bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Member Lounge » Damsels In Distress or Femmes Fatal? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Damsels In Distress or Femmes Fatal?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Damsels In Distress or Femmes Fatal? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've decided to make a similar thread to Girly girls or Tomboys. But this one will apply more to fiction.

When your reading a book, watching a show, a movie or playing a video game what kind of female characters do you prefer.

The damsels in distress and action girls could be either girly girls or tomboys.

An action girls is much less likely to lose a shoe then a d.i.d since they're less likely to wear loose footwear plus if an action girl is wearing high heels as soon as she gets in any sort of danger (i.e a fight or a chase) she'll probably remove her high heel shoes instead of losing one. Action girls usually wear boots or go barefoot. Here a comparison between two famous comic book female characters Lois Lane and Supergirl. Lois Lane has lost a shoe a couple of times due to wearing high heels but Supergirl on the other hand to my knowledge she hasn't even she's been caught in some pretty rough situations. Action girls seem to be able to fight in heels and rarely lose or break them. They'll normally lose a shoe because it was pulled off or it was stuck in something, action girls rarely lose a shoe because it fell off.

Damsels in distress are much more likely to lose a shoe because it came off against their will instead of it being pulled off.

Between these two types of characters when it comes to shoe loss what do you prefer.
08-11-2012 22:11 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

RE: Damsels In Distress or Femmes Fatal? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like both, the d.i.d is always nice to see her lose a shoe or better still get tied up and her shoe taken off her foot by some baddy,also as you say she is more likely to trip out or step out of her shoe, also they wear far sexier footware.
The female superhero as you say tend to wear boots but I do like to see her fight a baddy and lose, get tied up and one boot taken off her foot, I would like to see the superhero escape minus her boot.
08-11-2012 23:11 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
JollyRoger1955

Registration Date: 08-09-2012

RE: Damsels In Distress or Femmes Fatal? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like both. Damsels are okay and I love it when they lose a shoe in a struggle but i hate it when they also lose more than their one shoe such as their life. Now femmes, on the other hand, are less likely to lose their lives in a struggle. As a matter of fact, I love it when they use their heels as weapons to defend themselves agains cowardly thugs trying to force their will on them.
08-12-2012 03:12 JollyRoger1955 is offline Send an Email to JollyRoger1955 Search for Posts by JollyRoger1955 Add JollyRoger1955 to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm gonna have to go with damsels on this one. While femmes are for the most part always tomboys, they usually never lose their cool whenever they're captured or lose in a fight. For me it's the sense of weakness/defeat that makes it for me, and it doesn't happen with femmes that often.

08-12-2012 05:02 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How about these damsels, which do you like the best
1. Kidnaped and lost a shoe http://builder1956.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5awxxr
2. Rescued and lost a boot http://builder1956.deviantart.com/#/d5awxub
3. Abandoned, lost her sandal over the edge http://builder1956.deviantart.com/#/d5awxo6
4. Arrested by a cop in one sandal http://builder1956.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5awxb4
08-12-2012 12:44 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Well, IMHO the "Abandoned" is the best of them.
and what do You think about this one:
Alisee?

08-12-2012 13:34 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

Oh yes I like it, 'The wrong spell' now that is a good idea for a story what do you think about that.
08-12-2012 16:07 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

I know. Alisee is my OC, and "the Wrong Spell" was my reqest. For my story. Only in Polish, I'm sorry.

08-12-2012 17:45 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

Ok shame about that I would have liked to have read it, but I don't know any Polish and I am sorry about that.
Since you like the lost her sandal over the edge here is a link to another pic of her this time standing minus one sandal.
http://builder1956.deviantart.com/#/d5axpig
08-12-2012 22:07 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Cool stuff. My favorite would probably be number 1. For the first two pictures how did their shoes come off .

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 08-13-2012 00:40.

08-13-2012 00:39 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

All of the pictures I have on the deviant art site are works in progress, I am working on some comic strips, so once I have completed one I will let you know.
The problem I have is finding the time to do the art work side of the comic, the writing is the easy part.
08-13-2012 08:48 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Member Lounge » Damsels In Distress or Femmes Fatal?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH