bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Contributions » shoe loss » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page shoe loss
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

shoe loss Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have ever watched a show or movie where a femal character loses a shoe but somehow they get it back? Is it me but there's always an excuse for the character to get her shoe back. I've rarely seen a movie or episode where a female character loses a shoe and continue without it. This happens alot in animation. Do any of you guys know why writers do this?
11-07-2011 22:30 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: shoe loss Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Have ever watched a show or movie where a femal character loses a shoe but somehow they get it back?

yes

quote:
Is it me but there's always an excuse for the character to get her shoe back. I've rarely seen a movie or episode where a female character loses a shoe and continue without it. This happens alot in animation. Do any of you guys know why writers do this?

Well, it's kind of strange for a woman to choose to run around in one shoe the whole time if she ever gets the chance to rectify the situation, so it makes sense that they would get it back. But I think I know what you mean. You wan tto see her be in one shoe the rest of the movie/show, and that would be cool, it'd have to be a particularly perilous situation though.
11-07-2011 23:28 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks 4 replying. You know that link you sent of Daphne losing one shoe, well actually she's lost a shoe a couple of more times in the series. But unfortunately she always has a spare. I also remember an episode of teen titans where starfire lost her boot she also got it back I personally think the episode would've been funnier and better if she did not get it back it would've been a great excuse to have her with one boot off throughout the episode. I think in animation female character get their shoes back because it's easier for the animator, or maybe I'm wrong.
11-08-2011 18:08 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

RE: shoe loss Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have you seen the film True Lies when jamie Lee Curtis is wearing one shoe for a long time, well it is in movie time. Now I come to think about it there are a lot of films in which a woman is wearing one shoe for a while. Check out Droppedit's site.
In the film Kindergarden Cop when the bad lady is arrested and lead away minus one shoe, the first time I saw it, that was a WOW moment. I wonder how long she had to wear only one shoe for, I would have liked to have seen her at the police station like that too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOsHke8cC6k&feature=related
08-08-2012 17:38 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Similiar scene was in one episode "Jolly Joker", when woman tried to escape from cops and had lost a shoe in the process.

08-08-2012 19:30 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

I haven't seen that one, is that scene on youtube?
08-08-2012 19:57 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

I'd been looking for it, but I couldn't find it.

08-08-2012 21:17 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Contributions » shoe loss

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH