bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 41 42 [43] 44 45 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I forgot about that removal scene, but yes you are right.

quote:
Including at least one middle one (i.e. one off one to go) the very cold newspaper comic adapataion has a midway one too, but finding copies of that (even in the book for that came out a few years ago) is a lot harder.

What do you mean by middle one?
03-09-2013 04:41 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
I forgot about that removal scene, but yes you are right.

quote:
Including at least one middle one (i.e. one off one to go) the very cold newspaper comic adapataion has a midway one too, but finding copies of that (even in the book for that came out a few years ago) is a lot harder.

What do you mean by middle one?

I meant a picture in the middle of the process of removing her shoes, when she has removed one but not the other. And that was supposed to be "old" not "cold"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 03-09-2013 06:08.

03-09-2013 06:06 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Something I've found one the web:
limeric
Nothing special, but nice in its own way.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 03-10-2013 09:24.

03-09-2013 21:11 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

Oh YES nice one
03-09-2013 22:14 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Double Ace

And two more:

Polish actress, Anna Mucha ("mucha" means "a fly" in Polish), posing with one of her shoes off:
Anna Mucha

And caught during changing her shoes after a car ride:
Anna Mucha

EDIT:
From Polish blogs:
Folk dancer has lost her shoe on stage:
Folk dancer
and two more:

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 03-10-2013 15:53.

03-10-2013 09:29 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by hunter77721

Folk dancer
and two more:

That reminds me of a curios video I saw on Youtube of some sort of Slovak Folk dance in whic heach of the girl dancers has one boot on her foot and swings the other around in thier hand. I have no idea what this is about, but perhaps someone here does (on the grounds that possibly either Poland or Russia has a similar dance.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kno5lxmOzKs
03-10-2013 17:46 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo

That reminds me of a curios video I saw on Youtube of some sort of Slovak Folk dance in whic heach of the girl dancers has one boot on her foot and swings the other around in thier hand. I have no idea what this is about, but perhaps someone here does (on the grounds that possibly either Poland or Russia has a similar dance.)

I'm afraid, that not in Poland. I don't hear about it.

03-10-2013 19:31 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

I found a pretty nice video
03-10-2013 23:48 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

That's a really nice find.

03-11-2013 00:06 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Steven Of Alabasta Steven Of Alabasta is a male

images/avatars/avatar-35.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2012

ichigo-mashimaro-chapter-18-pa ge-10.png

I've been off for a little while, I'm going to be posting less since I'm moving later this month. For now, I have a page from the manga that one Ichigo Mashimaro episode is based on; wherein Anna takes off her sneaker and drops it to decide which direction to go.

I also have this project I'm working on to help back up some of the dead links that are accumulating in the earlier parts of the thread, if that's all right with you all.

Steven Of Alabasta has attached this image (reduced version):
ichigo-mashimaro-chapter-18-page-10.png

03-12-2013 03:36 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Pulled my comics off the shelf

The Shoe loss in the Hutchison Oz manga (Land of Oz, Vol#4)

and the one from the Shantower/Young Ozma (Ozma of Oz, Vol#1)

03-12-2013 13:36 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Great finds,

Speaking of the Oz books, has anyone seen the new film? Are there any scenes of interest to this thread? I'm not sure if this is based on any of the 40 main books of the series, but is it canon at all to the books? Or more of a prequel to the 1937 film?
03-12-2013 19:59 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

The New Oz is a prequel to the original Wizard of Oz film, but takes some elements from various stories. Not sure if it's canon but they already hava sequel in the works.

Croissant de Triomphe: I found this randomly while searching a forum I frequent; it's the first of 19 new Mickey Mouse shorts produced by a French studio. Around the 2:30-40 mark there's a Cinderella cameo where she's about to try on the glass slipper, but Mickey crashes in and the prince drops it and it shatter; there's no shoe loss per se (since she's about to put it on and doesn't have a shoe on her other foot) but I thought it was worth mentioning.

03-12-2013 23:34 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRMLeOsba54

Girl loses shoes while riding mechanical bull.
03-13-2013 08:51 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
quote:
Originally posted by hunter77721

Folk dancer
and two more:

Russia definitely has no similar dance.

03-13-2013 11:54 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Another movie scene that I remembered last night (sorry not time to find a link or a track note)

Amadeus towards the end of the movie there is a scene where a drunk Amadeus is playing piano at some sort of party with a lot of women (probably courtesans) just after the scene where one of then tried to sing along with his playing, there is a brief shot of another of them kicking her slipper up into her hand. It's not a great scene (her legs are well below frame, so you don't see either of her feet) but I though it might be of note.

EDIT

Just back from my weekly city trip and I have a few more finds

First a manga [IMG] http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7...A96234%3Bnu0mrj [/IMG]
[IMG] http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7F...%3C734%3Bnu0mrj [/IMG][IMG] http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7F...4%3A34%3Bnu0mrj [/IMG]

I am including a scan of the cover in case anyone wants to go to one of the manga reading sites. Though I'm not sure if its going to be finable there, it's #484 in this manga series (to put this in perspective, they are currently pubilishing books around the 2200's so it may actually be too OLD to be there

[IMG] http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7F...%3C434%3Bnu0mrj [/IMG]

there was also a copy of that oversized version of Miruki-Chan in Wonderland so here is that shoe loss picture they cut from the manga sized translation

[IMG] http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7F...4%3B34%3Bnu0mrj [/IMG]

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 03-14-2013 02:28.

03-13-2013 12:30 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Steven Of Alabasta Steven Of Alabasta is a male

images/avatars/avatar-35.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2012

Vision of Escaflowne Episode 21 8:00

Project A-Ko 22:45

Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Episode 9 6:33

The Life and Times of Juniper Lee episode 3 20:29

As I said, here are some backups of the dead links from earlier in the thread. Since I started reading this forum and since I joined, I found out that Escaflowne and Project A-Ko are considered classics of sorts in the anime medium.

I admit, I never really watched Puffy Ami Yumi or Juniper Lee when I was younger, but they seem to be decent shows. Regarding the Juniper Lee link, it's too bad that Juniper Lee herself didn't lose her shoe, but it's OK. As for Puffy Ami Yumi- my knowledge of them comes from the fact that they sang the theme song to Teen Titans. Typically, serious episodes were sung in English, and silly ones were sung in Japanese.

By the way, what do you all think about this Teen Titans Go show that's going to be replacing Young Justice in April? I'm personally going to watch it since I like the original show and the shorts that play on the DC Nation block.
03-15-2013 22:41 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Another one for Batmad

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1377983?tags=single_shoe
03-17-2013 00:22 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Kindred

images/avatars/avatar-3.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2011

New spin on Disney Princesses... Amazing artist with a loss by Cinderella...

http://erikson1.deviantart.com/art/Hostile-Takeover-360515132?q=gallery%3Ae
rikson1&qo=0

Enjoy

Kindred
03-21-2013 05:17 Kindred is offline Send an Email to Kindred Search for Posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
New spin on Disney Princesses... Amazing artist with a loss by Cinderella...

http://erikson1.deviantart.com/art/Hostile-Takeover-360515132?q=gallery%3Ae
rikson1&qo=0

Enjoy

Kindred

Nice!
03-21-2013 08:56 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 41 42 [43] 44 45 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH