bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Games » Tokyo Metro - 1404i » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tokyo Metro - 1404i
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Tokyo Metro - 1404i fantomaZ 12-12-2013 14:51
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i Mandrake 12-14-2013 02:48
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i omega 07-31-2014 07:30
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i Mandrake 07-31-2014 08:06
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i fantomaZ 07-31-2014 10:00
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i Mandrake 07-31-2014 17:54
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i Carlosfonteira 08-01-2014 12:40
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i fantomaZ 08-01-2014 15:32
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i sffan 09-26-2014 17:48
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i bosArt 09-26-2014 18:31
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i omega 05-09-2017 18:55
 RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i bosArt 05-09-2017 19:41

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

Tokyo Metro - 1404i Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

first point & click adventure to be available. a playable demo you can already find in the member section.

this should not be difficult to play, although I didn't include helpful addons you might know from other adventure games like for example highlighted hot spots. focus in this game is to grant you choices where to go and what to do. but there will be some game paths that are a not as easy to find as other ones. maybe I'll even include some easter eggs, extra panels that you won't see if just following the direct path ...

fantomaZ has attached this image (reduced version):
1404i_cover.jpg

12-12-2013 14:51 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

can't wait!
12-14-2013 02:48 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

RE: Tokyo Metro - 1404i Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have an idea that you could possibly use for the sequel, what about having a female protagonist that has the potential to lose or get her own shoes stolen if the player makes a mistake. For example if the player fails to make Kumi's shoe slip of into the gaps the female avatar's shoe will slip off on to the tracks. Or maybe the game could have a dangling mini game. Shoes could be like equivalent of lives in these game like for example if the player character loses both her shoes it could be game over.
Anyway I hope that you get better.
07-31-2014 07:30 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Administrator

I'm hoping this game will get more updates. Really loved the concept. Love the idea of a female protagonist.
07-31-2014 08:06 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
fantomaZ
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by fantomaZ
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I also have lots of ideas for this and similar projects. problem is, that it didn't sell well. so I had to priorize other projects which are less work but generate more income. but I still intend to release more of that kind because it's fun for me ...
07-31-2014 10:00 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure why the game didn't sell too well. I felt like the idea behind it was great and I loved playing it. Maybe the game was a bit too expensive, or the game was too short and there wasn't enough content. I sympathize with fantomaz because I know he put he put a lot of time and effort into the game, and as a first attempt at a point and click flash game it was excellent. I know that future attempts will only get better. I would definitely love to see more content in these games, but I know it would take a very long time for Fantomaz to implement on his own.

I think, in order to make robust games of this sort at a reasonabe rate Fantomaz really needs a team of artists to get more content out faster. Fantomaz already has difficulty keeping up with the demands of e-comic commissions. I try to help out where I can with the text, but I'm afraid that I don't have the tools nor the expertise to help out with the graphics. Perhaps if I had a bit of training and the right software I could be of more use to him, or maybe some of you guys could help him out with the art. Of course that's up to fantomaz. He might be perfectly happy keeping it a one man show. Either way, a full length point and click game would be a monumental undertaking that would require a team of artists at the very least.

Still, I'm loving the idea of having female protagonists in the game, and my mind is racing with the possibilities of the great situations this could lead to. Maybe you can play the game as Sophie and her gang, and you can unlock even more popular characters from the e-comics.
07-31-2014 17:54 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Carlosfonteira

Registration Date: 05-30-2012

Personally, if I can humbly speak for myself, the only reason why I don't have buyed the game was the high price, and the fact that the number of girls avaliable it's a little low right now.
But the idea it's really super...
08-01-2014 12:40 Carlosfonteira is offline Send an Email to Carlosfonteira Search for Posts by Carlosfonteira Add Carlosfonteira to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by fantomaZ

quote:
Originally posted by Carlosfonteira
Personally, if I can humbly speak for myself, the only reason why I don't have buyed the game was the high price, and the fact that the number of girls avaliable it's a little low right now.
But the idea it's really super...

the price represents the amount of work. I could only sell it cheaper if I sold more. but from the experience with ecomics I'd say the core theme is sadlly too special for generating sales of an adaequat number ...

maybe I'll give it another try and aim for a special promo sale when a new part is available ...

about working in a team: I thought about that, but atm my income is simply too low for buying additional creative manpower ...
08-01-2014 15:32 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
sffan sffan is a male

Registration Date: 12-21-2011

wheres the link?
09-26-2014 17:48 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
bosArt
admin

Registration Date: 09-17-2014

new shop is not open yet. so atm there's no link. on 10th of october all will be available again. and be sure to use the discount voucher that will be valid during the 3 days opening party (the coupon code will be posted soon) ...

09-26-2014 18:31 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Is there a chance of this game ever getting a sequel or a continuation?
05-09-2017 18:55 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
bosArt
admin

Registration Date: 09-17-2014

I thought about converting it into an ecomic and then eventually extend it. flash games turned out to be too much work and in my opinion still are not really "gamey". not really fun to replay it with just a few options to choose from. I'd need a development team like an independent game studio to realize a fun flash game in acceptable variety and quality. Madrake posted something like that in an earlier posting, and he is absolutely right.

05-09-2017 19:41 bosArt is offline Send an Email to bosArt Search for Posts by bosArt Add bosArt to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Games » Tokyo Metro - 1404i

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH