bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 76 77 [78] 79 80 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

https://m.harpercollins.co.uk/9780062264...ery-messy-witch

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 05-24-2017 08:21.

05-24-2017 08:19 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Waitress
B-day cake

05-29-2017 13:45 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

I've been trying to get this pics uploaded for some time. Before I do here is what background information I have (Note this is ALL the information I still have, the book was taken apart long ago so asking me for any other bits (like a scan of the cover) will not be able to be met)

My copy of this book was in Japanese. However thanks to some information I got from someone I know that the author/illustrator is in fact Bulgarian (assuming it's the same one they found) name Venelin Valkanov (that's why I was asking them, with that name I thought the author might be Russian)

As far as I can tell, the subject of the book is about a little bear who, believing himself not attractive borrows things from his friends to make himself look "better". It's sort of similar to Aesop's fable of the Crow and the Peacocks.

The information page (which I am including on the off chance anyone here reads Japanese and can eke more information out than I did) says the copyright is 1988.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 05-30-2017 22:56.

05-30-2017 22:50 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Double Ace

Found on deviantart.com
Nurse Joy
http://simona018.deviantart.com/art/Ghet...-done-205943933

06-03-2017 16:59 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
abzapthane
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-07-2012

I was watching some random show on Netflix and a Chinese show called Rookie Agent Rouge caught my eye.

Towards the end of the first episode, the main female protagonist is wearing lace-up heeled oxfords. One of the villains is holding her by knife point and she winds up throwing herself and her captor overboard.

She hangs on the railing while the villain hangs on to her right foot. To escape she kicks her shoe off and exposes her barefoot. You don't see much of her after that as the next scene with her, she's already changed into new clothes.
06-04-2017 23:31 abzapthane is offline Send an Email to abzapthane Search for Posts by abzapthane Add abzapthane to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by abzapthane
I was watching some random show on Netflix and a Chinese show called Rookie Agent Rouge caught my eye.

Towards the end of the first episode, the main female protagonist is wearing lace-up heeled oxfords. One of the villains is holding her by knife point and she winds up throwing herself and her captor overboard.

She hangs on the railing while the villain hangs on to her right foot. To escape she kicks her shoe off and exposes her barefoot. You don't see much of her after that as the next scene with her, she's already changed into new clothes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yHcWOsQbT8
Hmm, spectators (opposite of saddle shoes)
06-05-2017 00:02 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
quote:

What about including the timestamp with the link? This is a plain courtesy. Especially given the fact that shoe loss occurs around 22:30 that is not 'towards the end' but right in the middle.

06-05-2017 07:21 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Patlabor episode 1 (15:00)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ISUfnPEfT4
06-05-2017 08:38 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Patlabor episode 1 (15:00)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ISUfnPEfT4

Cute! Happy

06-05-2017 09:15 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
abzapthane
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-07-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Powell
quote:
quote:

What about including the timestamp with the link? This is a plain courtesy. Especially given the fact that shoe loss occurs around 22:30 that is not 'towards the end' but right in the middle.

Thanks for the Youtube link and time stamp. Sorry guys, tough to get the info while watching it with others.

Though just wanted to share in episode 3, not really a shoe loss, but the main character sneaks around a house (around 10 mins in) and removes her heels and walks in her stockings to make less noise.
06-05-2017 15:14 abzapthane is offline Send an Email to abzapthane Search for Posts by abzapthane Add abzapthane to your Buddy List
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

It's a shame she was wearing pants. I prefer my one shoed damsels in distress in skirts or at least a dress.
06-05-2017 16:11 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by grizzletoad1
It's a shame she was wearing pants. I prefer my one shoed damsels in distress in skirts or at least a dress.

Pants cut high enough to reveal ankles are damn sexy too, with one shoe even more so!

06-05-2017 17:49 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Land of the Lustrous: Debated posting these since none of the characters have canonical genders/are genderless, and most designs are generally androgynous, but there were some nice ones so I decided to post them:
- The main promotional artwork for the upcoming CG anime adaptation has Phos in one shoe.
- Phos loses a shoe after being trapped inside a large snail sent from the Moon
- Bortz loses a shoe while trying to fight a giant Lunarian, and ditches the other in order to retreat with Phos in tow (Cinnabar ends up finding them later).
- Diamond's leg breaks off and on impact it's foot loses it's shoe when it lands on the ground.
- Ghost Quartz loses a shoe while being pulled into a portal created by the Lunarians.

06-07-2017 05:43 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by potk
Land of the Lustrous: Debated posting these since none of the characters have canonical genders/are genderless, and most designs are generally androgynous, but there were some nice ones so I decided to post them:
- The main promotional artwork for the upcoming CG anime adaptation has Phos in one shoe.
- Bortz loses a shoe while trying to fight a giant Lunarian, and ditches the other in order to retreat with Phos in tow (Cinnabar ends up finding them later).
- Diamond's leg breaks off and on impact it's foot loses it's shoe when it lands on the ground.
- Ghost Quartz loses a shoe while being pulled into a portal created by the Lunarians.

All but the first link are dead.

06-07-2017 06:09 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Powell
quote:

All but the first link are dead.

Oops, went and fixed the links.

06-07-2017 06:34 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:

They all look like girls to me.
06-08-2017 06:36 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

https://tune.pk/video/2571821/let-remove...s-and-stockings

Just wish they didn't rip her stockings and stuck to tickling.
06-09-2017 01:19 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1258727287
06-15-2017 11:16 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Double Ace

quote:
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1258727287

There is something wrong with Your link.

06-15-2017 21:42 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

OOPS I used the wrong one. This one should work
https://www.etsy.com/listing/495381156/sunny-sandy-the-case-of-the-missing-
shoe?ref=shop_home_active_1
06-16-2017 00:14 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 76 77 [78] 79 80 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH