bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Contributions » Art/Other Media » Dervland (working title for a planned comic) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dervland (working title for a planned comic)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mandrake
RE: Dervland (working title for a planned comic) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A nice coincidence though.

Have you spoken to Zeiram lately, potk? I haven't seen him online in a long time.
03-24-2013 00:40 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

RE: Dervland (working title for a planned comic) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been chatting with him for the past month, actually. That's how I was actually able to get stuff done, though it helps I've been doing a 2D animated project for school.

...in fact just today we were talking and he asked me if I had come up with any neat ideas to deshoe Angelica, which I did, but one in particular really interested both him and me and I think it may inspire me to write a oneshot in the Dervland universe. Wink

My design of Angelica has actually been completely drafted (though not 100% finalized) ever since Tueday, but I need to draw it a couple more times untilI I can completely show it off to you. I have showed it to him though and he said he'd draw my outfit in his style just to try it out.

03-24-2013 03:20 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by potk
I've been chatting with him for the past month, actually. That's how I was actually able to get stuff done, though it helps I've been doing a 2D animated project for school.

...in fact just today we were talking and he asked me if I had come up with any neat ideas to deshoe Angelica, which I did, but one in particular really interested both him and me and I think it may inspire me to write a oneshot in the Dervland universe. Wink

My design of Angelica has actually been completely drafted (though not 100% finalized) ever since Tueday, but I need to draw it a couple more times untilI I can completely show it off to you. I have showed it to him though and he said he'd draw my outfit in his style just to try it out.

I love both your styles, I can't wait to see what comes of it. I remember earlier you said you had ideas for my storyline. I'd like to hear them when you get the chance.
03-24-2013 04:41 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
tealc176 tealc176 is a male
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-38.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

heres my version of Angelica which yes was made in 3DCG: http://andrseto.deviantart.com/art/my-ve...%253A1366051795

04-15-2013 19:51 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tealc176
heres my version of Angelica which yes was made in 3DCG: http://andrseto.deviantart.com/art/my-ve...%253A1366051795

Actually kind of surprised you used my design; thanks. Smile

04-15-2013 19:58 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Forum Ace

your welcome I got permission from mandrake so that i could make his OC's the other day.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tealc176: 04-15-2013 20:05.

04-15-2013 20:01 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah, I have no problem with others using our characters, as long as we get credited. Doing some story-lines in 3DCG actually might not be a bad idea, but I'm not sure how flexible that software is yet.
04-16-2013 01:57 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
Yeah, I have no problem with others using our characters, as long as we get credited. Doing some story-lines in 3DCG actually might not be a bad idea, but I'm not sure how flexible that software is yet.

yeah you might not be able to do many of the derv scenes but you might be able to use the kidnappers alley background. (thats what i call it) for the part where Angelica lose's her shoes to those bullys who burn them.

04-16-2013 02:00 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by tealc176
quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake

yeah you might not be able to do many of the derv scenes but you might be able to use the kidnappers alley background. (thats what i call it) for the part where Angelica lose's her shoes to those bullys who burn them.

That's a good idea.
04-16-2013 02:10 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

Some new stuff up on my scrapbook regarding this project:

http://mandrakemoorglade.deviantart.com/...?catpath=scraps
04-25-2013 04:15 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

The influence of the artstyle from the Sonic the Hedgehog made me think of this question. Hypothetically if Dervland was ever adapted into a video game what would you want it to be like? Would it be a fighting game where the objective is to knock the opponent out her shoes? Or an RPG where each character's shoes are customisable but can also be lost throughout the game or the shoes of adversaries.
09-07-2014 17:09 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Forum Ace

Thats something i would buy if it was ever made. but it would take time and programing along with money.

09-09-2014 01:08 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Administrator

I had big ideas for Dervland, and a game was one of them. Yes, since the shoes give them special powers you would have to deshoe your opponent to win. A fighting game would work well, but you could implement a beat em up, or even an rpg if you wanted.

Of course, I can't even get the comic off the ground right now so a game is off the table.
09-20-2014 09:14 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Forum Ace

I see well your Dervland idea is helping me come up with a new line of characters so even if you might never get it off the ground I will be sure to carry it through to the best of my ability on 3DCG. It will take time however as I may not require funding but I have alot of things going on in real life like school and my grandmother who is going to croak someday soon. Along with Gaming that I do to pass the time and end up losing time to it with games like Simcity (2013) and Civilization Beyond Earth. But even with these i will try my best to see that the storyline is respected and some kind of ending will come out within a year for it.

10-28-2014 08:47 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Administrator

I'm enjoying it. Keep up the good work.
10-31-2014 05:51 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Forum Ace

Thanks I will besides the witch from dervland will be written in soon. But here is a preview
of her. Her name is Mokari Sumari.

10-31-2014 06:06 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Administrator

Looks great! I don't want to jinx it, but there's a new artist who's expressed interest in working on it. He's a bit busy right now, but says that when he has a bit more time he'd like to be involved. His name is MintyMouse. I've been following him on DA for a couple years now. I think he'd be perfect for it:

http://mintymousyxfce.deviantart.com/
10-31-2014 20:32 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Forum Ace

well like you said my Storyline is in an alternate universe to the prime dervland. So there will be some different things and some not so different. so i don't mind. the more writers the better.

10-31-2014 22:10 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Administrator

What happened to your DA accounts?
11-06-2014 12:36 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Forum Ace

my family got swatted by the police the other day and in order to protect my sisters i wanted to deactivate but my mom talked me out of it.

11-11-2014 21:06 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Contributions » Art/Other Media » Dervland (working title for a planned comic)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH