bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 46 47 [48] 49 50 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Steven Of Alabasta Steven Of Alabasta is a male

images/avatars/avatar-35.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, Viz Media did a licensed picture book (which is what I meant to say), and it did feature the scene where young Chihiro lost her shoe in the Kohaku river, and the spirit saved her from drowning.

Here it is: Spirited Away Picture Book
06-03-2013 21:25 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank You. I'ill try to find it (and buy) in Poland.

06-04-2013 16:14 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

https://www.emanga.com/reader?itemid=235&type=1#/page/5

06-13-2013 06:49 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

Nice find. I might do my own version later when I get time.
06-13-2013 13:50 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by ko962
Nice find. I might do my own version later when I get time.

It would be great to see it.

06-13-2013 16:29 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Another one from T.U.F.F. Puppy

"Dudley-do-Wrong"

After the T.U.F.F. team beats up Miss Petropolis, one of her black pumps is missing. Later at the very end of the cartoon we see her cutting a ribbon on the re-opened T.U.F.F. building and she still has a pump on one foot which is about the only part of her that isn't in a cast (nomally I don't count people in cases as being single shoe candidates, but since the cast she has on has toes, it probably does in this case.)
06-28-2013 00:45 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

great little shoe thief video

http://youtu.be/UWnzY2efyeM
07-02-2013 18:17 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

here is a nice one shoe clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItdyQJREQ...49YgRag&index=1
07-02-2013 19:30 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by omega
In the third episode of the X-men anime Armor loses her shoe.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/x-men-...-english-dubbed

6:08

I also think that there's a scene in the first episode Iron Man anime that implies a news reporter lost her shoe getting through a crowd.

Yes, there is. The reporter, named Naname, tries to ask Tony Stark about his new arc station in Tokyo, trips, but before it comes off all the way, it cuts to her landing in Tony's arms. Tony tries to flirt with her, and she slaps him in response. And it's implied that Tony liked it.
07-02-2013 23:46 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Administrator

http://egl.livejournal.com/11059268.html

cute little photo story involving shoe loss.
07-03-2013 17:05 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Alabasta
quote:
Originally posted by omega
In the third episode of the X-men anime Armor loses her shoe.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/x-men-...-english-dubbed

6:08

I also think that there's a scene in the first episode Iron Man anime that implies a news reporter lost her shoe getting through a crowd.

Yes, there is. The reporter, named Naname, tries to ask Tony Stark about his new arc station in Tokyo, trips, but before it comes off all the way, it cuts to her landing in Tony's arms. Tony tries to flirt with her, and she slaps him in response. And it's implied that Tony liked it.

It's on Crackle, 11 mins in

http://www.crackle.com/c/marvel-anime-ironman
07-03-2013 17:08 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Another single shoed Jane Cosplayer http://dreamofdiscord.deviantart.com/art/In-The-Land-Of-Daydreams-382228325

Pity the Cinderella is in the back, so we can't see her feet
07-03-2013 23:53 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

Do you remember my earlier posts about 'Barcelona' theatre play?
Here are finally some tiny bit of video with the heroine wearing one shoe!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4O4Vjj6FHQ

07-07-2013 14:35 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Double Ace

It remembers me, when an actress played in "Morality of Mrs. Dulska" lost one of her houseslippers on stage, but completely by accident.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 07-07-2013 16:29.

07-07-2013 16:25 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by hunter77721
It remembers me, when an actress played in "Morality of Mrs. Dulska" lost one of her houseslippers on stage, but completely by accident.

That happens a lot of the times in plays/musicals, especially one's with dance numbers with a lot of kicks (why do you think most female tap and dance shoes have straps?) . I seem to recall reading about an actress who kicked one of her shoes into the audience during the "Happy to Keep his Dinner Warm" number in the touring version of the most recent revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Somewhere else on the web I seem to recall an account of a similar incident during a dance number in a production of the ORIGINAL Broadway version of Singin' in the Rain (During "Good Morning", I think) and in the last number of a production of Annie
07-07-2013 22:47 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Another Japanese Oz video. This is that one I mentioned a LONG time ago (the one that, as far as I know has never been released in any English version and that's damn hard to find even in the Japanese one. Shoe loss starts around 8:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2durbQ8-98
07-12-2013 21:57 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

http://thesis-d.deviantart.com/art/When-...-Snap-385020829
07-13-2013 07:02 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade

The photo and the story are really nice. Anyway, I have a mixture of old and new stuff.

The ending to Mobile Suit Gundam Wing has a relatively good single shoe scene. The female lead, Relena, has her right shoe and sock taken off and is stroking a dog's belly with her bare foot; viewable at 22:57 here Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 7

A repost of the Azumanga Daioh scene where Osaka kicks off her shoe and loses it on a passing truck. Osaka Shoe Weather Prediction It's even become a bit of a minor meme, with the scene being edited to show the shoe blowing up an aircraft carrier or into the time that someone threw a shoe at President Bush on his final visit to Iraq.

Next, a repost of the Nichijou clip where Yuko loses her shoe on a car (similarly to how Osaka did), chases after it, trips, then loses the OTHER shoe. Augury, A Shoe, and A Dog Named Buddy It turns out that was the footage that made me watch the show.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but there's another loss in the anime from robotic girl Nano in an earlier episode-in fact, the very first episode. She chases after a cat who took their fish, loses one of her sandals, and crashes into someone so hard she causes a nuclear explosion (similar to the one that opened Akira) Nichijou Nuclear crash Later on, Nano is stuck on the roof of someone else's house, wondering how she's going to get down, still missing it; as well as her hand. Nichijou Robot In the manga, she was heading to school, and lost her school shoes under similar conditions.

Finally, a repost of the clip from the Street Fighter Alpha movie where Sakura loses her sneaker in a fashion similarly to how she does when she wins in the games, and leaves it behind to look for Ryu. Street Fighter Alpha: Looking For Ryu

Apparently, that win pose is no longer in the games; and her character can be customized to fight barefoot. Even so, I still play the older games as Sakura for that alone, and apparently the SOTA action figure even comes with a little shoe as one of the accessories.

There. I think I fixed it. Sorry I've been gone so long. I've been looking for work and getting ready to go back to school.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Steven Of Alabasta: 08-14-2013 01:26.

07-16-2013 01:17 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

I thought you were actually rehosting clips that were hard to find out we're taken down, but if you're not, reposting them really isn't necessary.

07-16-2013 01:32 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Administrator

http://andrseto.deviantart.com/art/Aiyum...rt-25-385662515

Cute Katomi is lifted out of her loose fitting mary janes.
07-16-2013 06:12 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 46 47 [48] 49 50 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH