bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Contributions » Stories/Written Works » Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Peculiar Planet Chapter 4
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 JollyRoger1955 09-05-2012 21:07
 RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 ko962 09-05-2012 22:36
 RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 Mandrake 09-06-2012 00:28
 RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 JollyRoger1955 09-09-2012 12:53
 RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 JollyRoger1955 09-09-2012 12:47
 RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 ko962 09-10-2012 14:13
 RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 Nopperabo 09-28-2012 16:42
 RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 Powell 10-04-2012 13:27
 RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 Nopperabo 10-04-2012 17:13
 RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 Powell 10-04-2012 18:56

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JollyRoger1955

Registration Date: 08-09-2012

Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Chapter 4

In our dress uniforms, we locked up the saucer and drove our chariot to the city. Our women were wearing only their left heel. Our chariot was not a vehicle that these people had never seen, which was why they were giving us funny looks. It looked like a glass van and an armored tank rolled into one. Thank God it had hard rubber treads wrapped around its wheels so that they didn’t tear up the pavement on the city streets.
The people couldn’t keep their eyes off the chariot as it drove down the main street of their city. They were bumping into each other, tripping over their own feet as well as other’s feet, they also bumped into lamp posts and falling down subway stair cases. Some actually walked up to it and touched it with their fingers and hands whenever we stopped. I was in the highest heaven with all these women come up wearing only their left shoe and toting the right one.
At one stop, woman reporter came up to my window and started asking me questions.
“Where are you from?†She asked.
I answered, “From the planet earth.â€
Her jaw dropped. “You’re from another world?â€
“Yes we are!â€
“And those two mechanical people that came here before you, are they from your planet?â€
“Yes, they’re our androids.â€
“Forgive us but we’ve never seen an Earth vehicle before, especially one like yours.â€
“It’s okay. Where is your City Hall? We’d like to see your mayor.â€
“It’s at the end of Main Street. It’s right ahead of you.â€
“Thanks!â€
Before we knew it, there were television camera crews and reporters all over us when we arrived at City Hall. Microphones were shoved into our faces and questions were thrown at us like rice at a wedding. Questions like:
“What is Earth like?â€
“Is it like ours?â€
“Do they follow the one shod code like us?â€
“How advanced is your technology?â€
“Do you have anymore androids back on your planet?â€
“Have you seen my wife?â€
That last question made us laugh. The reporter was more interested in finding his better half than meeting an alien from another world.
We finally reached the mayor’s office and we found her with her feet up on her desk with her right stocking foot resting on top of her left foot sporting a black high heeled pump. Immediately, she rose and shook our hands introducing herself as Mayor Shodderbottom. She was really excited to meet people from another world.
We asked her how this one shoe trend started on their world. She explained that a woman, who lived more than a century ago, was believe to be the first woman to go around wearing one shoe. The mystery of how she came about wearing one shoe still remains but it caught on anyways and women have been wearing one shoe since. They called the woman One-Shoe Molly.
Shodderbottom went on to explain how they came to discover the advantages of wearing one shoe. For one thing, they weren’t as clumsy as they were when they wore both shoes, especially heels. Wearing only one shoe made them have better balance. Also the women found it more natural to wearing one shoe than both, plus they got more attention from their men folk and noticed that the men treated them with better respect and honor than they ever did before. Having fun wearing only one shoe was the last blessing of the whole trend.
Shodderbottom told us at one point in time, they had made the one-shoe trend a holiday. Afterwards, it really fazed out when they started wearing one shoe everyday. No one actually knows when the holiday ended but the trend continued ever since. One might say that the holiday didn’t really end, it just spread itself throughout the whole year.
Shodderbottom invited us to a celebration feast being that we were the first aliens to their world. Everyone in their city gave us a warm welcome and when the celebration was over, they followed us to our repaired saucer and watched us take off for home to Earth. On the way home, our women never wore both shoes to us men’s delight. We all hoped that when we land back on Earth, that we would start the trend there. It may take awhile, but I for one think we can pull it off. One shoe that is. LOL

THE END
09-05-2012 21:07 JollyRoger1955 is offline Send an Email to JollyRoger1955 Search for Posts by JollyRoger1955 Add JollyRoger1955 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just read all four chapters and I liked it, I was wondering if that would ever catch on in real life, we can alway hope.
Katie Price was seen modeling a range of handbags in the sharp of a high heeled ankle boot I don't know who designed them or where you could buy htem from. But I offened wondered if that could start a trend, she could have one shoe as a handbag and wear the other one.!!!!!!
I will say one thing is when my wife was pregnant to ease her back pain she would slip one shoe off starting with the right shoe and then putting that one back on and removing the other shoe. By doing that it seemed to work for her and me !!!!!!!!.
09-05-2012 22:36 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: Peculiar Planet Chapter 4 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was a nice story, and very well written.

Personally, I'm not sure if I'd like to live in a world where all women always wore one shoe. I think part of what makes the whole one shod foot, one stocking foot so appealing is that it's so rare. One of the reasons I love seeing women in stockings without shoes is that stockings are so delicate and soft, they're made to be worn with shoes. So seeing them without shoes is a rare treat, and one that I try to seek out and create all sorts of weird fantasies to get girls in that situation.

I guess it's sort of like the fascination with breasts that most men have. You don't see them very often, except during intimate moments. If all women went bare breasted all the time, it wouldn't be as exciting to see. We would be desensitized to it.

Still, it's a very cute story that had some great character moments. Great job.
09-06-2012 00:28 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
JollyRoger1955

Thread Starter Thread Started by JollyRoger1955

I agree with you, Mandrake. Too much of a good thing is bad. Soon, it will not have the same sensation as it once did when that good thing was rare. It'll be cool though if the one shoe trend was made into a special day once a year like those people did one the planet in my story. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my book. I really appreciated them.
09-09-2012 12:53 JollyRoger1955 is offline Send an Email to JollyRoger1955 Search for Posts by JollyRoger1955 Add JollyRoger1955 to your Buddy List
JollyRoger1955

Thread Starter Thread Started by JollyRoger1955

Thank you, Ico, for sharing your story there. Yes, it would be great if the trend of wearing one shoe and using the other as a handbag. How many children do you have now? I have three of my own and they're all gorwn up now and have places of their own.
09-09-2012 12:47 JollyRoger1955 is offline Send an Email to JollyRoger1955 Search for Posts by JollyRoger1955 Add JollyRoger1955 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

quote:
Originally posted by JollyRoger1955
Thank you, Ico, for sharing your story there. Yes, it would be great if the trend of wearing one shoe and using the other as a handbag. How many children do you have now? I have three of my own and they're all gorwn up now and have places of their own.

Hey JollyRoger1955
I have two boys now in there mid twenties and a girl who is nineteen next week and she will be visiting us next week as well. So I won't be getting much time online for the next two weeks.
09-10-2012 14:13 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I didn't want to mention it (due to fears that someone would simply say I was ripping off your ideas) but one of my aborted stories also featured an alien culture where wearing one shoe (or in my case one boot) was the norm in certain circumstances. In that culture the standard female footwear was/is tight thighigh heeled boots. In the front hall of all homes and offices is a piece of furniture called a gzodurg (it looks sort of like a cross between an umbrella caddy and a number of bike locks). By custom whenever a female of this culture enters a home, she will remove one of her boots (whether left or right intially varies, but by custom everyone removes the same one) places it in one of the holes in the side of the gzodurg and locks in in place. When they leave, they unlock it and put it back on. The reason for this custom is as follows; in that society, removing one of your high heeled boots is considered a sign you trust the person whose house/office it is. By making it harder to run or keep your balance (that actually is one of the few things I have a problem with in this section, unless there is a pathological trait running through the population of this planet that makes all of the females have one leg 3-4 inches shorter than the other wearing one heel would actually make their balance, worse, not better. Unless you meant that it makes them walk more slowly and carefully.) you are indicating that you trust the other people enough to not have to worry about fleeing. That is also why they wear thighigh boots, harder to put on/take off, so harder to do quickly. This custom is so entrenched it has entered into their idioms. In their language the phrase "a two boot situation" means "a dangerous situation" and "I'd keep both my boots on" means "I wouldn't trust him/her". A person who is going for a high risk position (say running for high office) is said to be "practicing running on one heel". "I'd leave my left boot home" means "I trust you completely" and one of the oldest and most popular love songs has a chorus that translated goes "I took the right boot from every pair I own, and burned them all today, and so I will do all the days of my life, for now that I am with you, I will never need to flee again."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 10-08-2012 14:20.

09-28-2012 16:42 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Excellent story, Roger! Very nice and entertaining.

Nopperabo, I would advice you to consider fininshing your story, because you show signs of real talent.

At any rate, guys, I must admit that I have some basis of my own story which also deals with women wearing one shoe on alien worlds. And I didn't even know about this website when I started writing it. Now I think I must put effort into finishing it.

10-04-2012 13:27 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Powell

Nopperabo, I would advice you to consider fininshing your story, because you show signs of real talent.

My heart and soul burn to follow you advice, but my wrists and thier bad carpal tunnel have other ideas. Maybe come this winter if I am lucky, I can get some Dragon software for my computer (so I can speak the stories). Then maybe I'll finsh it.
10-04-2012 17:13 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
quote:
Originally posted by Powell

My heart and soul burn to follow you advice, but my wrists and thier bad carpal tunnel have other ideas. Maybe come this winter if I am lucky, I can get some Dragon software for my computer (so I can speak the stories). Then maybe I'll finsh it.

Very sorry to hear about your condition! I hope you will be able to write more. Your handling of social and cultural implication of particular tradition is fascinating.

10-04-2012 18:56 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Contributions » Stories/Written Works » Peculiar Planet Chapter 4

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH