bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Requests » Back to the Swamp? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Back to the Swamp?
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Back to the Swamp? potk 02-04-2013 22:12
 RE: Back to the Swamp? Mandrake 02-05-2013 01:17
 RE: Back to the Swamp? potk 02-05-2013 01:20
 RE: Back to the Swamp? fantomaZ 02-05-2013 10:18

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Question Back to the Swamp? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(I guess this might also count as a mini-review of "The Legend of the Swamp Tickler", so there. )

I'd like to see you go back to the swamp and explore the Swamp Tickler mythos again. I was thinking something along the lines of the infamous Swamp Tickler actually chasing down his victims in the swamp, having them lose their shoes while running from him, only to be caught and tickle-tortured. We only really got a glimpse of what the Swamp Tickler was capable of, and showing him actually stalk his prey throughout the entirety of the comic would be pretty cool (kind of like the Serial Shoe Stealer series)

I'm rather fond of chase scenes, they really get the adrenaline going. Not to mention that putting one in an incredibly icky swamp, and having the characters force themselves through it, leaving a trail of lost shoes behinds sounds really fun. On that note, Seren losing her boot in the mud was pretty much the main reason why I had bought the e-comic (just coming from the previews), and was pretty sad that it didn't happen to all the other characters. (I should also point here that I'm not a particular fan of WAM; the original e-comic didn't really delve much into it. They barely even go in the mud at all.)

Only problem with this idea would that it might be too much of a repeat of the original comic, so if there is anything that could be added, I'd like to see your thoughts.

02-04-2013 22:12 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: Back to the Swamp? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a really great idea. I always thought the swamp tickler comic needed more shoe stuck scenes, this might be a good opportunity for it.
02-05-2013 01:17 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by potk
RE: Back to the Swamp? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
That's a really great idea. I always thought the swamp tickler comic needed more shoe stuck scenes, this might be a good opportunity for it.

Glad you agree; seeing Esther's shoe lying in the muck with a snake crawling in it was what really started it for me. It couldn't be just the Tickler that they would have to watch out for. Tongue

02-05-2013 01:20 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if I only got time for all of this ... Frown
02-05-2013 10:18 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Requests » Back to the Swamp?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH