bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 64 65 [66] 67 68 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice! Curious to see what the other book's shoe loss entails.
05-04-2015 05:43 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just ordered a copy, we'll know soon.

Speaking of single shoe books, I had a bit of good fortune this weekend. After ages of trying to get my hands on a 19th century children's pop up with two single shoe pictures (Cinderella is one of the pop ups, and it has Little Betty Blue on one of the non pop up pages) I finally did it.

It isn't anything like a perfect copy but it seems to have both of those pages (which is all I really care about) And I'm lucky to have managed that (the book is basically so desirable to book collectors that any attempt of mine to get it via bidding without a $500+ bankroll was more or less impossible. I just lucked out in that the person who offered it decided to do it as a Buy it Now.) Plus, I have two more foreign Wizard of Oz books in the pipeline, a Turkish one (which I know has a single shoed Dorothy melting the witch in it; I checked before buying). and another Russian/Lithuanian one (can't really tell from description) which I had to go into blind (though since I now have another Oz collector who basically buys whatever Oz books I offer him at whatever price I ask, the financial risk to me if I am wrong and the books doesn't have a usable picture is no longer nearly as great as it used to be.)
05-04-2015 12:10 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

https://youtu.be/nkEPUAys0w0
05-05-2015 15:49 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
tealc176 tealc176 is a male
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-38.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2012

New shoe stealing story but this time by yours truly: http://orangefox24.deviantart.com/galler...ef-on-the-Loose

05-09-2015 07:08 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Mandrake, there's no shoe loss but you'll love this. Also notice the type of shoes they wear.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=THyARu6sfhM

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 05-09-2015 14:54.

05-09-2015 11:01 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Mandrake, there's no shoe loss but you'll love this. Also notice the type of Shia they wear.

Oh yes, I've seen this. One of the reasons I want to go to Japan.
05-09-2015 14:21 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
quote:
Mandrake, there's no shoe loss but you'll love this. Also notice the type of shoes they wear.

Oh yes, I've seen this. One of the reasons I want to go to Japan.

Yeah me too, I discovered recently that shoe loss in train stations and subways happened so much that they have emergency sandals as replacements. Also women can buy things to put in their low cut shoes to prevent their shoes from coming off. I'm a bit disappointed that sneakers and sandals are gaining popularity in Japan. I really wish low cut shoes were more popular in western countries with women, I know flats are popular but right now I'm kind of bored with seeing them. I really wish women would wear strapless heels more often.
05-09-2015 14:54 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
Nice! Curious to see what the other book's shoe loss entails.

My copy just arrived in the mail (unfortunately, I can't do a picture this time, as the shoe loss picture is so small versus the rest of the page that it would be guaranteed to come out as an unintelligible blur)

The loss in this one isn't nearly as good as the one in the other book I posted. Each look and find covers one of the episodes from the early part of the series (the do have the magician one, but sorry no one shod Velma[though she is in the stage costume]) Basically, Daphne is missing one of her shoes in the Leeland Brothers episode (the first one where she took her shoe off) as she slides down a water slide, so it's more or less from the side/bottom of her feet (actually, I didn't notice at the time but, since the background of the cover are sections of the actual pages, you can actually see one shoed Daphne from there. Look in the upper left section.

Oddly despite this being a What's New, Scooby Doo? related book Daphne is wearing her "classic" shoes in that picture (the ones with the pointier toes and the bow that looks a little like an open book) In fact, while she appears to be otherwise in her WN,SD? clothes (the dress with the wraparound neck, as opposed to the classic one with the belt and the green scarf.) She seems to have her classic shoes on in every picture in which her feet are visible (though in some cases the illustrator seems to have created some sort of bizarre hybrid shoes with the classic bow but a wide toe and flat platform sole, sort of similar to what Velma wears in this series (or to the green substitute shoe she put on in the VR episode.)

I think Velma's shoes are the correct one for the series, but since her old shoes and the one's in this series are so similar looking (basically again the old ones had pointier toes and more clearly delineated heels, plus you could see the button and the end of the fastening strap) it's a little hard to tell.
05-09-2015 20:42 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Been looking for this commercial (part of the problem was that my memory told me it was for Wheat Thins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXy2_IjpFFg

now if I could just find youtube links for those two old Payless Shoes commercials I want to post (I have them on an VHS, but I have neither the skills nor equipment to move an image from a cassette to an online folder.)
05-13-2015 12:17 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

http://bato.to/read/_/317599/jojos-bizar...a-mata-noboru/6
05-23-2015 10:33 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
http://bato.to/read/_/317599/jojos-bizar...a-mata-noboru/6

Awesome.

Also, Nop, I remember a car commercial where a woman tries to climb down from a tall SUV and loses both of her high heeled shoes. There was a nice close up of her stocking feet as they came off. I only saw it twice in the mid 90s (1996/97?) and never saw it again, never found it online. It'd be great if someone else who caught it on video would upload it.
05-23-2015 19:49 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

sounds familiar, but I don't have a link to that either
05-24-2015 00:16 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Shrinkmaster22 Shrinkmaster22 is a male

Registration Date: 01-14-2014

Got it, remember seeing it on TV

http://youtu.be/TE7lvxOdBng
05-24-2015 02:18 Shrinkmaster22 is offline Send an Email to Shrinkmaster22 Search for Posts by Shrinkmaster22 Add Shrinkmaster22 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

http://kidead.deviantart.com/art/Captain...again-396925415

I had an idea just like this. I was going to draw a gender bent Captain Hook getting her boot eaten by Tick Tock.

Do any of you guys have request I'm starting to draw again.
05-25-2015 09:49 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Shrinkmaster22
Got it, remember seeing it on TV

http://youtu.be/TE7lvxOdBng

Yep, this is it! Wow! Thanks for the great find!
05-25-2015 10:09 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

http://m.mangafox.me/manga/rave_master/v13/c101/16.html

Elie from Rave Master loses her boot.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/0...tic-d4m9exu.jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 05-26-2015 11:06.

05-25-2015 15:00 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Shrinkmaster22 Shrinkmaster22 is a male

Registration Date: 01-14-2014

quote:

Nice find, there aren't too many scenes like that in manga, did this happen in the anime as well?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Shrinkmaster22: 05-26-2015 19:05.

05-26-2015 19:05 Shrinkmaster22 is offline Send an Email to Shrinkmaster22 Search for Posts by Shrinkmaster22 Add Shrinkmaster22 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Shrinkmaster22
quote:

Nice find, there aren't too many scenes like that in manga, did this happen in the anime as well?

No, the anime stopped before that chapter (though pretty close to it, I think). There is one near the beginning where Elie is barefoot for the whole episode however.

As for frequency in manga, it sort of depends on which manga. There was a period near the middle ofSgt. Frog where shoe loss scenes were actually sort of common (don't exactly remember precisely where, but I think there was one in most English language volumes between about 4 and 10 or so) Gunsmith Cats has a chapter near the end where the blond girl is missing one (about half) or both (about the other half) of her sneakers (along with her shorts) as a result of trying to take down a terrorist (it is a running gag through the series that she stuffs the insoles of her sneakers with C4, so she can used them as improvised bombs as necessary* Revolutionalry Girl Utena has at least two, one with one of the bad guys taking one of Utenta's shoes off to look at her sprained ankle (which is in the anime) and one of the other girl sitting on a couch cuddled in a boys arms with one of her shoes fallen off her food. No wait three, there was also a scene somewhere with Untena kicking off her shoes as she runs up the stairs in her house (there's also if I recall one illustration of the other girl where, due to an illustrator error, she is wearing two different shoes, one with laces, one with a strap.) There are a few other sin manga that are popular enough they are probably available online in my collection but I'm damned if I can remember where most of the others are from (remember a lot of my old stuff was from books that fell apart so I just saved the illustration and threw the rest of the book out.)

*This volume may not in fact be easy to get anymore (or the chapter may no longer be kept as is) since this came out some years before the shoe-bomber incident, and the publishers may now question it's taste.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 05-27-2015 11:07.

05-26-2015 21:09 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
tealc176 tealc176 is a male
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-38.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2012

New shoe loss mini story on my page: http://orangefox24.deviantart.com/galler...714/Mini-storys

05-27-2015 01:29 tealc176 is offline Send an Email to tealc176 Homepage of tealc176 Search for Posts by tealc176 Add tealc176 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

http://m.mangafox.me/manga/ookami_no_kuc...01/c001/21.html
05-31-2015 18:38 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 64 65 [66] 67 68 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH