bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sffan
Here's something Cool. Anna Williams from Tekken 6 using her shoe as a weapon. Actually she kicks it off. Sweetness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxcwcyxF...51&feature=plcp

Yeah, I actually bought the game just for this feature. Roll Eyes

It's cool and all, but it annoys me that her shoe magically reappears on her foot the moment the move ends.
01-26-2012 22:31 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A few more courtesy of Danbooru

One of the covers of the Stawberry Marshmallow DVD's I mentioned
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/65239/ana_coppola-bag-blonde_hair-blue_
eyes-blush-drunk-

These two are based on an anime figurine that was put out that looks like the second one

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/220105/azuma_yuki-buruma-gym_uniform-hi
ghres-minigirl-sin

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/220098/azuma_yuki-beckon-buruma-feet-gy
m_uniform-highres-

Akieza from Yugioh 5D's
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/305140/absurdres-bad_id-black_rose_drag
on-choker-dress-gl

Actually I always assumed that, if any 5d's female was going to lose a shoe, it would be Akieza since (at least in the anime) her shoes are slingbacks. Guess I backed the wrong horse.

Another one courtesy of out dear friend Batmad
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/737474/1girl-3girls-barefoot-black_legw
ear-blush-boots-c-

and one just for fun
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/774749/bad_id-baseball_bat-black_legwea
r-blonde_hair-cros
01-28-2012 00:08 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

I completely agree with you on the Akieza thing.
01-28-2012 18:22 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

I find this one on gelbooru:
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=592432
I think, that i saw that character somewhere earlier?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 01-29-2012 13:30.

01-29-2012 13:09 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Double Ace

I remember that i one episode of Bunch of Munsch cartoon series, a girl named Martha lost her right red shoe in the mud. It was at the morning, and she must went to the school and spent her whole schoolday wearing only one shoe. And latet came home. No one of her collegues say a word about lack of her shoe. The title of that episode was probably "Martha and Pigs".
Unfortunatelly, I can't find a link to this episode.

01-30-2012 11:42 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

The episode is probably called simply "Pigs!" At least, that's what the title was of the book it was based on was. As for why they did not notice, I'd say the huge herd of pigs surrounding her was a bit more noticiable.
There are two more for Munsch. The title character of Anglea's airplian is missing her right sneaker (along with the bottom half of her right sock, after she crashes the plane. There was also one (I forget the title) where a little gril has one of her red hight tops fall off after she tries to jump off the rerfridgerator.
01-30-2012 15:33 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Some of the episodes are on YouTube; Pigs! isn't one of them, but you can fiind live performances of it.

01-30-2012 15:39 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

With regards to Miss Martian, however nice it would be, I'd say it's actually rather unlikey she will ever lose a one of her boots, for several reasons. First, i seem to recall a bit in one of the early episodes where she said that her clothes are basically a sort of projection (which is why they can change when she changes). When she changes clothes, as far as I can tell she basically just wills them to change. So her losing one of her shoes may very well be impossible as they don't really exist as seperate entities. I suppose she could change her clothes to make it look like she was missing a shoe, but I cannot think of a lot of circumstances where that would happen (In fact, I can think of only one, being caught in some sort of disaster that no one could get out of without being hurt, and making herself look "beat up" to cover the fact that she, as a superhero, is uninjured). Even if it did happen, statistically the odds of her losting one of her blue boots is pretty low, as she doesn't actually wear them all that often. Young Justice is a product of the modern cartoon tradtion, and they really are trying to eliminate the "combat stiletto" trope (even Black Canary wears flat soled boots in this version). They even sort of lampshaded the fact they were doing this in one episode, in the Haloween one, Zatara (or is it Zatanna, I always get confused which is the guy and which is the girl) cast a spell to make her boots flat soled, so she can run better (I wonder if, come the next season, we'll discover she's made that change permanent). So if you noticed, MM doesn't wear her "dress costume" most of the time. around the cave, she's usually in her school clothes. And the moment they go out on a mission, she tends to switch to her "stealth" costume, which also features flat boots. So it's not that likey, in my opinion
01-31-2012 18:46 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Yeah I think your theory is right, it's a shame that Superboy loses his boots and she doesn't lose at least one. I think I thought that Young Justice was going to be a spiritual successor to Teen Titans in some different ways (what I mean is that both female team members lose one of their boots.)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 01-31-2012 20:51.

01-31-2012 20:21 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Well, there are still more superhero shows coming later this year, so I wouldn't give up hope

02-01-2012 00:50 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Administrator

Just uploaded: Soul Calibur V Clothing Destruction. A custom character I made loses her armor and boots in a fight with Patroklas. She's wearing stockings.
02-02-2012 00:21 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
sffan sffan is a male

Registration Date: 12-21-2011

I hear that Dark Magician Girl loses a boot in the YuGiOh Team-up movie. Is it true? If so.let's see some caps. I love this girl.
02-02-2012 15:34 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
Double Ace

In one episode of "Captain Planet" Gaia lost one of her sandals, while she had been fleeing. The moment of losing a sandal wasn't show, but the Pleneteers found it on the beach (probably).

02-03-2012 09:48 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Grabbed by the Ghoulie Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Looks like Daphne loses her shoe (don't know how) yet again in this pic by scamwich.

http://scamwich.deviantart.com/#/d4ondks

EDIT: Don't you just hate it when an artist draws a nice pic like this without saying how the character loses her shoe?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 02-05-2012 13:36.

02-04-2012 23:37 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Double Ace

RE: Grabbed by the Ghoulie Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And Velma too:
http://yeehoo.deviantart.com/gallery/1429572#/d1mkiuv

02-05-2012 20:44 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

According to Phelous' review of Octopus 2, a woman loses her shoe within the first 5 minutes after being attacked by the octopus.

02-05-2012 20:58 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Administrator

Not shoe loss, but this Super Bowl commercial got me hot when Ariana Lima put on her black stockings and shoes quite sensuously:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...d&v=uWrJgFjxlS0
02-06-2012 02:00 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
sffan sffan is a male

Registration Date: 12-21-2011

Here's an Anomaly. In the final Batch of Big O episodes,Angel is seen walking in her hosed feet? What's so strange about it? Well in the previous episode[which was a continuation of this one] she was wearing boots. We didn't even see her loose them.
02-06-2012 14:49 sffan is offline Send an Email to sffan Search for Posts by sffan Add sffan to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

I always though that was odd as well, especially because all of the things that could have caused her to lose/remove her boots have already been passed by that point (the tides in the sewers, them being too hard to walk in).
I have no video at present, but I seem to recall seeing a musical tribute to Kimagure Orange Road on youtube (that I cannot currently find) that seems to indicate that the show is simply rife with shoe losses (as evidenced by the fact that the clips managed to show the main femaile losing or missing a shoe in no less than three outfits (and shoe styles). For at least one of them, I also seem to recall someone got a hold of one of the cels and put an image of it online.

Who Framed Rodger Rabbit- In the following cut scene from the film, Jessica Rabbit is in one shoe. Sorry about the really crappy video, but as far as I can tell, this is the only copy on Youtube (1:04) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai0dYPkE2bQ

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 02-06-2012 23:28.

02-06-2012 16:30 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Covert Affairs - CIA agent is forced to abandon her shoes when she's getting sniped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQKE-r_YyA4&t=3m20s
02-08-2012 10:20 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH