bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Contributions » Art/Other Media » Photoshop Render Of A Scene From My Novel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Photoshop Render Of A Scene From My Novel
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Photoshop Render Of A Scene From My Novel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's a scene from my novel The Railroad Man as I envision it looking. Here, my frightened, one-shoed heroine, Laura, has hidden herself inside of an empty boxcar in the rail yard she has escaped from her captors into. She's a total mess, having crawled under a gate and struggled with the captor that pulled her shoe off before crawling herself into the filthy boxcar. This is just moments before she is found by my hero railroad cop, the titular Railroad Man. Just like opinions of what you think about the render, and for any of those who have read my earlier version of the novel, is this how you saw her too? The render takes into consideration changes in wardrobe that will be incorporated in the new "Author's Edition" of my novel, which I am still working on. Just took a break to put this together for some mental R&R from writing.

grizzletoad1 has attached this image (reduced version):
Laura's Boxcar Alternate With Wiggle And Ankle Socks.jpg

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 07-31-2022 20:48.

07-31-2022 20:42 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by grizzletoad1
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's what she looks like before all Hell breaks loose on her.

Laura Cubans Examples 1A12B2.png

07-31-2022 20:53 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

She's cute. Did you draw this? I didn't know she wore socks.
08-01-2022 04:18 Mandrake is online Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Triple Ace

I only discovered Photoshop shortly after I retired and for the first 3 months I didn't write a single word on my novel. I started to make several mock ups of what Laura looked like using existing photos I found on line, then cutting and pasting and warping various articles of clothes and shoes on her. It was an amazing thing to play with and I was very happy with some early results. She is not drawn. Those are photos of a certain model that was on the net in a series of photos that are over 10 years old. Her appearances were further altered to make her more in line with how I envisioned Laura, particularly her reddish hair. The socks a were literally added just this week. From the very beginning of the novel, Laura has been in a pair of thigh high sheer black stckings. The back story, which never really comes out in the story is that she just disdains pantyhose, and having seen my wife struggle to put those things on, I can say I could see Laura's reasoning. Her hosiery are severly damaged early on in the story and by the end of Chapter 2 they're history. What led me to the socks were her shoes. I started having doubts about the style of shoe I chose. They were called Wiggle 32, and are still very available, but what i saw is that they were availably through a lot of shops that catered to the trans community.(!) I'm old fashioned and this kind of threw me off my game to the point where I was seriously considering chaning her shoes back to a pair of simple pumps. This always was problematic because I had to, of course, have my heroine in one shoe throughout the story after she loses her other shoe during her escape in the early going of the novel. Pumps are easily discarded and the standerd operating procedure when a woman loses a pump is that the other one gets jetisoned almost immediatly. I needed something that tied or straped on, and I wanted something that fit my heroine's personality of cute and dippy but fashionable and comfortable with a heel just high enough to look sexy in but low enough for her to be able to run and jump and fight in without looking too contrived. I started to search for other options, when I found that these shoes were now offered through another maker and the photo of her leaning against the wall was part of the photos I found. And low and behold, she was in those socks! I thought, "Bang! That's a winner!" and when I showed it to my wife, who is my fashion consultant (She actually has been a part of this odessy for this novel from almost Day 1 back in 1989!) she though she was cute and the socks were just right for her personality. So, I made some more renders of her in those socks, and you have seen the results. I have yet to work them into the novel. Sad to say, the nylons will be gone when I do, and her "dippy" socks will become a part of her story. I have some great little sub-scenes in my head regarding those things going forward. Needless to say, she won't be losing them right away like she did her hosiery, but she is going to lose them at a later point in the novel. I really can't wait to get back to work on it as beileve it or not, this change really doesn't change a whole lot in the story. But it does make her look more interesting, don't you think? Sorry this went on way longer that it should have. Just keep an eye out for when my Author's Edition will finally get finished and put out on Amazon. I really want to finish this. Then the next phase is writing a screenplay version. Anyone in this group in the film industry and looking for a great story with no messaging other than good old fashioned entertainment? I'm willing to start talking.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 08-01-2022 07:07.

08-01-2022 04:57 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

This was the original photo I built Laura on. The shoes and socks were untouched, other than the shoes being recolored into the burgundy color I needed. As you can see, she also had on a hat! And her face was not the face I used for Laura, That came off that other model I used with her face altered some.

Laura Cubans Examples 1A.png

08-01-2022 05:05 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

And here is the "base model" I used for her cowering in the boxcar. Photoshop is amazing to work with.

Laura Model 1.jpg

08-01-2022 05:07 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Last shot of the night. This was an older render that I updated with the socks. A little finer detail. I know there's no shoe loss here yet, but just keep in mind that left shoe is coming off "later in the day!"

Laura Model 0X1 - Final With Pleats And Wiggles And Burgundy Hat - Open Jacket.jpg

08-01-2022 05:36 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Before I finalize anything in my novel, I'd like to conduct a quick poll. Do you all like the version of my main female character that I put up here with her in ankle socks, or would you rather have her in her original sheer black nylons? Completely naked legs are not an option. Just be advised that she's going to lose her nylons early in the novel from being all ripped up, while the ankle socks may be an item for her shoeless left foot until later in the story. In the end, she's still going to wind up with one shoe and one completely bare foot. So again, the question is, bare legged with ankle socks, or sheer black nylons?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 08-12-2022 17:38.

08-12-2022 17:37 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

quote:
Originally posted by grizzletoad1
Before I finalize anything in my novel, I'd like to conduct a quick poll. Do you all like the version of my main female character that I put up here with her in ankle socks, or would you rather have her in her original sheer black nylons? Completely naked legs are not an option. Just be advised that she's going to lose her nylons early in the novel from being all ripped up, while the ankle socks may be an item for her shoeless left foot until later in the story. In the end, she's still going to wind up with one shoe and one completely bare foot. So again, the question is, bare legged with ankle socks, or sheer black nylons?

Nylons! Screw socks, this is an item to go with sneakers only.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Powell: 08-13-2022 05:28.

08-13-2022 05:28 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

I'm partial to nylons myself, but the ankle socks do seem to be a major fashion choice with younger women these days, when they do dress up which is rare now since the pandemic. Either way, that's 1 vote for nylons. Thanks.
08-13-2022 06:08 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

quote:
I'm partial to nylons myself, but the ankle socks do seem to be a major fashion choice with younger women these days, when they do dress up which is rare now since the pandemic. Either way, that's 1 vote for nylons. Thanks.

Why are you so bothered with current fashion? It is like re-shooting a classic movie every half a year because fashion trend has changed.

08-13-2022 06:20 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

I think too much. It's a bad habbit. And nothing gets done in the interim. There just are too many things changing today.
08-13-2022 06:43 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

quote:
I think too much. It's a bad habbit. And nothing gets done in the interim. There just are too many things changing today.

Everything always changes. The problem is that you are somehow feeling obliged to chase these changes.

08-13-2022 08:02 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:

Definitely nylons. Probably comes as no surprise coming from me. I like sheer ankle socks, and it's better than bare or thick socks, but nothing quite as sexy as sheer nylon stockings.
08-13-2022 15:37 Mandrake is online Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Triple Ace

Replying to both Mandrake and Powell. That makes it 2-0 in favor of Nylons. As to my constant indecisiveness, I have no idea why I'm like that. I do know that the vitriol directed at Bryce Howard for running around in a pair of heels throughout that Jurasic Park film may have something to do with it. I have my own annoyance with that film, as do everyone on this board. She HAD to lose one shoe at some point during that film, but never did, which puts it high on my Shoe Teasers list (See my post about those earlier on this board) I guess I don't want that same vitriol directed at me. "How could you put her in THOSE?" is something I don't want to hear. I should just say to myself, "I put her in THOSE because that's what I WANT her to be in." I should expect stuff like that because you can't satisfy everyone. I saw the socks while trying to settle some misgivings about her shoes and thought they made an interesting spin on her outfit. Now I'm seeing that may be a mistake. Luckily, I didn't change much. Only 2 paragraphs were affected and they've already been reverted. I prefer nylons too. When this new version is finished, it's going to be great. By the way, Howard and Chris Pratt would have made a great Laura and Mike in a film version, if they were both about 10 years younger. Oh well.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 08-14-2022 20:33.

08-14-2022 03:36 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Case settled! I reworked this on my photoshop. Nylons rule! Also added a post shoe-loss version. Opinions?

grizzletoad1 has attached these images (downsized versions):
Laura Cubans Example 1A4.jpg Laura Cubans Example 1A4 - 1 Shoe.jpg

08-14-2022 21:48 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Administrator

Very nice!
08-15-2022 03:46 Mandrake is online Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Contributions » Art/Other Media » Photoshop Render Of A Scene From My Novel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH