bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 34 35 [36] 37 38 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Something, that I found on theanimegallery.com:
one shoe off

11-17-2012 14:52 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Sonic52
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-43.jpg

Registration Date: 07-29-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Something i found

Sonic52 has attached this image (reduced version):
293843_126993870791138_424651068_n.jpg

11-18-2012 10:01 Sonic52 is offline Send an Email to Sonic52 Search for Posts by Sonic52 Add Sonic52 to your Buddy List
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Something old:
faery lost her shoe

11-18-2012 12:45 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Found on Zerochan

I swear I've seen this pose (stand like this with the back of one shoe held in each hand so they point out) somewhere before (I keep getting pictures of a manga art book I had once, one where everyone was drawn hyper-hyper skinny)

Actually the Zerochan site has quite a few interesting single shoe and no shoe pictures (in my case defined as "pictures I haven't already seen on Danbooru or related sites" (most of the images that show up on places like Safebooru,Gelbooru and even Konachan also show up on Danbooru, so I rarely do regular searches of them). Some are in the "footwear removed" section and a few in the "Asymmetrical Footwear" file (evidently a few posters thought that pictures of people who have a shoe on one foot and no shoe on the other counts as asymmetrical (which in a certain sense it does, but that really isn't what the tag is usually used for.)

and this (from a Crotatian Wizard of Oz)

11-18-2012 14:54 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

I think this was the zerochan.net pic you meant to link.

Mandrake has attached this image (reduced version):
Benigyokuzui.Vol.6.full.47918.jpg

11-18-2012 20:10 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Steven Of Alabasta Steven Of Alabasta is a male

images/avatars/avatar-35.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2012

I'm back. Been offline for two weeks since my Mac charger broke, but a new one arrived yesterday and I've returned.

First, a loss I remember when I was a kid. The Wild Thornberrys, episode "Naimina Enkiyio." Eliza and Darwin are lost in a forest after Eliza decides to attempt to disprove an ancient Masai legend. She gets stuck in a mud pit, and loses her left boot as she's pulled out. I would have a link, but Viacom has blocked the YouTube copy of the episode (they've been extraordinarily touchy with their stuff being put on YT in the four years I've been on their site). The episode is on iTunes for anyone who's interested, like moi.

Next, a bit about "close call" losses; regarding the Disney film Wreck-It Ralph, which just came out this month. Vanellope Von Schweetz is grabbed at by the eponymous Ralph, but she manages to slip away. She seems to be wearing a pair of rubber boots and mismatched candy cane-colored knee socks; symbolizing her nature as a "glitch". In particular, Sugar Rush seemed like a place where losses would happen a lot, since there are pools of everything from taffy to butterscotch and multiple different consistencies of chocolate (one that is prominent is a pit of "Nesquik-sand", which appears to be made of the sludge that sometimes occurs when you mix Nesquik in a cup). As for other characters like Sgt. Calhoun and Felix, they wear combat boots and work boots respectively, which are made for those sort of conditions. I think a reason that shoe loss does not occur very often in computer animation is that it is far more expensive and time-consuming to render everything, so character models have to stay constant.

Finally, in the time that I've been on this thread, I've noticed that shoe loss is quite popular in Sonic the Hedgehog fan art. It helps that the franchise has been around for 21 years, so there has been time for people to connect with the many characters and create some of their own; all with distinct styles of shoes for people to play with in their drawings.
11-19-2012 00:55 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhU-2hH382o&feature=g-hist

2:35, Girl dances out of her shoe.
11-19-2012 21:04 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/discussion.ph...y5vs5lku57cc10h

I'm trying to make Shoe loss in a tropes by using some stuff from here it needs five votes to be published. The other tropers say it happens too often to be a trope what do you think?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 11-20-2012 18:14.

11-20-2012 18:13 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

quote:
Originally posted by omega
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/discussion.ph...y5vs5lku57cc10h

I'm trying to make Shoe loss in a tropes by using some stuff from here it needs five votes to be published. The other tropers say it happens too often to be a trope what do you think?

A proper shoe loss happens too seldom!

11-20-2012 19:07 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

I use TVTropes very often (I even edit a lot of pages) and to be honest I wouldn't really call it a trope. Not only does it happen too often but most of the time it has no relevence to the plot. It could just happen to happen, and therefore it could be really hard to categorize as one.

11-20-2012 19:08 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by potk
I use TVTropes very often (I even edit a lot of pages) and to be honest I wouldn't really call it a trope. Not only does it happen too often but most of the time it has no relevence to the plot. It could just happen to happen, and therefore it could be really hard to categorize as one.

I don't think it happens too often. I'd love to see it become a trope, but it does need a better name. I think in order for it to be a proper trope it has to be more than just, shoe loss, which could mean many things. "Woman's shoe falls off" is a good one, because it implies a damsel in distress-type situation. "Man's shoe falls off" is seen more as humorous, and doesn't have the same sexual connotations. This would also eliminate the frequent and non-noteworthy moments of someone simply losing a shoe because they had misplaced it. Although, I think this trope should cover both single shoe loss, and both shoes lost since they both the imply the same idea. Shoes removed against her will could also fall under this trope, but that's debatable.
11-21-2012 00:05 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Administrator

It looks like it's 3 tropes.

quote:

You have some tropes here. They should not all be one YKTTW but those tropes are certainly not PSOC.
Tropes here seem to be:
Throw A Shoe At It: A woman uses a shoe as a projectile in a normally impotent attempt to defend herself as it's the only thing she has on hand.
Chase Scene Shoe Malfunction: A woman loses a shoe or breaks a heel while being chased which interferes with her running.
Cinderella Shoe: An item is left behind when a woman flees and it's used to track her down.
These titles are all terrible, but they seem to be your trope breakdown.
11-21-2012 04:18 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade

I'd suggest something for this trope, but TV Tropes does not appear to be working with me tonight.
11-22-2012 03:37 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Administrator

I made some changes to the definition so it includes all circumstances in which a girl's shoe comes off against her will (or she acts as it has).

The biggest problem with it is the list of examples. Many of them are too vague and few of them provide an episode number or time in. It's hard to actually confirm any of them.
11-22-2012 06:56 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade

Yeah, it needs work. I'm probably not going to vote on it until we make the definition clearer and get more examples backed up.
11-23-2012 02:06 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
abzapthane
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-07-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo9C3F99a5A

From the TV show Friends.

Chandler and Janice break up, but to try and keep her around, he steals her shoe. In the end, she walks off with one shoe.
11-23-2012 14:46 abzapthane is offline Send an Email to abzapthane Search for Posts by abzapthane Add abzapthane to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by abzapthane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo9C3F99a5A

From the TV show Friends.

Chandler and Janice break up, but to try and keep her around, he steals her shoe. In the end, she walks off with one shoe.

I remember this. Great scene.
11-23-2012 19:23 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Powell
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2012

A beautiful screenshot appeared on Lockerz. Can anybody identify it? Where is it taken from?

11-25-2012 15:09 Powell is offline Send an Email to Powell Search for Posts by Powell Add Powell to your Buddy List

Hello everyone.

I have something from The Muppet Show, when the late, great Gilda Radner was the guest star. She attempts to sing "Tap Your Troubles Away", but one of her tap shoes is stuck to her hand because of a type of glue that Honeydew was testing being spread all over the stage.

Also, I had more time to read over the latest attempt to make shoe loss into a trope; and it could work, but it does need some help. I will give you a few recommendations from me, being on TV Tropes for 2 years now.

First, you could probably cut some of the sketchier examples or rewrite them into a more neutral stance, as well as name the trope something that defines the idea, but is less suggestive (they've kind of had to rewrite how they do pages like this since Google changed their policy on how they fund them).

Second, you could probably pull some more of the examples from all around this thread, since it's mostly focusing on anime and advertising losses, when we have some from all sorts of media here.

Finally, I think the spelling and grammar just need to be cleaned up a bit, and it should be ready. I'm in favor of making this thing a trope, but it needs to be reworked a bit before I recommend it. Later.
11-26-2012 00:49 Steven Of Alabasta is offline Send an Email to Steven Of Alabasta Search for Posts by Steven Of Alabasta Add Steven Of Alabasta to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Alabasta
Hello everyone.

I have something from The Muppet Show, when the late, great Gilda Radner was the guest star. She attempts to sing "Tap Your Troubles Away", but one of her tap shoes is stuck to her hand because of a type of glue that Honeydew was testing being spread all over the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSHxyJQUcXw

and a few alice links from deviant

http://frozen-queen.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5l5re1

http://rubymoonbunnyrainbow.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5l8pxq
11-26-2012 01:48 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 34 35 [36] 37 38 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH