bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Member Lounge » website update » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page website update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

website update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just updated the website and opened a special "doomsday sale". as those offers are only valid for one day it's more important that the site doesn't load from cache. when I checked the update I had to refresh to see new content. I am not good in html. anyone has a quick solution how I could make sure that the website isn't loaded from cache when updated? a simple line of html-code would be appreciated ...

greetz fantomaZ
12-21-2012 02:02 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: website update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does this help?

http://www.i18nguy.com/markup/metatags.html
12-21-2012 07:14 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
fantomaZ
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by fantomaZ
RE: website update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
Does this help?

http://www.i18nguy.com/markup/metatags.html

thanks. looks good. I'll try it out. seems to be more likely what I need than my last html experiment. there I inserted some kind of auto refresh tag which refreshed the page permanently in an unintended refreshing loop ...
12-21-2012 09:51 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

tried it out. index.html and lobby.html now have those nocache tags. these pages should now always show updated content without needing to refresh. please notify me, if this isn't the case. for me it worked ...
12-21-2012 13:53 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Loving the new stuff you posted in the members section. Most Ticklish Heist of the Century part 2 looks like it's going to be great. Can't wait to see it.
01-14-2013 01:51 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Got a glimpse of some of the new stuff as well; really good work.

Don't know which is more interesting: "Gabi's Shoe Secrets" or "The Most Ticklish Heist"...

01-14-2013 17:10 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

thanks to both of you. technically these publications should be milestones in my work. but this whole paypal code changing and blacklisting thing slowed me down quite a bit. hopefully I will be able to finish the Gabi-project in january, but I can't guarantee it ...
01-18-2013 18:21 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Member Lounge » website update

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH