bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Member Lounge » Cinderology » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cinderology
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Cinderology grizzletoad1 08-23-2013 22:43
 RE: Cinderology ko962 08-24-2013 11:03
 RE: Cinderology Nopperabo 08-24-2013 00:38
 RE: Cinderology Powell 08-24-2013 15:47

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Cinderology Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm new to this site, but I've always had an "unusual" interest in seeing women who have lost one shoe. I can't really remember how it all started, but the situation has always intrigued me. I thought I may have been alone in this, but now I realize that there are far more who share my interest that I ever thought.

I happed to also be an avid model railroader and rail history buff. Over the years, those of us who like trains have been called many names, some not so complimentary. One that always made me chuckle was the term "ferroequinologists" meaning one who studies the Iron Horse. The science of studying the Iron Horse and its ways would therefore be called "ferroequinology". I'm proposing a new term for us who study the form of the woman who loses one shoe as "Cinderologists," in defference to the grand dame of one shoed females, good old Cinderella. The science of how and/or why a woman loses one of her shoes would be called "Cinderology". Has a catchy ring to it, doesn't it? Just a humerous thought to introduce myself to you all. What do you think?
08-23-2013 22:43 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

RE: Cinderology Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by grizzletoad1
I'm new to this site, but I've always had an "unusual" interest in seeing women who have lost one shoe. I can't really remember how it all started, but the situation has always intrigued me. I thought I may have been alone in this, but now I realize that there are far more who share my interest that I ever thought.

I happed to also be an avid model railroader and rail history buff. Over the years, those of us who like trains have been called many names, some not so complimentary. One that always made me chuckle was the term "ferroequinologists" meaning one who studies the Iron Horse. The science of studying the Iron Horse and its ways would therefore be called "ferroequinology". I'm proposing a new term for us who study the form of the woman who loses one shoe as "Cinderologists," in defference to the grand dame of one shoed females, good old Cinderella. The science of how and/or why a woman loses one of her shoes would be called "Cinderology". Has a catchy ring to it, doesn't it? Just a humerous thought to introduce myself to you all. What do you think?

Welcome to the site. I think "Cinderologists" is a great term. Before the internet I thought I was the only one that got turned on by a woman wearing one shoe too.
08-24-2013 11:03 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, the condition of being half shod already has an official word (monosandalos) and has since the Ancient Greeks and so I've always used the word "monosandalist" to describe us. But as far as I know no current word exists for the study of the reasons why a person would lose a shoe, so I'm cool with your suggestion there.
08-24-2013 00:38 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello and warm welcome to our family!
Here you will find many friends and a lot of material related to the phenomenon of women wearing only one shoe!
I think 'Cinderology' is a fine term.

08-24-2013 15:47 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Member Lounge » Cinderology

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH