bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Removal Wish List » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Removal Wish List
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah thats her. I can't think of any other episodes where a female character could've lost her shoe.
01-28-2012 22:18 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wonder if I'm the only guy who wanted Ty lee to lose one of her flats while fighting?
01-29-2012 01:04 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by potk

No, you're not alone. Big Grin

01-29-2012 01:12 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

From what I know about Ty lee I think it's more plausible for her to lose her shoe more than any other character. Plus I'd like to see her lose her shoe more than any other female in the franchise.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-29-2012 14:56.

01-29-2012 01:25 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

It seems that in the very first episode that Korra could lose her boot.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-G051iDeHCqw/Ts...-2-1024x731.jpg

There are metalbenders after her trying to arrest her who have the ability to control metal cables you see them use this technique in clip 6 also in clip 6 you see a pretty funny scene where one of the metalbenders manages to get Korra's ponytail with a cable. I was thinking that maybe they could grab one of her boots while she's escaping. The episode hasn't fully aired yet so we don't know for sure that this doesn't happen.
http://dongbufeng.net/site1/content/view/1205/188/
01-29-2012 21:17 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

I wish that I can not draw. Because I would gladly see Ty lee is losing one of her shoes . And Yuna from FF also!

01-29-2012 21:34 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

...wait, so you wish that you can't draw? Tongue

01-29-2012 21:35 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Yuna from FF has an attack where she kicks off her shoe at her opponent.
01-29-2012 21:45 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

quote:
Originally posted by potk
...wait, so you wish that you can't draw? Tongue

English is not my language, so I can made mistakes. Especially, that in my language is double negation.
I mean that I wish I can draw.

01-29-2012 22:05 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Sorry, didn't know that. Tongue

Anyway I actually can draw, but don't have much time on my hands to do so. About halfway done with my first short story though.

01-29-2012 22:10 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

I've never actually given the subject much thought, I tend to be content with what I find (okay I'm never content, but my desires are rather nebulous)
About the only clear candidate I think I ever came up with was Shittenou Uzuki, from the anime Happy Lesson, mostly because I always loved her "teacher" shoes (without going into too much detail, the show is about 5 teachers at a Japanese high school who, deciding that, Chitose one of their students (who is an orphan and lives alone) needs guidance, all decide to move in with him and be his mothers) So each one has both a "home" costume and a "teacher" costume (actually since Uzuki is a cosplayer, she has literally hundreds of costumes)) to me, it was always very cool that they had turned up tops that looked EXACTLY like shirt collars. See below (sorry it's not great, but there are suprsingly few cover pictures of the group that show Uzuki's feet (still fewer that show them in her teacher clothes) Uzuki is the blond girl in the orange clothes being hoisted by the girl with the short blue hair

Unfortunately, there were no shoe losses in the whole of the series (thoguh the first episode does feature a quick shot of all of the mothers shoes lined up in the shoe hall (Uzuki's are notable for three things here 1. this is the only closeup we get of them, where you can see the varios layers of them 2. they are the only pair that is sprawled over on thier sides, a not to Uzuki's immaturity (part of the series joke is that, despite the fact she is one of his teacher and "mothers" Uzuki is actually a year or two younger than Chitose) and 3. they screwed up the coloring in the scene making them middle brown all over (the bottoms are supposed to be dark brown on the body, and light brown on the turnover as in the picture) one scene near the end of the series where Uzuki has one of her cosply shoes chewed up by a dog (waist up, I'm afraid, so no way to tell if she was putting them on) and one brief scene of Udzuki her teacher shoes removed (so she can lay on her sleeping bag) in one of the OAV's. However, while I never wrote it, I did have a fun idea for a shoe loss scene. Basically it involved the science teacher (another one of Chitose mother's) blowing up the science lab ( she has done this at least a dozen times in the series, she is basically a mad scientist (and quite possibly an alien) and in the process, also blowing up the art room (Uzuki is the Art teacher) when Chitose and the other mothers go to investigate the damage, they find one of Uzuki's teacher shoes in the rubble, shredded and burned to bits, and assume she was killed in the explosion, however you then hear an "ahem" (or the Japanese equivalent) and see a shot of Uzuki on the other side of the room, missing a shoe (of course) but otherwise unharmed. It turns out the reason is that she had taken her shoe off and put it on the desk for the students to draw (trying to draw a shoe was a fairly common art lesson in my high school) and was on the other side of the room when the blast occured.
01-29-2012 23:38 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

As I said earlier, I actually can draw, but I'm a bit preoccupied with school work and the stories I'm writing. I drew these back when I was younger; I drew this yesterday. Took me about an hour and a half to draw that. Drawn in Pencil (animation software) during my 3D Animation class (HA). 80% of the time I used a Wacom Bamboo Tablet (it was only my second try at it; I was crap the first time) and a mouse 20% of the time (becuase I didn't have the pen).

Originally when I uploaded this it was blue, but I had to invert the colors so that it wasn't see-through, so now it's red.

01-31-2012 16:00 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
sffan sffan is a male

Registration Date: 12-21-2011

Y'know who else never lost a shoe when she should have is Agent Elle from Men in Black:The Series. She goes on these feild missions wearing high heels and they don't ever come off. Even in situations when you think she'll loose a shoe,it never happens. How Annoying.
02-01-2012 20:58 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I didn't really watch the MIB series could you give me an example where she could've lost a shoe.

Anyway I just watched a trailer Resident Evil:Revelations (hmm that seems to be becoming a popular name for game sequels) and immediately thought of Claire Redfield from Resident Evil.

These two picture pretty much say how she could lose a boot in all the zombie madness.
http://madeinheaven1979.deviantart.com/a...field-217494875
http://scamwich.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d3bmafy

I also thought of the girls of High School Of The Dead any of them could lose a shoe especially that nurse Shizuka since she's so clumsy and maybe Saya too since she's not really a fighter. I can understand how Claire doesn't lose her boot but I don't see how highschool girls don't even if there were in the spear or kendo club. There's was an episode were the hero uses a shoe he found on the floor to distract the zombie, I thought of an alternate scene were Rei or Saeko offers her shoe to be used as bait.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 02-01-2012 22:20.

02-01-2012 22:20 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by sffan
Y'know who else never lost a shoe when she should have is Agent Elle from Men in Black:The Series. She goes on these feild missions wearing high heels and they don't ever come off. Even in situations when you think she'll loose a shoe,it never happens. How Annoying.

Actually, she DID near the end of "The Elle of my Dreams Syndrome" (I had completely forgotten that one) (18:41) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWTMHTGF3qQ
02-01-2012 22:43 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
sffan sffan is a male

Registration Date: 12-21-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
quote:
Originally posted by sffan

Actually, she DID near the end of "The Elle of my Dreams Syndrome" (I had completely forgotten that one) (18:41) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWTMHTGF3qQ

Damn I must've missed that. Hot scene. though it would be hotter if they showed her whole foot.
02-02-2012 14:24 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Since I've been watching WAAY to many cartoons recently. I'd like to propose a candidate which would be more amusing than alluring; Kitty Katswell from T.U.F.F. Puppy. We actually have seen her sans boots three or four times, but she has never actually lost one (well, unless you count having them stolen off her feet in one episode). but, oddly (given how often she's been blown up and otherwise mangled and her other clothes have certainly taken the abuse, she's never had one of her boots actually blown off or otherwise destroyed. There was even one episodes where her boot actually got chewed on, and it suffered no real damage (equally odd was the fact that despite the fact her foot was in it, she appeared to suffer no pain from having her partner chomp on her foot). Actually she might look really weird with one boot, since she suffers from the anime trait I nicknamed the "daisy duck syndrome", where a character's feet are revealed to be LUDICROUSLY larger than thier shoes. It doesn't look that odd with them both on or both off (after all we expect cartoon animals to have big feet), but one and one would probably look really weird.
02-03-2012 22:26 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Who knows she might in all the chaos this wouldn't be the first time a female character lost her boot in a Butch Harman cartoon.
02-03-2012 22:40 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

quote:
Since I've been watching WAAY to many cartoons recently. I'd like to propose a candidate which would be more amusing than alluring; Kitty Katswell from T.U.F.F. Puppy. We actually have seen her sans boots three or four times, but she has never actually lost one (well, unless you count having them stolen off her feet in one episode). but, oddly (given how often she's been blown up and otherwise mangled and her other clothes have certainly taken the abuse, she's never had one of her boots actually blown off or otherwise destroyed. There was even one episodes where her boot actually got chewed on, and it suffered no real damage (equally odd was the fact that despite the fact her foot was in it, she appeared to suffer no pain from having her partner chomp on her foot). Actually she might look really weird with one boot, since she suffers from the anime trait I nicknamed the "daisy duck syndrome", where a character's feet are revealed to be LUDICROUSLY larger than thier shoes. It doesn't look that odd with them both on or both off (after all we expect cartoon animals to have big feet), but one and one would probably look really weird.

She lost her shoes in one episode; it was the one when they went on the cruise. She was lounging on a collapsable beach chair, which then closed on her and knocked her sandals off. She isn't seen with them on throughout the rest of the episode.

02-03-2012 23:13 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by potk
quote:

She lost her shoes in one episode; it was the one when they went on the cruise. She was lounging on a collapsable beach chair, which then closed on her and knocked her sandals off. She isn't seen with them on throughout the rest of the episode.

True. Sorry about that, my mind was on her boots and I forgot the sandals (interstingly, you notice her sandals actually are the size of her feet, since you have to see her toes through them), I also imagine there may eventaully be an episode where she removes one or both of her boots becuse she needs to use her foot claws (say she's tied up and can't use her hands for some reason, or is trapped outside a plane in flight and needs all four limbs to hang on. Actually, given how much she uses her claws in self defense, it's a little odd she wears shoes in the first place, or at least, wears closed toe ones. (if you watch the show, you'll note shoe wearers are in the minority in Petropolis (though admittedly, there are more female shoe weariers than males there, so the data may be skewed)). Yes they give her the rocket jets, but she has used those ONCE so far.

omega, you actually bring up an interesting idea with regards to Hartman, vis a vis the fact that there could be an interesting situation in The Fairly Oddparents vis a vie Trixie Tang and Timmy turnder. Trixie already had a one shoe scene (In Just the two of us, when she was sitting on the pile of shoes in the mall) but not with her boots, and more importantly not when Timmy was actually present. This might be significant, since Timmy mentions in one episode (Dear Diary) that feet creep him out. It might be interesting to see which would be stonger, his love of Trixie or his hatred of feet. I even though of a clever way for this to happen in a special. For some reason it is neccecary to get a hold of Anti-Cosmo so Timmy (or more likey someone helping Timmy, since this plant would require someone with a lot more knowledge and intellegence than Timmy actually has) makes the following three wishes. 1. that everyone in Dimmsdale suddeny decideds to go on a "fun walk" 2 that everyone's left shoe dissapears and 3. that no one notices this second thing (if you want to know how that would bring Anti-Cosmo out of hiding, Anit faries are attracted by bad luck and acorrding to most tables of superstions walking with one shoe off and one shoe on is pretty close to the most unlucky thing you can do, it even beats breaking a mirror (a mirror is 7 years bad luck, walking around in one shoe is one year of bad luck per step you take, plus one beating (if you are a child) or the death of one close family member (if you are an adult)) Since most of the specials have Trixie getting far closer to timmy than she ever did in the actual TV show, she could then rush up to hug him when the plan works and thus the confilict begins.
02-03-2012 23:48 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Removal Wish List

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH