bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 43 44 [45] 46 47 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd actually say the cat feet, if you'd get rid of the pink sole and just made it white. Human looks a bit weird, especially with the toe nails being orange.

03-28-2013 22:45 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ko962
quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
quote:
I do agree with you her bare foot is too big and wide to fit the boot, but in a world of cat people anything is possable. I gave her catfeet but I also have done some with human feet, I can now ask which is better?
I only did it as a one off picture.

Human if you were planning to do it as a series, especially since she has human legs (if she had cat legs the "knees" would be pointing the other way and she couldn't stand erect). for a one off, it's fine as it stands, it's a fantasy after all.

What do you think of these one is human feet and the othe is cat feet but redized to fit the boot.

Better

And now for a little bad news on the "Red's Planet Front" As I though Might happen (based on the art panels I saw on Deviant) In the current panel, and alien has stolen Red's remaining sneaker, so she's now shoe free. http://www.redsplanet.com/comic/rp/ch03/chapter-three-36/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 03-31-2013 17:22.

03-29-2013 00:31 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

I'm planning on making a Stupid Bet live action adaption I've got the location and the models for it!
04-02-2013 06:40 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
Originally posted by omega
I'm planning on making a Stupid Bet live action adaption I've got the location and the models for it!

Nice! Looking forward to it.
04-02-2013 08:59 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
quote:

Nice! Looking forward to it.

Wow that sounds great.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ko962: 04-02-2013 17:02.

04-02-2013 17:02 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

quote:

Ooh, that's interesting. Personally, I'd rather see you do something original, seeing as fantomaZ is already remaking it, but it's your money. Tongue

04-02-2013 17:39 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Kindred

images/avatars/avatar-3.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2011

New clip at Heroine Universe's Clip Store

Enjoy

Kindred

Kindred has attached this image (reduced version):
thief.jpg

04-03-2013 07:33 Kindred is offline Send an Email to Kindred Search for Posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Some things that I've found on russian site:
Martine
http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/budgi21/_myphoto/s-4425.png
Tatti
Jenny

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 04-03-2013 16:46.

04-03-2013 16:40 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by hunter77721
Martine
Tatti
Jenny

I love that Tatti one. The art style is great, I went through all the pictures, although it looks like it's out of order, either that or some pics are missing. I'd love to read the story that goes along with it.
04-03-2013 17:11 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
New clip at Heroine Universe's Clip Store

Enjoy

Kindred

This guy does great work. He's the one that did the original poser comic adaptation of my Chun Li vs Morrigan debooting match story way back 2006.
04-03-2013 17:12 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
quote:
Originally posted by hunter77721
Martine
Tatti
Jenny

I love that Tatti one. The art style is great, I went through all the pictures, although it looks like it's out of order, either that or some pics are missing. I'd love to read the story that goes along with it.

I recognize the style; that's Shageldian's work (He did a series of Oz books in Russian, which is how I know him). Despite the book being in Russian, Shageldian himself is actually Armenian. The Wizard of Oz in that series does not have a shoe loss (though I think he did a version of Volkov's A Wizard of Emerald Town that did) but the comically oversized shoes are prevalent there as well.
04-03-2013 21:48 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

quote:

best setting would be in my opinion if the victims are not fully informed about what might happen. make it a real bet - so to speak. they have to keep their feet where they are no matter what happens if they want to win the bet Tongue
04-04-2013 01:14 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
abzapthane
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-07-2012

jfIdv0r2s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shocked jfIdv0r2s

Here's a clip from the terrible 1998 remake of the Avengers staring Uma Thurman. This is probably the only redeeming clip in the whole movie.

She gets her boots removed (wearing orange tights and orange socks), then switches to black boots. Not really a loss, but I remember watching it and thinking this must be a tease for something to happen in later scenes.... but no.

Edit: Link doesn't seem to work properly, youtube the key words: Uma is Too Tight

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by abzapthane: 04-04-2013 04:34.

04-04-2013 04:33 abzapthane is offline Send an Email to abzapthane Search for Posts by abzapthane Add abzapthane to your Buddy List
abzapthane
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-07-2012

One more clip to share, from the campy B movie Iron Sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoC9shvpiwc

The main antagonist attacks the main woman. He trips her and starts pulling off her ankle boots and leaves her in her black stockings.

She finally finishes him off by sticking her boot heel into his head.
04-04-2013 04:45 abzapthane is offline Send an Email to abzapthane Search for Posts by abzapthane Add abzapthane to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by abzapthane
One more clip to share, from the campy B movie Iron Sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoC9shvpiwc

The main antagonist attacks the main woman. He trips her and starts pulling off her ankle boots and leaves her in her black stockings.

She finally finishes him off by sticking her boot heel into his head.

I'd love to watch this. Unfortunately it's blocked in my country.
04-04-2013 06:57 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by fantomaZ
quote:

best setting would be in my opinion if the victims are not fully informed about what might happen. make it a real bet - so to speak. they have to keep their feet where they are no matter what happens if they want to win the bet Tongue

I agree, but unless you know the girls very well I wouldn't recommend this. When hiring models you really should let them know what's in store for them, and don't surprise them, even if it's just an innocent thing like shoe stealing or tickling, just to stay on the safe side. If you still want to surprise them you can ask them if they're okay with that first.
04-04-2013 21:57 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

This one is more on the line of a speculative shoe loss guess rather than an actual example. That is, while there has been no loss so far, I think it is possible there will be one in the future
It is my belief that Adventure time may feature a single shoe scene in some upcomping episode that features Marcie (i.e. Marceline when she was a Child) through there series we have had some brief flashback of marcie childhood just after the Mushroom Wars (i.e. when she was with Simon Petrov, before he became Ice King) The first time we saw her (which chrononlogically is probably the most recent to the AT present day she had a ragged dress and blouse and was wearing one torn sock. The second time (which is probably the furthest back) she was wearing the same clothes, but they were in perfect condition, and she had two socks and two brown mary janes (there is actually an even earlier one in one of the comics but she looks the same as she does here). The third most recent apperance appear to occur a bit later than the last one (Simon's beard and nose are longer and one of the lenses of his glasses is now cracked.) Simons clothes are now a little ragged (though not as ragged as they were the first time) She still has both shoes but now she's missing one sock. So my guess is as follows, the next time we see Marcie in a flashback it's probably going to be at some point in her history between the last bit and the first appearance (maybe when Ice King actually abandons her) and given the degradation of her clothing, it is entirely possible that she will be missing one of her shoes by that point.
And another Scooby Doo, Mystery Incorporated one.

In #52 (Coming apart) the very last episode of the current season (and probably the series) (It was just on today, so I doube there is an online link yet). After the Gang destroy the evil cosmic entity (no I'm not going to try and explain that further, to do so would require summarizing the whole show from episode 1) The gan find themselves in an alternate reality, one where the evil entity had never existed (and hence, had never tainted any of the innumerable people it had in thiers). In on of the "getting used to the new world" scene Velma was in her room on her bed with Marcie (i.e. "Hot Dog Water") planning a science project (in this world they are close friends) and unlike all the previos times we have seen her on her bed, she wasn't wearing her shoes (and neither was Marcie, so I guess it's a twofer)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 04-06-2013 01:22.

04-05-2013 01:04 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Double Ace

quote:
quote:
quote:
I do agree with you her bare foot is too big and wide to fit the boot, but in a world of cat people anything is possable. I gave her catfeet but I also have done some with human feet, I can now ask which is better?
I only did it as a one off picture.

Human if you were planning to do it as a series, especially since she has human legs (if she had cat legs the "knees" would be pointing the other way and she couldn't stand erect). for a one off, it's fine as it stands, it's a fantasy after all.

What do you think of these one is human feet and the othe is cat feet but redized to fit the boot.

I think, that the third version is the best of them. I only wish, that she was wearing a roman tunic or greek peplos, of course, only one sandal with it.

04-06-2013 19:38 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
quote:
Speaking of Adult swim programs, Bleach has a few shoe loss scenes as well. There was an episode way back (in the #50's I think) with a bird that was the reincarnation of a little kid, and when you see his flashback of when he and his mother were killed, his mother has one of her slingbacks knocked off in the struggle. The small blond haired Vizard is also often shown in one flip flop, since she likes to knock people over the head with the other one. There is going to be an episode (it hasn't shown yet on AS) where Soifon is going to kick one of her slippers off to keep from her foot rotting (after it is hit by an Arrancars attack).

It was on this previos Saturday. Sorry for no time mark, the counter seem to be malfuntioncing (and the youtube one freezes before it gets to the scene) http://www.animeavenue.net/bleach-episode-281/

Interesting update on this. As I said, in the episode linked Soifon has her slipper back a nano second after she kicks it off. However in last night's episode (I'll have to get back to you on the number) there was a scene where the remaining Soul Reapers gather around to protect Ichigo. Soifon has a brief talking scene, and in that one, it appears her slipper is missing again.
04-07-2013 14:31 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Double Ace

An postcard, that i find:
dropped shoe

(I think, that ko962's Kitty would be look great in that situation)

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 04-07-2013 15:18.

04-07-2013 15:15 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 43 44 [45] 46 47 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH