bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 44 45 [46] 47 48 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's something that hasn't been posted yet: wrestling.

TNA: Cookie loses her boot.

WWE: Melissa loses her boot, and Lita gets her shoe pulled off.

04-09-2013 22:07 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I may have already posted this (don't remember) but I found the following link to a live action production of Munsch's Pigs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IX5f1VD9CM

Interestingly, while the lead character does not appear to lose one of her shoes (probably no time to pull one off while the kids are trampling her), she does seem to be wearing mismatched ones (though since the shot is too far away to really see the brown one clearly, it is possible that only the straps are mismatched, i.e. she is wearing a pair of sandals with straps in contrasting colors)

also while digging through my old Photbuket files I managed to dig up some scans I made of those Shageldian Oz illstrations I mentioned. As I said there are no single shoe pictures in these (well not in any of the one's I have, but I only own the first two books and hence the first four stories) But I did find two that might be of interest in there, the first one of Dorothy in the silver shoes (showing how ludicrously oversized they are) and the last one from the Wizard section, showing her after the magic shoes have blown her back home and been lost (and giving her an expression that has always seemed a little odd to me, as if the magic shoes trip did something rather naughty to her, and she liked it)
(will put up second one tomorrow)
04-13-2013 01:11 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
also while digging through my old Photbuket files I managed to dig up some scans I made of those Shageldian Oz illstrations I mentioned. As I said there are no single shoe pictures in these (well not in any of the one's I have, but I only own the first two books and hence the first four stories) But I did find two that might be of interest in there, the first one of Dorothy in the silver shoes (showing how ludicrously oversized they are) and the last one from the Wizard section, showing her after the magic shoes have blown her back home and been lost (and giving her an expression that has always seemed a little odd to me, as if the magic shoes trip did something rather naughty to her, and she liked it)
(will put up second one tomorrow)

I love his art style.
04-13-2013 05:19 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

one shoe walk Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEG5W_CLCGE

just the walk, not shown when the shoe Comes off nor why she isn't putting it on again ...
04-13-2013 12:51 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Me too, there is something almost Seussian about his style (look a the below picture of Jeliia Jamb)
[img][/IMG]

Or this pair, Ozma as she appeared at the end of Land

[img][/IMG]

and now in Ozma (she's the shorter one)
[img][/IMG]

and finally the other one I promsied from yesterday (dorothy after she got home)
[img][/IMG]

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 04-13-2013 13:01.

04-13-2013 12:56 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Me too, there is something almost Seussian about his style (look a the below picture of Jeliia Jamb)
[img][/IMG]

Or this pair, Ozma as she appeared at the end of Land

[img][/IMG]

and now in Ozma (she's the shorter one)
[img][/IMG]

and finally the other one I promsied from yesterday (dorothy after she got home)
[img][/IMG]

Love that last one. Do you have any other illustrations of the scenes where Dorothy loses her shoes when she flies home, and after she lands? I've seen the WW Denslow illustrations but not any of the others.
04-14-2013 08:40 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Two other things that i found:
fairy
and:
Amazing stories cover

04-14-2013 09:45 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake

Love that last one. Do you have any other illustrations of the scenes where Dorothy loses her shoes when she flies home, and after she lands? I've seen the WW Denslow illustrations but not any of the others.

I don't know. Or more accurately, I do have a few, but most of them are in those files I mentioned, the one's I keep elsewhere and can't just go and fetch on the spur of the moment. Given my interests, I've only really paid attention to those versions where dorothy is Mid loss in the picture (lost one hasn't lost the other yet), and there aren't that many of those. It's a bit like trying to find ones of her putting the shoes on that are mid change. It's just not all that popular a scene to illustrate I think I saw one in a coloring book, one in an Romaninan edtion, one in a Russian one and one in the book that came with a record. Next time I get to where I put all those files, I'll try to remember to check through them, but that probably won't be for a while.
As for post landing sans shoes I have seen quite a lot of them (most Oz books over a certain level will have that picture; it's usually only the very abridged versions that have her keep them) But I have no particualr interest in no shoe pictures, I never bothered to make any particular note of them. I remember I HAD a copy (I sold it to another Oz collector about a year ago) of a large Korean edition that had a particualry interesting version where Dorothy basically rockets out of the shoes. I also recall another Korean one, a graphich novel version (again don't have it anymore) which had a rather funny take on the other end. In that one Dorothy doesn't want to take the silver shoes, so the Witch of the North bashes her over the head with her staff, knocks her down, rips her boots off and jams the silver shoes on her feet! Actually now that I think of it the first Korean one I mentioned had a variation, the witch did the MGM trick (waves her wand and makes the silver shoes appear on Dorothy's feet, no need for her to go over fetch then and put them on herself)
04-14-2013 15:00 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
quote:

I don't know. Or more accurately, I do have a few, but most of them are in those files I mentioned, the one's I keep elsewhere and can't just go and fetch on the spur of the moment. Given my interests, I've only really paid attention to those versions where dorothy is Mid loss in the picture (lost one hasn't lost the other yet), and there aren't that many of those. It's a bit like trying to find ones of her putting the shoes on that are mid change. It's just not all that popular a scene to illustrate I think I saw one in a coloring book, one in an Romaninan edtion, one in a Russian one and one in the book that came with a record. Next time I get to where I put all those files, I'll try to remember to check through them, but that probably won't be for a while.
As for post landing sans shoes I have seen quite a lot of them (most Oz books over a certain level will have that picture; it's usually only the very abridged versions that have her keep them) But I have no particualr interest in no shoe pictures, I never bothered to make any particular note of them. I remember I HAD a copy (I sold it to another Oz collector about a year ago) of a large Korean edition that had a particualry interesting version where Dorothy basically rockets out of the shoes. I also recall another Korean one, a graphich novel version (again don't have it anymore) which had a rather funny take on the other end. In that one Dorothy doesn't want to take the silver shoes, so the Witch of the North bashes her over the head with her staff, knocks her down, rips her boots off and jams the silver shoes on her feet! Actually now that I think of it the first Korean one I mentioned had a variation, the witch did the MGM trick (waves her wand and makes the silver shoes appear on Dorothy's feet, no need for her to go over fetch then and put them on herself)

Awesome, I'd love to see all of those actually, especially the Korean ones you mentioned. I understand that a lot of people here prefer single shoe loss to both shoes getting lost. But I have no such preference, I like them both. Actually, I think I slightly prefer both shoes lost, since I don't see it as often as used to anymore.
04-14-2013 19:39 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
quote:
quote:

Awesome, I'd love to see all of those actually, especially the Korean ones you mentioned. I understand that a lot of people here prefer single shoe loss to both shoes getting lost. But I have no such preference, I like them both. Actually, I think I slightly prefer both shoes lost, since I don't see it as often as used to anymore.

You CAN'T see the Korean ones, as I said I don't HAVE either of them anymore (I sold the first one) and the second one disintegrated and was disposed of ages ago.
04-14-2013 23:53 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Steven Of Alabasta Steven Of Alabasta is a male

images/avatars/avatar-35.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2012

[IMG]522102_10151552948618464_14436 73225_n.jpg (15 KB)[/IMG]
[IMG]kami_sama_dolls_003.jpg (14 KB)[/IMG]
Hey guys. I haven't posted in a while since I was in the middle of moving, and haven't even been coming here as much as I'd like to. With that said, I'm glad to be back.

First off, I am dismayed over the Red's Planet development, but I guess I should have seen it coming (I did see the author's Deviant Art page, but I assumed it was just an earlier draft. Looks like he ended up using it.). I'm a monosandalist, as you call it, but I guess the people that like the loss of both shoes are solid.

Enough about that. Now I have a link, as discovered in an earlier strip's comments. It's another backup of a dead link, of one of the Totally Spies losses. The episode is called Creepy Crawly Much. Totally Spies, Creepy Crawly Much? 17:06

I also have a couple photos. Both are a couple anime promotional images. From Strike Witches, there is Nipa and Sasha (I haven't gotten very far, so I don't know which is which) on a broom, and one of them loses their shoe.

The other is from Kamisama Dolls, with a girl with blue hair in a kimono losing one of her sandals.

Steven Of Alabasta has attached these images (downsized versions):
522102_10151552948618464_1443673225_n.jpg kami_sama_dolls_003.jpg

04-15-2013 03:29 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Alabasta
[IMG]522102_10151552948618464_14436 73225_n.jpg (15 KB)[/IMG]
[IMG]kami_sama_dolls_003.jpg (14 KB)[/IMG]
Hey guys. I haven't posted in a while since I was in the middle of moving, and haven't even been coming here as much as I'd like to. With that said, I'm glad to be back.

First off, I am dismayed over the Red's Planet development, but I guess I should have seen it coming (I did see the author's Deviant Art page, but I assumed it was just an earlier draft. Looks like he ended up using it.). I'm a monosandalist, as you call it, but I guess the people that like the loss of both shoes are solid.

Enough about that. Now I have a link, as discovered in an earlier strip's comments. It's another backup of a dead link, of one of the Totally Spies losses. The episode is called Creepy Crawly Much. Totally Spies, Creepy Crawly Much? 17:06

I also have a couple photos. Both are a couple anime promotional images. From Strike Witches, there is Nipa and Sasha (I haven't gotten very far, so I don't know which is which) on a broom, and one of them loses their shoe.

The other is from Kamisama Dolls, with a girl with blue hair in a kimono losing one of her sandals.

I've seen some of those already, but great finds.
04-15-2013 12:29 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You CAN'T see the Korean ones, as I said I don't HAVE either of them anymore (I sold the first one) and the second one disintegrated and was disposed of ages ago.

I know, it's cool. I was just saying that I'd like to see them, not making any requests for you to post them.
04-15-2013 12:29 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
I know, it's cool. I was just saying that I'd like to see them, not making any requests for you to post them.

by going through my old emials I was able to at least retrive a picture of the COVER of the first Korean one (the "rocket shoes" one) that I made when I was offering it to the person who bought it, and which will at least give you a warning should you ever bump into a copy yourself (I do think I saw copies being sold a Koryo books in Manhattan at one point, though that was literally years ago)

I also found this, from another Oz book I sold a while back (a Japanese one, with illustrations adapted from Denslow)

And while the other Korean one is long gone, I seem to recall that that one DID have some single shoe pics from the WWW scenes. If it did, I probably removed them and put them in the files, so they should be there when I get a chance to go through them.
04-15-2013 14:30 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
quote:

by going through my old emials I was able to at least retrive a picture of the COVER of the first Korean one (the "rocket shoes" one) that I made when I was offering it to the person who bought it, and which will at least give you a warning should you ever bump into a copy yourself (I do think I saw copies being sold a Koryo books in Manhattan at one point, though that was literally years ago)

I also found this, from another Oz book I sold a while back (a Japanese one, with illustrations adapted from Denslow)

And while the other Korean one is long gone, I seem to recall that that one DID have some single shoe pics from the WWW scenes. If it did, I probably removed them and put them in the files, so they should be there when I get a chance to go through them.

Cool thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them.
04-15-2013 14:50 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Well, finding a copy of the Japanese one is probably going to be tricky. If I recall that one was 1. old, like from the 1960's or '70's (to put this in prespective, I have difficulty finding copies of out of print Japanese childrens books if they are any more that 4-5 months out of print, that's how quick they tend to go from "out of print" to "almost impossible to find"). and 2. part of a multistory book, which means there was probably no sign of the Oz content from the cover (and I think I forgot to do a cover scan of that one before I sold it. I THINK it had a bunch of pictures of buildings {it was volume #13 of a series coverting world literature).

UPDATE
Oh wait I forgot I still have a copy of Volume 27 of the same series lying around (I'm holding it for a German book collector who specializes in Baron von Munchausen) So you at least can have a clue what the slipcase looks like

Also I have another Tv update. Last night's American Dad("The Missing Kink") had no actual shoe losses by Francine. However during a lot of the spanking scenes, she was dangling quite a bit.
04-15-2013 16:20 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

another Betty blue. This is by the British Childrens book illustrator Eric Kinkaid

I also may have a new TV reference to keep your eyes peeled for. I understand that Cartoon Networks Adult Swim is bringing back IGPX. Whether they meant the are bringing back the previos seasons or they are actually doing a new one, I don't know. But if they are bringing back the old season, I seem to recall a shoe loss in one of the episodes from season 2. I don't remember which one, since it's been a while, plus I missed that paricular episode (due to Cartoon network getting thier dates and times RIGHT for a change) but I seem to recall it being something along the lines of one of the racers, (the timid girl one, with the talking cat) running on a treadmill, and suddent collapsing, losing one of her sneakers in the process.
04-28-2013 04:05 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
another Betty blue. This is by the British Childrens book illustrator Eric Kinkaid

I also may have a new TV reference to keep your eyes peeled for. I understand that Cartoon Networks Adult Swim is bringing back IGPX. Whether they meant the are bringing back the previos seasons or they are actually doing a new one, I don't know. But if they are bringing back the old season, I seem to recall a shoe loss in one of the episodes from season 2. I don't remember which one, since it's been a while, plus I missed that paricular episode (due to Cartoon network getting thier dates and times RIGHT for a change) but I seem to recall it being something along the lines of one of the racers, (the timid girl one, with the talking cat) running on a treadmill, and suddent collapsing, losing one of her sneakers in the process.

I love that picture. Her stockings look so pretty.
04-28-2013 07:40 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

The beautiful Renate Richter (Julia Dietze) gets debooted by the villain, Wolfgang Kortzfleisch (Udo Kier). From Iron Sky (2012).

http://youtu.be/56T-1UwkUK8
04-30-2013 04:11 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

Why both boots?! Bloody Hollywood! She should have been left wearing one!

04-30-2013 18:57 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 44 45 [46] 47 48 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH