bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Contributions » Stories/Written Works » Short Story: Nightmare in Nylons - Chapter 1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Short Story: Nightmare in Nylons - Chapter 1
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Could give a bit more information on the plot, especially Flat out of luck please.

Edit: I wonder what Romina would looks like as a princess though that would be pretty funny to see.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 07-27-2012 20:38.

07-27-2012 20:37 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by potk
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Romina's Holiday actually has a pretty interesting twist, especially nearing the end, so I'm gonna keep a quiet about it for now. I'm also thinking of having Oll Olly Oxford Free! as a lead in, though I'm not entirely sure.

In Flat Out Of Luck, Nykta, Elenora, and Bernadette each fall victim to a certain type bad luck on what just happends to be Friday the 13th. Not entirely sure whether or not I'm going to put it in the Nightmare in Nylons series, as it's going to be more comical and lighthearted than those stories.

07-27-2012 20:48 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Hey potk, just wondering if you ever finished these stories. Would love to read them.
10-08-2014 23:19 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
Hey potk, just wondering if you ever finished these stories. Would love to read them.

To be honest I'd completely forgotten about them. I'll have to look on my hard drive to see if I have any of the previous rough drafts/outlines. If there's enough interest, I'll definitely give writing another shot.

10-08-2014 23:26 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Administrator

Well I'm definitely a big fan of your stories AND artwork, so please continue!
10-09-2014 08:25 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male

RE: Short Story: Nightmare in Nylons - Chapter 1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So I've re-read both Shoe Theft in the Sanctuary and Nightmare in Nylons ~ Chapter 1, since those were the most popular of the stories I've written (going by download count). I still think that they're good attempts at writing, and the biggest issue seemed to be spelling/grammatical errors. The one thing I think I need to work on the most is the pacing, as while you guys say I'm good at building suspense, some things tend to fly by real fast and don't seem to sink in enough.

If there are any other critiques any one has, I'd like to hear them.

10-10-2014 02:55 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Kindred

images/avatars/avatar-3.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2011

RE: Short Story: Nightmare in Nylons - Chapter 1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The best advice I can give is tell your story at your pace. I know that may sound too simple, but too often, a writer will end up taking away from the finished product by rushing and trying to force it. Just imagine the story in your head and write it the way you see it.

As for spelling and grammar, a good word processor program should have a spell checker and in the long run, it will be worth it.

Keep writing and best of luck,

Kindred
10-11-2014 04:54 Kindred is offline Send an Email to Kindred Search for Posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your Buddy List
Administrator

I agree with Kindred. Just write at your own pace. If you get to a part of the story that doesn't interest you as much then chances are the reader won't have as much interest in it either so it's probably a good idea to pick up the pace and speed through that bit. Who knows you may come back to it later and flesh it out a bit, or you may leave it as is. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to creative writing. But when you get to a really good part where you want to take the time out and really flesh things out with detail, then, by all means go for it. Your passion will come through in your writing.

You're one of the best writers on here so I don't think you really need much advice, tbh. I never found many spelling or grammatical errors in your work (if there was any, it wasn't very noticeable). I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just keep writing and posting here, you'll only get better with practice.
10-15-2014 05:57 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Contributions » Stories/Written Works » Short Story: Nightmare in Nylons - Chapter 1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH