bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 53 54 [55] 56 57 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here are more examples of a Yayita "plop" where she loses her shoes from the spanish comic strip "Condorito".

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pHesPXVwFww/Tv...orito+50-26.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Zq60CtmzXGw/Tv...to+127-0032.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-V534iMPaHHM/Tv...rito+9-0022.jpg

The "plop take" has been around since the early days of comic strips. It's usually used to signify a punchline so bad that it literally knocks the character off their feet. The earliest I've seen was from a 1919 strip of "Thimble Theater" in which Olive Oyl is on the receiving end of a plop take (which I can't seem to find now). I'm not sure if she ever lost her shoes though.

Condorito, however, seems to have a plop take nearly every strip, and whenever a woman in high heels is plopped, she will often lose a shoe or maybe both shoes, and perhaps may even lose more articles of clothing. Yayita, Condorito's girlfriend, tends to fall victim to these sorts of plops the most often. If you guys find some great shoe losing plops from this comic or any other, please post it.
02-02-2014 17:06 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would imagine that it would sort of depend on when the plop was in the Popeye histroy. Early Olive Oyl wore those high button shoes, so a loss during a plop would probably be hard to pull off (though a I do recally a early cartoon from the boot period where she kept slipping her foot out of her boot in oder to use it as a third hand while she knitted something). Later on, when she started wearing pumps.....who knows.

one of the best plop takes with shoe loss I know is in the Tiny Toon Adventures episode Whale's Tale http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUM-MZEgZTY
The video cuts out a bit early, but in the next shot, Elmyras Mary Jane falls off of her toe.
02-03-2014 01:16 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
BatMad

Registration Date: 05-21-2012

These plops are awesome, byt the way :-)
Thanks for sharing!

02-03-2014 10:43 BatMad is offline Send an Email to BatMad Homepage of BatMad Search for Posts by BatMad Add BatMad to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

quote:
Originally posted by potk
quote:
Originally posted by omega
Who would you like to see me draw next a Marvel character or a DC character?

http://emlan.deviantart.com/art/A-vote-f...RTING-369628301

http://emlan.deviantart.com/art/Fillyjinkas-211662622

As far as Marvel goes, I'd like to see either Black Widow or Pepper Potts. If DC, then either Zatanna or Harley Quinn. I'm actually not that well versed in either universe.

Harley's prank on a certain red head backfires.
02-03-2014 22:55 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Another pic that had been found on DA:
Don't Let Go

02-09-2014 17:59 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Bbb30burks

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

In an A.N.T. Famr Episode with Zendaya (from Shake it Up) in it, Chyna's shoe fell off while being tied up above the pool full of sharks.
02-10-2014 22:59 Bbb30burks is offline Send an Email to Bbb30burks Search for Posts by Bbb30burks Add Bbb30burks to your Buddy List
BatMad

Does one shoe almost off count?
-> Gwen Tennyson

02-12-2014 02:02 BatMad is offline Send an Email to BatMad Homepage of BatMad Search for Posts by BatMad Add BatMad to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Considering we never actually got the shoe loss in the series we were promised by whatever list that was everyone was quoting way back when this thread was in its infancy (and, with Gwen's current appearance rate/costume in the series; we probably never will)I'd say yes; I'll take what I can get.
Plus this is more your style after all, you tend to draw more deboot/shoe ings than eds. That's not meant to be a slight, criticism, or anything like that, just an obvservation that, in your own work, you tend to choose the moment in the process when when the first boot/shoe is almost off; but not completely.
02-12-2014 04:23 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
BatMad

You are 100% right!
I love the whole removal thing, but when I have to choose which part I shall dedicate a drawing to, I tend to portray the in-between. For the love of the tease.
But I do love the single shoe scenario (as I love to see the shoe/boot fully on before the removal starts), and when I'll manage to dedicate more time to fetish drawing I'll surely do more comics/sequences.

Attached are a couple of (very old) examples. Being now back drawing, I'm planning to do more single shoe stuff (or full removal sequences) in the near future ;-)

Thanks for your feedback!
BatMad

BatMad has attached these images (downsized versions):
Violet Parr 01 [sketch] (2006).jpg Sailor Mercury 01 (2006).jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BatMad: 02-12-2014 15:15.

02-12-2014 15:14 BatMad is offline Send an Email to BatMad Homepage of BatMad Search for Posts by BatMad Add BatMad to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by BatMad
You are 100% right!
I love the whole removal thing, but when I have to choose which part I shall dedicate a drawing to, I tend to portray the in-between. For the love of the tease.
But I do love the single shoe scenario (as I love to see the shoe/boot fully on before the removal starts), and when I'll manage to dedicate more time to fetish drawing I'll surely do more comics/sequences.

Attached are a couple of (very old) examples. Being now back drawing, I'm planning to do more single shoe stuff (or full removal sequences) in the near future ;-)

Thanks for your feedback!
BatMad

That's why 1 pic is never enough. You need at least 3.
02-12-2014 22:28 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

As I said, I pass no judgments. Your are the artist, you draw as you want. Tecnically though, wouldn't one shoe/boot off one on be the dead middle (after all, outside of a sore foot, actual fetish inent thing, people taking off thier shoes usually don't stop halfway through.) I'd say your point of choice would be classfied at about 20-45% debooted, depending on picture.
Yes I remember those from a while back. Actually of what of yours I have seen on the site, I think those are 2/3 of the ONLY full boot removals you did I saw (the third is that cat captain from Treasure Planet).
Actually, for variety, now that you are working, I'm sort of wondering if you are eventually going to go for a 60-75% in some picture; that is, first boot completely off and working on the second one. No saying I have a particular desire, but it would sort of "complete the set"
I wish I could come up with a few specific characters I'd like to see, but as you know, my wish list is pretty short, and, to be honest, most of them are a little to young to really be compatible with your style (Violet is a good example, the way you draw her while certainly nice, is probably some years older than she is in the actual movie.) in older form, they wouldn't look right. Udzuki's boots are short and stiff, so there's no debooting process involved (they're on or they're off; there's no middle ground) Ditto the girl from Tai Chi Chasers I mentioned; a debooting sequence wouldn't be much fun when they'd short and metal.
If you really are insistent, I think it might be interesting to try and do Homura (magical girl outfit) from the Madoka Magica series for the technical challenge, if nothing else (after all you'd be trying to do a debooting of a character whose "boots" are techically pantyhose with soles and high heels, which means they 1. would crumple when there were no legs in them (hard to draw right) and 2. are attached to each other at the top (so even when she got one off, it would be trailing down.)
And since I haven't contibuted much, this showed up today (it's on ebay so it won't be up for long. And my photo archives are down at the moment. So if you like it, SAVE IT.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Vintage-French-Poster-Tous-les-Liquides-by
-Firmin-Bouisset-1925-/131113270839?pt=Art_Posters&hash=item1e86f5be37&nma=
true&si=BYcjVs3cgAhE25%252Bp%252BJTSjnuoktA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trks
id=p2047675.l2557#ht_3399wt_1250

(Edit: Holy Belgium! Someone already BOUGHT the Damn Thing!)
02-12-2014 22:52 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
BatMad

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
That's why 1 pic is never enough. You need at least 3.

True. yet for boots, I have an ideal of 8 (!) steps

1 - Enter
2 - Show-off
3 - Look at the boots
4 - Touch the boots
5 - Tease (grabbing the top of the boot, or the zipper tab)
6 - Pull-off (what I usually draw)
7 - Heel out
8 - Bare foot

I must find the discipline to draw an 8-step sequence within the year :-D

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
I think it might be interesting to try and do Homura (magical girl outfit) from the Madoka Magica series for the technical challenge, if nothing else (after all you'd be trying to do a debooting of a character whose "boots" are technically pantyhose with soles and high heels

She's on my list! And since you asked for it, I'll gladly put her in the priority line. Thank you for the suggestion!
The technical challenge's been faced already so I have an inspiration to start from ;-)

02-14-2014 10:54 BatMad is offline Send an Email to BatMad Homepage of BatMad Search for Posts by BatMad Add BatMad to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Welcome back, BatMad. As a suggestion, make a thread in the Art section to post your art so that none of it gets lost in here and/or clogs up this thread.

02-14-2014 13:45 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by BatMad
quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
I think it might be interesting to try and do Homura (magical girl outfit) from the Madoka Magica series for the technical challenge, if nothing else (after all you'd be trying to do a debooting of a character whose "boots" are technically pantyhose with soles and high heels

She's on my list! And since you asked for it, I'll gladly put her in the priority line. Thank you for the suggestion!
The technical challenge's been faced already so I have an inspiration to start from ;-)

Yes, but as has been relentlessly pointed out both here and in the other Homura takeoff pic (http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/871444?tags=putting_on_shoes) there's a cheat there, the artist has drawn her with stockings, not hose. As was pointed out to me, Homuras footwear being tights type pantyhose (so the tops are connected) is canon.
02-14-2014 14:59 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Funny old movie theater video Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://youtu.be/xnK9JJHR7w0
03-04-2014 08:22 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1383670?tags=boot_removed(linked since it is NSFW)
03-13-2014 12:49 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

1939 Of Mice and Men shoe loss scene
http://youtu.be/axEQK_MGFu8?t=1h30m
03-19-2014 09:01 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

There's no shoe loss scene at 1m 29s. When is it then? Smile

03-19-2014 10:23 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Administrator

fixed.
03-19-2014 18:57 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Church Secrets and Legends S1EP02
http://primetv.us/church-secrets-and-legends-s01e02-hdtv-xvid-afg
In one of the sections of this Travel Channel Program, They cover the story of the only Catholic priest ever to be executed in American History. In the episode, during the trial there is a flashback to the murder he commited. Part of the flashback shows him cutting up the vicitms body. Her legs are briefly visible and she is missing one of her high white lace-up boots.
03-25-2014 12:36 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 53 54 [55] 56 57 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH