bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 67 68 [69] 70 71 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Shrinkmaster22 Shrinkmaster22 is a male

Registration Date: 01-14-2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Video won't load and I keep getting popups (and AppStore redirects on my mobile devices), found a copy on YouTube but didn't see any sequence at 1:11:00.
09-16-2015 14:57 Shrinkmaster22 is offline Send an Email to Shrinkmaster22 Search for Posts by Shrinkmaster22 Add Shrinkmaster22 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://danger-theatre.blogspot.co.uk/201...62b14089784f72a

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 09-16-2015 19:34.

09-16-2015 18:43 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
abzapthane
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-07-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Shrinkmaster22
Video won't load and I keep getting popups (and AppStore redirects on my mobile devices), found a copy on YouTube but didn't see any sequence at 1:11:00.

If this is the one you're looking at, try this:
https://youtu.be/0dbQIh9SM2A?t=1h26s
09-16-2015 23:56 abzapthane is offline Send an Email to abzapthane Search for Posts by abzapthane Add abzapthane to your Buddy List
Shrinkmaster22 Shrinkmaster22 is a male

Registration Date: 01-14-2014

That's it. Thanks
09-17-2015 07:33 Shrinkmaster22 is offline Send an Email to Shrinkmaster22 Search for Posts by Shrinkmaster22 Add Shrinkmaster22 to your Buddy List
Bbb30burks

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

In the Ruby Gloom Episode 20 Broken Records, Iris saves Ruby's Life in the well and
Ruby lost one of her shoes in the well.
https://youtu.be/aC1CYPGbZMM?t=1127
09-24-2015 23:16 Bbb30burks is offline Send an Email to Bbb30burks Search for Posts by Bbb30burks Add Bbb30burks to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

That's a nice find. Having watched a few other clips of that show I wonder if one of the artists or creators has a thing for stockings. Episode 2 starts with "fun with socks" clip where she makes sock puppets out of her stockings and I also found this gif that I assume is from the show.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130...HugSkullboy.gif
09-26-2015 04:57 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

Looking for an episode Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

According to Droppedit there's an episode of show where Brooke Shields loses a shoe trying to keep a kid in line. All the episodes are on YouTube but the closest I can find was this and we can't see her feet.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8nfO9jvb_M
09-27-2015 17:35 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

As a matter of courtesy to the fellow forum members, could please anyone who's posting links to Youtube videos, use the 'start at:' function? It is far from convenient to look for a scene which lasts couple of seconds in a hour-long video. Thanks in advance!

09-28-2015 09:28 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yes, or failing that just post the time stamp in the post.
09-29-2015 01:55 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CXxAdAaXIUo

15:00
10-02-2015 23:18 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Administrator

Totally Spies is still a great source for shoe loss.

Mandrake has attached these images (downsized versions):
TS-MissFranceKicksHerBoot27.jpg TS-MissFranceKicksHerBoot28.jpg TS-MissFranceKicksHerBoot29.jpg
TS-MissFranceKicksHerBoot30.jpg TS-MissFranceKicksHerBoot50.jpg

10-03-2015 04:02 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
BatMad

Registration Date: 05-21-2012

...in opaque tights!

Definitely one of us in the writers room. And a powerful one, since in animation every single action has a cost.

Thanks Omega and Mandrake for sharing this!

BM

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BatMad: 10-09-2015 11:32.

10-09-2015 11:32 BatMad is offline Send an Email to BatMad Homepage of BatMad Search for Posts by BatMad Add BatMad to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

quote:
Originally posted by BatMad
...in opaque tights!

Definitely one of us in the writers room. And a powerful one, since in animation every single action has a cost.

Thanks Omega and Mandrake for sharing this!

BM

Probably a committed one too, since a nitpicky person might say that a shoe loss like that is impossible (it's not like she is wearing pumps; those are high tightly laced boots, the kind that need a lot of adjusting to even get into. Kicking boots like that off is hard) and he even went so far as to eschew having her walk off the dais straight (which would have been a much cheaper, easier animation) in favor of having her walk off diagonally (which is more labor intensive and expensive, but gives us a nice sexy side view of her stocking foot)

Actually we may be giving praise to the wrong person. The writer presumably wrote nothing more than "girl tries to do can-can kick, kicks off shoe". It is probably the animator who decided to render this scene in such a manner. He or She is probably the one in our club (the same as our member in the Disney animators pool)
10-09-2015 16:57 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

He or She is probably the one in our club (the same as our member in the Disney animators pool)

Hey, I can see the Disney Company (Buena Vista?) making my novel, The Railroad Man into a film! Just saying. By the way, I just got another 5 star review for the book.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 10-09-2015 20:33.

10-09-2015 20:32 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
[quote]Originally posted by BatMad
...in opaque tights!

Not entirely opaque. You can see her painted toe nails through her stockings in that one pic.

Either way it's a wonderful scene. No matter how tight her boots are, I guess her tights are just too slippery to keep them on.
10-10-2015 02:25 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Be Cool, Scooby Doo!

By and large this new iteration of the Scooby Doo franchise is unlikely to provide much in the way of interesting shoe loss scenes, due in no small part to the animators decision to eschew Daphne's purple hose and heels look in favor of purple socks and sneakers. Nonetheless there ARE a few shoeless pics so far.

Episode one, we see most of one of Daphne's socks, since she is using her feet (as well as her hands) to operate four sock puppets at once (one of the features of this version is that Daphne is now noted for doing some bizarre and quirky thing repeatedly each episode. (0:25)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF0GHrQyZBE

"Be Quiet, Scooby Doo!" Velma takes off her shoes and sock when she goes crazy in the crystal caverns (currently this is the only link, I'll try and find a more permanent one when one is available. http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/be-cool-scooby-doo/be-quiet-scooby-doo-
episode.html
10-16-2015 17:01 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Polish actress, Anna Mucha, lost one of her shoes during filming scene of "Don't worry about me" TV serie.
Anna Mucha

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 10-19-2015 15:06.

10-19-2015 15:06 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
abzapthane
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-07-2012

For white sock fans out there, in 1998's Hard Rain, a massive flood has taken over a town and some crooked cops are planning to rob the town during the turmoil.

Minnie Driver's character gets abducted by one of the crooked cops who wants to have her way with her. She uses a pocket knife to get free, but for some reason, her boots are no longer on her feet and is left in white socks for the rest of the movie.

I could only find the Russian, and I don't speak Russian:
http://tfilm.me/2205-liven.html

Starts at around 1:10 of the film.
10-28-2015 05:42 abzapthane is offline Send an Email to abzapthane Search for Posts by abzapthane Add abzapthane to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Teen Titans Go! Scary Figure Dance

This episode features TWO different scenes with Jinx barefoot, once when she is in her Halloween costume (as a cave girl)* and once during the actual Spooky Figure Dance video (a parody of the Monster Mash) when she is a barefoot peasant.)

The episode also features Raven in a witch costume which includes blocky buckled high heeled shoes.

*Though, in true cartoon logic, once she jump scares out of her costume, her boots are back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4GQxMNpssU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypXsk7HgFAQ

UPDATE

Two Anime ones I thought were interesting

Videl from Dragonball Z
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2164944?tags=single_shoe

Actually, given how many characters in DBZ wear these tights (as part of Saiyan/Planet Patrol armor/uniform) it's a bit of a surprise that this never happened in the actual show. What is even a bigger surprise, I guess is that given how much abuse most of the DBZ characters endure, none of them have ever had their boots knocked off or destroyed (the rest of the armor certainly gets messes up all the time) I can only suppose that Planet Patrol boots (and gloves) are made of something that is RIDICULOSLY durable.

And someone else has commemorated out favorite Sailor Moon meme
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2165197?tags=single_shoe

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 11-01-2015 14:08.

10-31-2015 23:01 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Sonic52
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-43.jpg

Registration Date: 07-29-2012

I found an image of Elisa from skullgirls
http://jessyruiz.deviantart.com/art/After-Party-371833915

Also on skype there is an emoticon (chappal) where a woman is seen taking off her shoe and putting it over her head
11-21-2015 01:36 Sonic52 is offline Send an Email to Sonic52 Search for Posts by Sonic52 Add Sonic52 to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 67 68 [69] 70 71 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH