bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 38 39 [40] 41 42 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Gentlemen, this is priceless!
http://youtu.be/KUQgf0V7z10?t=7m46s
http://youtu.be/KUQgf0V7z10?t=10m20s

01-08-2013 08:17 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow very nice video clip. I have seen this one before, but I can watch it over and over again it is one hell off a turn on !!!!!!!!!!
01-08-2013 23:34 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Steven Of Alabasta Steven Of Alabasta is a male

images/avatars/avatar-35.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2012

A couple attachments for you all. One is something from Lucky Star; with Konata, Kagami, and Tsukasa each having one of their sandals off while they sit at a Japanese temple; with their sandal-free feet on the deck.

The other is a cosplay piece from Binbogami Ga!, an anime that's been brought up several times in this thread (because of this, I started watching it for the single shoe thing and found myself getting enrobed in the story and animation; which has happened more than once.). Appropriately enough, the Momiji cosplayer has a bare left foot and a worn-out loafer on her right foot; symbolizing her appearance as a poverty god.

Steven Of Alabasta has attached these images (downsized versions):
270379_10151332231464594_672076717_n.jpeg 74371_586479858045062_329512927_n.jpeg

01-10-2013 03:22 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Nice, though technically Momji's loafer should be mashed down in the back like pretty much every worn out shoe in Japan (because it is preferable in Japan to not touch your shoes when you put them on, most well worn "around the house" shoes tend to get backs that are mashed down, so they can just be slipped on) It is that way in the anime.
01-10-2013 14:26 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

That's probably why their shoes come off so easily.
01-11-2013 19:30 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's ceartainly a big part of it, Another part that actually comes from that tradtion is that (at least when you are talking about around the house qiuck errand, it is considered to be OK to use any aviailable pair, whether or not they are acutally yours (seeing a 50 year old Japanese man running to the corner store wearing his wife's slip on heeled mules is not at all an uncommon sight in Japan, not is it considered at all odd (unless, as my copy of You Know You've Lived In Japan Too Long.... points out tyou decide to paint your toenails first Big Grin ) I suspect it all comes from the period of Japanese history up until around the Meji Revolution where pretty much the only kind of shoes ANYONE wore in Japan were slip on sandals of one kind or another. I also personally suspect the "no hands if you can help it" tradtion also explains why the shoe of choice for school uniforms is the loafer with variants of the mary jane a second for younger grades as opposed to the west (where there is a pretty even split between loafers, basic tennis shoes/sneakers oxfords and flats of some sort) The fact you can put a loafer on by slipping it on and adjusting it actually can be done with a tap of the toe or a single finger (read, no laces to tie) probably is considered a plus (even if you do take them off as soon as you get to school and put on your school shoes (those fabric and elastic things you see in anime).
01-11-2013 22:46 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

quote:
the Momiji cosplayer has a bare left foot and a worn-out loafer on her right foot; symbolizing her appearance as a poverty god.

Unless my eyesight is crooked is a weird way without me knowing, she has a shoe on her left foot and a bare right foot. Cool Tongue

01-12-2013 12:24 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Black Mirror: Princess Susannah loses one of her black high heeled pumps at the end. (39:20) http://www.putlocker.com/file/FC383AFDB2308D15#
01-13-2013 22:52 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Black Mirror: Princess Susannah loses one of her black high heeled pumps at the end. (39:20) http://www.putlocker.com/file/FC383AFDB2308D15#

Can you upload it somewhere else? I tried downloading and got a link to this shady putlocker installer.

mediafire is a better choice.
01-14-2013 01:37 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Here's a player link instead: http://www.watch-tvseries.net/series13/B...National-Anthem

01-14-2013 15:39 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List

These three pages are from Yotsuba&!, which has the same author as the previously-mentioned Azumanga Daioh.

Yotsuba and Koiwai are playing a game on a swing that involves kicking off one of their shoes as far as they can. One commenter on the website where I got these images from even said they expected a truck to drive by as the shoes are about to land.

By the way, it turns out Osaka losing her shoe has become a bit of a mild internet meme, with the video being doctored to have the shoe blow up an aircraft carrier; get crushed by a Thwomp from the Mario games; or get thrown at President Bush (the second one); as well as several other situations.

Steven Of Alabasta has attached these images (downsized versions):
63_21_png.png 63_22_png.png 63_23_png.png

01-15-2013 22:03 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Found an online video of the book version of Munsch's Angela's Airplane (shoe loss pics around the 4:00 minute mark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_GsLXZ0aeU

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 01-15-2013 23:49.

01-15-2013 23:48 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mrx Mrx is a male

Registration Date: 05-01-2012

Come On! put more links plz...
01-17-2013 19:01 Mrx is offline Send an Email to Mrx Search for Posts by Mrx Add Mrx to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Sorry about the Black Mirror links Mandrake.

For anyone who didn't know it seems that the losthershoe site has closed down. But there is a yahoo group called debootfantasy made by the same creator that is still up.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/debootfantasy/

I found another korean drama with shoe loss.

Part 3

14:08

http://www.gooddrama.net/korean-drama/qu...n-episode-2/1-3
01-17-2013 23:46 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Mrx
Come On! put more links plz...

This forum is relies on voluntary contribution. Rather than demand more links why don't you search some out and contribute yourself.
01-18-2013 06:09 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

quote:

For anyone who didn't know it seems that the losthershoe site has closed down. But there is a yahoo group called debootfantasy made by the same creator that is still up.

Part 3

Love that last link. Just wish she was wearing sheerer stockings.
01-18-2013 06:19 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Powell
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
quote:

Part 3

Love that last link. Just wish she was wearing sheerer stockings.

A catalogue of wasted opportunities. She should've worn the remainng shoe, and not worn those appalling slippers after the interview. The whole thing wouldn've been so much better! A subway carriage scene is lovely though.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Powell: 01-26-2013 12:14.

01-18-2013 21:19 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

I probably posted this before (I honestly don't remember) but I found a youtube link to one of the two boot losses from the old cartoon The Perils of Penelope Pitstop. The first one of them (the one where she pulls her feet out of her boots to shed a rope is probably well known on this forum, since a lot of us have seen the stills of it on Toodeboot. The second one (the one I am posting here) is mentioned there, but the mention is hoplessly garbled (for one thing, it refers to the wrong episode, and then mentions a secenario that does not actually happen to try and reconcile the loss the person seems to remember (from the next episode, the one below) with what they remember of that one. The loss is around 1:49, and in true cartton logic, she has both boots back the next time we see her feet despite 1. he hands are still tied, so she couldn't have grabbed it again and 2. she has flown up into the air and drifted some distance, so her boot (along with anything else on the ground, should now be a fairly long distance away.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RrfC7B_L6s

Few others

Tiny toon Adventures, "A Whale's Tale" (appx 10:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6atkm1U-Vw

Weekend Afternoon Live (9:04) (not an actualy loss, but the front half of one of her shoes is blown off)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-OXx8InX8A

UPDATE

Another one (too new to have link yet)

Dan Vs. "Dan Vs. The Common Cold". There is a scene around 2/3 of the way through the episode where the episode villian (and ex supermodel) takes off one of her black pumps to threaten Dan after he breaks into her apartment. There is a shot of her in one shoe, but it is far angle so not really good (you can see that one foot is black and one flesh toned, but no detail) and by the next time you see her feet she has both shoes on again (which is odd, as she just actually did throw one of them)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 01-20-2013 01:40.

01-18-2013 22:57 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/fosters-home-for-imaginary-friends-season
-2-episode-7-mac-daddy

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/fosters-home-for-imaginary-friends-season
-5-episode-1-cheese-a-go-go

I seem to have found links to the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends losses that were mentioned earlier in the thread.

Regarding the Power Rangers losses, I think I may want to look for more shoe losses from tokusatsu. Maybe from Super Sentai, which is the source material that Power Rangers gets the fight and Zord footage from.

I also find it weird that there have been no shoe losses in the main Pokémon anime in the 16 years it's been running. There have been some scattered ones in the various manga (a couple I posted in the male loss thread I started); and fan art often involves losses with the characters from the games. Heck, the Great Marsh in Diamond and Pearl would seem like a place where shoe loss would happen a lot (as it is a marsh, there's plenty of waterlogged mud that could suck off a person's shoe). Instead, it often envelops your entire player character (you pop out after a few seconds of wiggling the d-pad on the DS).

One last thing-Mrx, I'm sorry things have been slow lately, but a lot of us have school, work, or both; so this is just for recreation. If I may, this thread is 40 pages long, and you may find something that pleases you. I often go back to the earlier parts of the thread to see all that's there.
01-26-2013 09:22 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Alabasta
I also find it weird that there have been no shoe losses in the main Pokémon anime in the 16 years it's been running. There have been some scattered ones in the various manga (a couple I posted in the male loss thread I started); and fan art often involves losses with the characters from the games. Heck, the Great Marsh in Diamond and Pearl would seem like a place where shoe loss would happen a lot (as it is a marsh, there's plenty of waterlogged mud that could suck off a person's shoe). Instead, it often envelops your entire player character (you pop out after a few seconds of wiggling the d-pad on the DS).

There is also the fact that, if I recall, in Gold and silver the game occasionally says that a pokemon who you haven't yet maxed the happiness of is chewing on your shoe (there were some fairly funny arts of that as I recall, given how big some of the Pokemon are and how savage thier teeth are (read, biting you foot off). You'd think that that would mean every now and again, one of those pokemon would actually manage to pull your shoe off (I've seen 1-2 arts of this, but no official)
The closest I can think of to "official" one shoe Pokemon art is the "hugging pillow" art I posted earlier of Katsumire and the other femal gym leader. That's official Pokemon merchandice so presumably it would have had to get approval.
On a side note, I expect some semi-decent chances from the next generation. I've seen some of the fanart for the upcoming Pokemon XY on danbooru, and it seems that at the moment no one is quite sure waht kind of footwear the female protagonist is going to get officilally. A few have given her the sneakers that we are used to for the lead character (most of the female protagonists we have had so far have worn sneakers, or high boots) but quite a few are guessing she will have slip ons or mary janes (good for shoe loss) and I have seen at least art that suggests that she may actually get high heeled pumps.
01-26-2013 14:25 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 38 39 [40] 41 42 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH