bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Problems and Solutions » spambot attack ... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page spambot attack ...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

spambot attack ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

some spam ads appeared today. deleted posting and user. if we don't see such crap at once please notify a mod or myself. thanks ...
03-29-2012 16:12 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by fantomaZ
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

recently a lot of new members registered. but I guess most of them are not real. no idea what kind of spam bot is behind this. as I can't figure out who's real and who's not as long as no spam is actually posted I just ask real members to post something at least once. no need to be lengthy. if you like something, just say "nice" or something like that. I might delete 0 post members when this registration wave continues. but don't worry, I'll announce it at least a week before ...
09-13-2012 08:31 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It could be the site is getting more popular and there are a lot more lurkers.
09-13-2012 15:00 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
fantomaZ
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
It could be the site is getting more popular and there are a lot more lurkers.

just the names don't sound real ... more like generated by bots. check latest members. there's an odd kind of similarity to the names. but anyway. could be I am just a little bit paranoid Wink
09-13-2012 16:01 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

I think there is an increase in spam, some of the groups I am with just got hit and so did my groups. I did find out who it was and banned them yes them there were three doing it.
09-13-2012 17:39 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

still can't figure out what's the purpose of this mass registration as until now they didn't post any spam. but I noticed that all of those new "members" didn't give an email address. so I changed registration modus. of course it's still free but needs email verification - an activation code is sent.

next week I'll delete all those 0-post users who haven't given an email. so if you are a real person and just prefer to lurk anonymously, please make sure that you have at least one posting. then you are safe. you can just answer here and give me a simple "ok". no need for a formal introduction Wink
09-15-2012 10:54 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

mass registration Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

some email providers banned this ip due to spam. that got to be connected to the mass registration. so I had to disable registration for the time being. if you want to registrate you will have to write an email. I'll try to find another solution as quickly as possible ...

greetz fantomaZ
01-12-2013 10:21 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

I removed all inactive accounts - all who didn't activate their accounts by clicking on the link provided in an email. I guess those were all bot-accounts. if accidentally a real person was removed please notify me and I'll let you in again ...
01-12-2013 20:22 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Problems and Solutions » spambot attack ...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH