bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 35 36 [37] 38 39 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://bellepoque.free.fr/fplace/members...ineflat/mf.html
http://bellepoque.free.fr/fplace/members...neflat/mf2.html

11-28-2012 18:15 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Some DID pics found on DA:
Lili Rochefort
http://killboring.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5m3lrf

11-30-2012 08:48 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
Speaking of Adult swim programs, Bleach has a few shoe loss scenes as well. There was an episode way back (in the #50's I think) with a bird that was the reincarnation of a little kid, and when you see his flashback of when he and his mother were killed, his mother has one of her slingbacks knocked off in the struggle. The small blond haired Vizard is also often shown in one flip flop, since she likes to knock people over the head with the other one. There is going to be an episode (it hasn't shown yet on AS) where Soifon is going to kick one of her slippers off to keep from her foot rotting (after it is hit by an Arrancars attack).

It was on this previos Saturday. Sorry for no time mark, the counter seem to be malfuntioncing (and the youtube one freezes before it gets to the scene) http://www.animeavenue.net/bleach-episode-281/

I also have one more(though properly it might actually belong in the thread about shoe loss in video games with a bit of a story behind it. You are going to have to take my word for it though, as there is no Youtube bits, and I have no skill at transferring video captures online (plus my computer is old, and has no software to do things like that).
Many years ago while looking through the offerings at a libary books sale I bumped into while traveling.I happened to pick up a computer CD rom game based on Tove Jannson's Moomins (or more accurately Mumins, since the disk was in Swedish)
As far as I can tell it's a little kids click game, You click on varios things in each room and they do odd things. Eventually you click on some part of the room and a little Racoon like character shows up (where he is varies from play to play) moves out, an you move onto the next screen (though any screen is acessible from the main page).
Now here's the important part. There seems to be some sort of theme running through the game of the little raccoon boy stealing peoples right boots (on the very last screen, when the boy is in hiding in one specific place, he steals a certain characters right boot, and after the character looks under the table is suprised by the kid, and runs away, the racoon kid comes out dragging a sack of boots). That's the only actuall removal in the game (most of the moomin characters don't wear shoes, or much of any clothing for that matter. However on the second screen, when you click on one of the drawers in a desk, My, the Mylbles daughter pops out, walks across the desk, scribbles on a slate on the other side, giggles, and runs off, and she seems to be missing her right boot as well.
12-01-2012 02:47 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
quote:
Speaking of Adult swim programs, Bleach has a few shoe loss scenes as well. There was an episode way back (in the #50's I think) with a bird that was the reincarnation of a little kid, and when you see his flashback of when he and his mother were killed, his mother has one of her slingbacks knocked off in the struggle. The small blond haired Vizard is also often shown in one flip flop, since she likes to knock people over the head with the other one. There is going to be an episode (it hasn't shown yet on AS) where Soifon is going to kick one of her slippers off to keep from her foot rotting (after it is hit by an Arrancars attack).

It was on this previos Saturday. Sorry for no time mark, the counter seem to be malfuntioncing (and the youtube one freezes before it gets to the scene) http://www.animeavenue.net/bleach-episode-281/

It occurs at 5:13 for those interested. Good scene. It looks like she wears thin white socks or stockings underneath her shoes, though you don't really get a good look at her foot. Can you link the other scenes you referenced?
12-01-2012 03:47 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
quote:
quote:

It occurs at 5:13 for those interested. Good scene. It looks like she wears thin white socks or stockings underneath her shoes, though you don't really get a good look at her foot. Can you link the other scenes you referenced?

The first is episode #5, around the 16:00 mark http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/37418 as for the blond Vizard, there really is no particualr episode that stands out, she does it ALL the time.
Actually the scene is proably the best you could possibly get, as I think Soifon is the only female Soul Reaper captain who wears closed toe slippers Nearly all of the other soul reapers, male or female wear simple Japanese sandals with the exception of Saijin (who I personally suspect wears high boots because he has wolf legs as well as a wolf head, and needs thier height to compensate for his legs not really being designed for bipedalism.
It's not a loss or a dangle, but the current episodes do have one other footwear related notable. Lisa (one of the other Vizards) wears a schoolgirl uniform as her "steet clothes" when you first see her, that includes a pair of standard Japanese schoolgirl shoes (i.e. penny loafers). However when they show up for actual battle, Lisa (and ONLY Lisa) has changed her footwear, she now has white tennis shoes. We never see the reason, but I sort of like to imagine a scene during the practice they must have done putting the final touches on thier fighting skills, she made one hard kick too many, and either kicked her loafer off into the stratosphere or drove her foot through the front!
12-01-2012 05:22 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Steven Of Alabasta Steven Of Alabasta is a male

images/avatars/avatar-35.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2012

Something from one of the newest episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic; not quite a loss but covering the "asymmetrical footwear" aspect that was mentioned a couple posts ago.

From the episode "One Bad Apple", this is one of the outfits Apple Bloom considered when going to meet Babs Seed at the train station, which consists of a blue sneaker on her right rear hoof and a red sock on her left front hoof.

As for a loss, the episode "Best Night Ever" mentions the Cinderella situation that pops up often in fiction when Pinkie Pie notices one of Rarity's glass slippers. Rarity, wanting no part of it due to her horrible experience with Prince Blueblood, destroys the slipper.

One more thing: I'm starting Claymore tonight. Anyone care to enlighten me on which episode Clare's shoe is destroyed? I am genuinely interested in the medieval fantasy theme of the anime; and I've actually gotten into a couple shows by having shoe loss clips linked on this thread.

Steven Of Alabasta has attached this image (reduced version):
Apple_Bloom_%27Oh_yeah%27_S3E4.png

12-02-2012 10:39 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Amanda Palmer poses with one shoe off on one of her album covers.

http://f0.bcbits.com/z/40/22/4022289209-1.png
12-02-2012 15:59 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Alabasta

Something from one of the newest episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic; not quite a loss but covering the "asymmetrical footwear" aspect that was mentioned a couple posts ago.

From the episode "One Bad Apple", this is one of the outfits Apple Bloom considered when going to meet Babs Seed at the train station, which consists of a blue sneaker on her right rear hoof and a red sock on her left front hoof.

As for a loss, the episode "Best Night Ever" mentions the Cinderella situation that pops up often in fiction when Pinkie Pie notices one of Rarity's glass slippers. Rarity, wanting no part of it due to her horrible experience with Prince Blueblood, destroys the slipper.

"Best Night Ever" is actually RIFE with shoe loss scenes. As I mentioned, by the end of the episode the only Pony who still has all of thier shoes is Pinkie (and possibly Twilight, her hoof positions make it a little hard to tell) I actually made a little comment fanfiction story about that. While visting Sweet apple acres, the Mane 6 notice that AJ put her remaining boot upside down on one of the gate posts. When they ask her why she say it just seemed to make sense the tip of that post was rotting in the rain. Plus now it works as a handy way of seeing in anyone is home, when they are in, the toe of the boot is pointed at the house, when everyone is out, the last person turns it the other way (note: handing old boots on fenceposts is an actualy (and pretty common) tradition in a lot of Western areas, and the reasons given include both of the above) I also covered what happened to Rarity's other glass slipper, which wasn't nearly as clean (I'll give you a hint, from a chemical point of view, glass isn't all that different from quartz and some quartzes count as gemstones......)
Also the episode that was shown yesterday with the Magic Duel had a shoe loss as well. When Fluttershy comes out of the log, her disguise is already wrecked, and that includes the fact she is missing one of the boots (on her right front hoof)
12-02-2012 16:40 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Amanda Palmer poses with one shoe off on one of her album covers.

http://f0.bcbits.com/z/40/22/4022289209-1.png

And of course the shoe which presumably fell off her foot is buckled. Tongue How come?

12-02-2012 17:52 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Nice work of Mickytroid on DA:
Lovely Rain

and small Japanese Girl Doll - Cheltenham Illustration Awards 2011:
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/cheltenham-illustration-awards

Edit:
And another from DA:
Mermaid and human Ariel

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 12-02-2012 19:49.

12-02-2012 19:24 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Steven Of Alabasta Steven Of Alabasta is a male

images/avatars/avatar-35.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2012

Thank you. Very good information you've given me. By the way, I want to make that picture of Apple Bloom I attached my profile picture on these boards. Can you tell me how to do that?
12-02-2012 21:34 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Thank you. Very good information you've given me. By the way, I want to make that picture of Apple Bloom I attached my profile picture on these boards. Can you tell me how to do that?

First you need to get the picture you want onto somewhere you can download it from. It's been a while so I've forgotten if it has to go onto a photo site (like Photobucket or Snapfish) or you can do it directly from your computers mainframe
Hit the button on the top of your screen that says "User CP" (control panel). On the next screen, hit the button marked "avatar" (it's on the far right, near the middle). Then hit the button that says "Use Custom Avatar" go to browse, find the image and hit download/ok (note: the size requirement for the images is pretty small, so you may have to shrink the image to get it down to however many pixels is permitted. Assuming that works the image will be uploaded to the memory files, and you can use it.
Okay I have one more lead, though by it's definition, it's sort of a "no good one". I was watching the Graham Norton Show yesterday, and one of the guests was Helena Bonham Carter, who, amongst other things, discussed her role in the soon to be released Movie version of Great Expectations, in which she is playing Miss Havisham. One of the things she mentioned was that, in keeping with the description of the character as presented by Dickens, she played the entire role with one shoe off and one on (for those who have never read the book, Miss Havisham does this because she was putting her shoes on for her wedding when she got the message that her husband to be had defrauded her and left her at the altar, and basically "froze". Everything in her house has been left exactly as it was since then.) Unfortunaltey Carter says that, due to the nature of the costume, there was no point when you can see this. But she says her husband (Tim Burton a.k.a. the director of the movie) did notice the hobbling and complimented her on trying to look as old as the character. So I suppose this one will sort of be a "secret example" that we will know about, but never see (though I imagine that, should the costumes ever come up to auction, someone could verify the story by comparing wear on the shoes and stockings).
12-02-2012 22:16 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Not really a loss, but I really dug this scene from Strange Dawn

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaefuf_...ms#.UL6Y3YNm7Kc
12-05-2012 01:46 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Nopperabo
Viking

Few more betty blue pics (not mine, though I have both in my collection)

http://img0.etsystatic.com/003/0/6275773...867844_m0q3.jpg

http://www.icollector.com/Lot-of-3-Paper-Tuck-Post-Card-Sets_i8499464 (betty blue is second to left, top row)
12-05-2012 23:48 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

Here's some stuff I found recently.

http://mr-hypnotyk.deviantart.com/favour...set=24#/d4hg5zs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJUccaRYbk

http://scamwich.deviantart.com/#/d5ke0h3

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 12-08-2012 16:50.

12-07-2012 19:22 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Thank you. Very good information you've given me.

This previos Saturday's MLP:FIM also had some shoe losses/removals. The old pony was of c ourse missing one of her rusty horeshoes (though whether that count's or not depends a lot on whether you feel that horseshoes count as "horse shoes"). Also Rarity took off one of her yellow shoes in one scene so she could file her hoof.

I found another old one

Superman The Animated series. In the episode "Brave New Metropolis" Near the middle, there is a short scene of a guard fetching Lois Lane out of a holding cell to take her to Lex Luthor. While not a shoe loss per se when you see her on the bench in the cell, her left heel is dangling something like 80% off
12-10-2012 00:42 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Administrator

girl loses shoe in elevator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnxS4cecnCE
12-11-2012 03:59 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Sonic52
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-43.jpg

Registration Date: 07-29-2012

Some videos you guys may like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEKAwILshJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5VJuM1cws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-y1bShAVnE
12-12-2012 02:44 Sonic52 is offline Send an Email to Sonic52 Search for Posts by Sonic52 Add Sonic52 to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic52
Some videos you guys may like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEKAwILshJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5VJuM1cws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-y1bShAVnE

I love that guy's clipstore.
12-13-2012 15:02 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

Here's a new anime statue with removable shoes. This is actually the first statue to have removable stockings.

http://www.tomopop.com/lechery-s-sofa-gi...ose-28233.phtml

Vanessa Paradis lost one of her boots while wearing nylons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...ing-Gigolo.html

Here's scamwich's newest artwork.

http://scamwich.deviantart.com/#/d5nxxw1
12-13-2012 18:04 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 35 36 [37] 38 39 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH