42 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Ko962,

I like the direction. Very good artwork. But your model is a little bit off. Let me send you some specs.

Laura is a beautiful 25 year old woman. She is 5 foot, 6 with wavy, auburn hair and long, beautiful legs. Her outfit is made up of a nice, mid-thigh hitting accordion pleated maroon skirt, a grey, sweater-like top and a black, cropped jacket. She's also wearing a floppy-brimmed black hat. Her shoes are a bit unique looking. They are Mary-Jane type pumps with a very decorative strap held together by a ribbon-like tie tied into a decorative bow. This shoe exists. Here is a photo:

I've also added a photo of what her hair kind of looks like. She's also lost her left shoe, and is wearing a pair of sheer black nylons that, by the time my railroad cop main character finds her, are shreaded. Later on, she jettisons the nylons and goes bare-legged, but still in one shoe, although her shoeless foot is then wrapped in an ace bandage for some kind of protection. Now, armed with this information, have at it! I'd love to see a few professional drawings here.

PS: I'm also attaching a pic of her hat style. You'll get the idea. But great art work KO. Keep up the good work!

Maroon Bettie Pump 2.jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 02-09-2014 23:01.

02-09-2014 21:04 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Damn! The other pics didn't come over. Let me try again. Here's here hair.

Laura-Shag-Hair-style.jpg

02-09-2014 21:06 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Now to get down to business, I just want everyone to know that my novel, The Railroad Man, has gone live as of this morning and is now available as an E-book on Amazon Kindle Direct. The link is here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IBUGZ9Q

Spread the word to all your friends, whether they're in to the one shoe look and/or trains or not. I know you'll all love it. And check out my website at www.therailroadman.com and like my Facebook page at The Railroad Man.

The Railroad Man Thumbnail.jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 02-09-2014 23:07.

02-09-2014 21:10 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Here is a great idea of what Laura looks like in the novel. It's about as close as I can come. Her skirt isn't pleated and her hat isn't black, and her jacket has some kind of fur on it, plus her shoes are not the ones I detailed, but this is about as good as it gets. So like I said, have at it. I'd love to see what you do.

Laura Final Look 4.jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 02-09-2014 23:01.

02-09-2014 22:03 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Post Deleted

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 02-09-2014 23:06.

02-09-2014 22:49 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Here, I played with this pic some time ago. It's not close at all to how she is dressed, but at least the skirt is pleated!

black-motel-pleated-skirt-w450.jpg

02-10-2014 02:06 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

Congratulations! Going to by the novel later toady. Smile

02-10-2014 09:00 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

Hi grizzletoad1
Thanks for your kind comment about my pic, I only do the artwork as a hobby. I will see what I can do now you have filled me in on her look.
Your book sound great, but I don't have a kindle so it would make it hard to read. However I am now thinking of getting one, good luck with the sales I hope it is successful.
Do you have any other books in the pipe line on a lost her shoe theme?
02-10-2014 11:40 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

ko962, you don't need a hardware Kindle to read the book. It works equally well with software version of it on your PC or smart phone, if you got one.

02-10-2014 11:58 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Announcements » Announcing A Novel With A One Shoed Main Female Character

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH