bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Member Lounge » One flip-flop » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page One flip-flop
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 One flip-flop Powell 11-18-2012 09:33
 RE: One flip-flop ko962 11-18-2012 17:32
 RE: One flip-flop Mandrake 11-18-2012 20:08
 RE: One flip-flop Nopperabo 11-19-2012 00:08
 RE: One flip-flop ko962 11-19-2012 21:18
 RE: One flip-flop Nopperabo 11-20-2012 00:26
 RE: One flip-flop tealc176 05-17-2013 23:59
 RE: One flip-flop Powell 05-18-2013 22:27
 RE: One flip-flop grizzletoad1 08-28-2013 06:56
 RE: One flip-flop tealc176 06-28-2015 02:08
 RE: One flip-flop Powell 06-28-2015 11:55
 RE: One flip-flop tealc176 06-29-2015 07:46
 RE: One flip-flop Powell 06-29-2015 13:51

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

One flip-flop Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Speaking for myself, I do not regard flip-flop as a shoe. One flip-flop is not one shoe for me. I'm curious what's the others' view on the subject?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Powell: 11-18-2012 09:34.

11-18-2012 09:33 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

RE: One flip-flop Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes same here I don't like flip flops and I don't really class them as a shoe for me it has to have a heel of at least 2 inches. Talking about a heel I did see a woman on TV, she had some shoes on with the heel coming from the sole so where the heel would come down, there was a gap at first I wasn't keen but the longer I looked the more I liked them.
11-18-2012 17:32 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: One flip-flop Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, they might as well be barefoot if they're wearing flip flops. Not as exciting to see them come off. And I very rarely see girls wear nylons with them. So, no, I'm not a fan of flip flops either.
11-18-2012 20:08 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I not only am no big fan of flip flops, I'm not really all that particualrly interested in ANY sort of slip on flat sandal. Even some of the not so flat sandals rank rather low on my list, I'm not really all that fond of geta's or zori since they also are simply slip on sandals to me (I'm a little better on zori when they are worn with tabi (japanese socks) since those looke more shoe-ish to me, but worn barefoot they don't really count.
Oh and just to widen the list, I don't consider bedroom/house slippers as shoes either.
11-19-2012 00:08 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
I not only am no big fan of flip flops, I'm not really all that particualrly interested in ANY sort of slip on flat sandal. Even some of the not so flat sandals rank rather low on my list, I'm not really all that fond of geta's or zori since they also are simply slip on sandals to me (I'm a little better on zori when they are worn with tabi (japanese socks) since those looke more shoe-ish to me, but worn barefoot they don't really count.
Oh and just to widen the list, I don't consider bedroom/house slippers as shoes either.

I totally agree with you.
11-19-2012 21:18 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

quote:
Originally posted by ko962
quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo

I totally agree with you.

Tengu geta are a special case. In general I just think they look stupid (for those not up on thier Japanese folklore, Tengu geta differ from regular geta in the arragement of the raised platforms on the bottom. While the normal type usually have 2 (one roughly under the toe box and one around the back of the ankle) the kind tengu (a mlythological creature that either looks like a person with a bright red face and a foot long nose, or a crow headed human) wear usually only have 1 right in the middle of the sole (or even a round piece of bamboo). It's meant to show how otherworldly tengu are (they can wear shoes that it would be impossible for a normal human to walk in) As I said I usually find them a bit too odd to be really interesting (plus folklore tengu are pretty much excusively male, and very old male at that). However I do find a little interest in those anime characters who wear ordinary shoes with tengu soles. Though to my knowledge there is basically only one character in anime land who does this, Shamemaru Aya in the Tohou series (there are two other tengu there, but the male wolf one usually wears flat sandals, and the other female usually wears more tradtional sandals). Actually if you go trolling around Danbooru (where all things Tohou are huge) you'll find a fairly large number of single shoe pictures of Aya. Some are damage type (lost while fighting) or erotic type (kicked off while doing something indecent) and the invariable "kiss my foot" pictures. But quite a few have no real obvios reason for the removal, at least until you realized what the artist has intended; they show Aya having taken one of her shoes off becuse there is no way for her to put her foot in the positions a normal one would go in in some cases (say sitting on the floor) while it is on; the platforms make it impossible to put her foot in those positions.
11-20-2012 00:26 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
tealc176 tealc176 is a male
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-38.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2012

I have to say that i'm just getting sick and tired of the whole flip-flop fab that seams to have hit ever girl around this time of year.

Cause it seams that once the weather gets warm enough every girl just puts away every pair of shoes she owns and just pretty much go barefoot with nothing on her feet but a pair of damn flip flop's.

In my mind a 'shoe' like that should only be allowed at the beach/pool or at a Japanese shrine but not anywhere like a store or park of sorts.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tealc176: 05-18-2013 01:55.

05-17-2013 23:59 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Powell

quote:
Originally posted by tealc176
I have to say that i'm just getting sick and tired of the whole flip-flop fab that seams to have hit ever girl around this time of year.

Cause it seams that once the weather gets warm enough every girl just puts away every pair of shoes she owns and just pretty much go barefoot with nothing on her feet but a pair of damn flip flop's.

In my mind a 'shoe' like that should only be allowed at the beach/pool or at a Japanese shrine but not anywhere like a store or park of sorts.

Hear hear! Big Grin

05-18-2013 22:27 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Yeah, I hate this trend as much as I hated the sneaker/sweat sock trend back in the eighties. I always enjoyed my business trips to Montreal then. The women up there, in addition to being just plain gorgeous, ALWAYS wore their heels to and from work.
08-28-2013 06:56 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Forum Ace

Well it's fricking flipflop season again here in the springs And I have to say thats it's gotten worst as i have seen men wearing the blasted stupid things. I will never understand how this damn tread started and I hope it dies soon as I won't even put my characters into the stupid things unless they are on the beach. As one thing I will never do is put my characters in those sorry excuse's for shoes.

06-28-2015 02:08 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

Now read the thread from the beginning and answer the question: "who the heck is forcing you to make your characters wear flip-flops?"
Also, this thread is against flip-flops.

06-28-2015 11:55 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Forum Ace

I know that and i'm sorry but it's just so F$%*ing annoying how many people in RL are wearing flip flops instead of a nice part of normal shoes like flats, sneakers, pumps and heels.

06-29-2015 07:46 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

I'd have left only pumps and heels in you list. Flats and especially sneakers are subzero.

06-29-2015 13:51 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Member Lounge » One flip-flop

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH