bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 14 15 [16] 17 18 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread 17 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7617 Votes - Average Rating: 9.76
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Powerpuff Girls- A rather short one. In the episode Subsititute Creature, during one of the girls fanatasy montages (while they are imaging what the teacher (a monster) is going to do to thier classmates while they are locked inside the hear him offer to push one of the girls on the swing and in thier minds eye view nightmare both of her Mary Janes have falled off (7:13)
http://www.cartoonlair.com/the-powerpuff-girls/506-b-substitute-creature-vi
deo_3f3a3a3fb.html

There are also at least two comic book related ones (though I cant remember which issue) There was one where most of the citizens of Townsville (though unfortunately, not the girls themselves) were hopping around in one shoe, due to Mojo having stolen all of the left socks in the city. Another issue had a scene where Sedusa throws one of her boots at a television.
04-24-2012 21:06 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nopperabo
quote:
Originally posted by omega
Looks like Megan's ain't gonna have heels anymore but not a new costume either. Sorry for the spoilers but check for yourself. Haven't seen Zatanna's new look so maybe she might ditch her boots and go for high heeled shoes but there's a low chance of that happening since Philip Bourassa seems to be designing more practical costumes so it isn't likely but as a YJ fan I like the new designs I see and I'm really excited for Invasion and who's to say there won't be any shoe loss this is fiction and it's not like we haven't seen a girl lose a shoe in an improbable way and we don't know what Greg Weisman has planned in the script.

I'm not sure we can count Me'gann's heels out quite yet. That costume looks an awful lot like her "stealth suit"; the costume she already wears when the mission invloves concealment, which was always flat. They may have simply used a clip cell of her in it. Since so far the majority of the missions have involved one or another "stealth mission" (there are multiple forms, yesterdays episode had them suiting up "polar stealth") if they picked a random base the odds of it being in her stealth uniform are actually more likely. There is also the possibility of them using it because MM's is going to use that costume for the duration of the arc then go back to her old one. If the arc invovles the YJ tean being on constant call, I can easily see MM deciding to make the stealth version her default for the moment. BTW to make things sourer, yesterdays episode gave us a clue as to what Zatarra's stealth is going to look like, and it looks like that is going to be flat too, assuming her polar is typical (it might not, it sorta just looked like she had put on a parka and dressed herself as a person going out into cold weather would) . And we still might have a chance with Artemis (her superhero costume may be flat, but she does wear heeled boots as part of her casual clothes)

Well, the first episode of the new series showed up, and, regrattably, I looks like Omega is right, Me'ganns now wearing the stealth suit as her default. There are a few more females on the team, but it looks like they are all in flats as well, Batgirl included (Wonder Girl actually just wears sneakers) Zatarra is still in heeled boots, but since she is now a member of the actualy Justice Leauge, we probably won't see much of her.

Another anime I remember (unfortunately, the actual title escapes me, but it was on Sci-Fi's Ani-mondays) It was about a boy who was pulled out of our world into a desert dimension under a brutal dictator. Near the middle he escapes with a girl who has the power to call down rain. As they are escaping, the wake up some sort of desert living carnivorous plant. In the ensuing battle, the girl loses one of her tan boots and the boy one of his red sneakers. The next episode we see him , and he has wrapped his feet in rags, since he has given his remaining shoe to the girl to wear. She remains in this mismached footwear for about another episode or two until they reach a rebel encampment, where the lady that they lodge with gives them both new pairs of shoes.
I also remember another one where a woman driving a car had it stall out on her, broke her heel kicking the bumper, and then for some reason removed the broken heeled boot and walked along in one.
Finally there was an episode of Monster! near the middle (mid fifties, I think) where we see a flashback of when the drunk woman first met the villian, just before, she broke one of her strapped heels and had it off when she saw him.
04-28-2012 21:48 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by omega

Was the anime called Now,here,there and then and was the main character called Shu?
04-28-2012 22:50 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Yeah, it's most likely Now and Then, Here and There.

04-28-2012 23:04 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

yeah, that was the one. Now that I have the name I can post the links (oddly while I forgot the shows name completely, I remembered which episodes)

Ep 8 (Boot loss at about 11:05 http://www.watchanimeon.com/now-and-then-here-and-there-episode-8/

Ep9. (last mismatched shoe scene is around 14:00) http://www.watchanimeon.com/now-and-then-here-and-there-episode-9/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 04-29-2012 00:55.

04-29-2012 00:22 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Was just about to post tboth those episodes on YouTube (the full seriies can be seen legally there)

Ironically enough, the first episode is called "Two Lone Souls". Big Grin

04-29-2012 02:40 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by potk
Was just about to post tboth those episodes on YouTube (the full seriies can be seen legally there)

Ironically enough, the first episode is called "Two Lone Souls". Big Grin

Actually, I'd post the youtube links anyway, mine are really bad (they basically have no FF).
04-29-2012 02:46 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Mutant X: Another one from this show; Lauren Lee Smith's character takes off a bot in order to user her to to press a button on a control panel.

Random YouTube Vid: A random YouTube vid staring asian cowgirls taking their boots off.

04-29-2012 20:15 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

A partiualry nice, dynamic SSP of stocking http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1095453/1girl-barefoot-black_dress-bow-
dress-gradient-hair
04-30-2012 19:41 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
Originally posted by potk
Mutant X: Another one from this show; Lauren Lee Smith's character takes off a bot in order to user her to to press a button on a control panel.

Random YouTube Vid: A random YouTube vid staring asian cowgirls taking their boots off.

Excellent clips. That Mutant X clip was especially nice. I'll have to check out that tv series now.
04-30-2012 21:26 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
omega omega is a male
King

Uglymoe1 has uploaded some new stuff and I can remember there being another Mutant X loss.
04-30-2012 21:52 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

There is another one, but I thought it was already posted so I didn't post it.

04-30-2012 21:53 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

Found next to the cowgirl image. Three girls take off thier shoes to show off thier skill at writing calligrapy with thier feet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wo72Hp3GhY&feature=relmfu
I may have mentioned this earlier (though I can't seem to find it) but from a logical point of veiw, The Nightmare before Christmas should have some one shoe scenes as well. During the rescue of Santa Claus, Sally sticks one of her legs in the door to distract Oogie. During the destraction, he knocks off her shoe so he can tickle her foot. Yet a bit later, when she is tied up she has both shoes back. Leaving aside the question of how sally got her leg and hands re-attached (remember earlier in the movie she removed her arm, and when Finklestein put it back, he had to sew it on again) but exactly how did she get her shoe back? Did her leg hop back into it (possible, but in the confusion you think it would have better things to do) did Oogie put it back on (really out of character)? I know the most likey reason is that they didn't think to use one of the shoeless legs (they would have had them for the previos scene, so it's not like all of the legs have the shoe molded on. and the legs are on wire to bend, so the "we only have crooked legs and we need a straight one" doesn't work either.
05-01-2012 18:31 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

I just thought is something, oogie 's a bag of cockroaches so how does he have a foot fetish in the first place? As for Sally there's never been a stop-motion shoe loss probably because it's hard to pose a model without a shoe or with the foot coming out of the shoe. There's also been CGI cartoons where there should be a one shoe scene but probably due to budget restraints they couldn't make a model without a shoe. A good example of this is Happily Never After where Cinderella loses her shoe but only her shoe is shown and she spends the entire movie with both her shoes.
05-01-2012 18:57 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by omega
I just thought is something, oogie 's a bag of cockroaches so how does he have a foot fetish in the first place? As for Sally there's never been a stop-motion shoe loss probably because it's hard to pose a model without a shoe or with the foot coming out of the shoe. There's also been CGI cartoons where there should be a one shoe scene but probably due to budget restraints they couldn't make a model without a shoe. A good example of this is Happily Never After where Cinderella loses her shoe but only her shoe is shown and she spends the entire movie with both her shoes.

Well the scene with Oogie tickling her foot is there, so doing a shoe removal scene with stop motion is possible (0:33) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUqqmrQYSE.
As for posing, the next time we see Sally, she'd tied up and hanging, her legs aren't being used to pose at all. But I get what you mean about hard to pose. That also explains the lack of one in Corpse Bride where there should probably be one as well. Given that one has to assume that, on the brides skeletonized leg, her foot is likewise all bones by now. the shoe on that foot must be loose as all hell with no flesh especially with the sheer silk stocking in between (actually if you think of it it's a little odd that, given how easily silk rots her stocking manged to remain intact (it's pooled down around her ankle, but given the amount of folds, it's all there)
Happily Never After also has another odd thing footwise (which may or may not have something to do with budget) The Wicked queen (and possibly the step sisters, I forgot) are all wearing flats, but are walking as if they are wearing heels. It's as if the started with a flat sole model for the feet (say cinderella in her common clothes) told the computer to raise up the backs and then forgot to animate in anything in the space.
05-01-2012 19:49 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

In Coprse Bride both her feet still have flesh on them. The leg that is skeletal is only bones from her thigh to her ankle.

05-01-2012 19:54 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1130398/2girls-o-alternate_costume-anim
al_ears-arm_up-back

not technically single shoe, but I like how the illustrator adapted Utsuo's concrete footwear.
05-02-2012 21:11 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Mrx Mrx is a male

Registration Date: 05-01-2012

What's the name of the episode when velma removed her shoe
05-03-2012 22:40 Mrx is offline Send an Email to Mrx Search for Posts by Mrx Add Mrx to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

I think that it's "Riva Ras Vegas" or something like that.

05-03-2012 22:41 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
hot293wildcat

Registration Date: 10-27-2010

Velma's shoe removal Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I actually found it!!!!

5:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwCZifGzAlQ[/URL]
05-05-2012 01:46 hot293wildcat is offline Send an Email to hot293wildcat Search for Posts by hot293wildcat Add hot293wildcat to your Buddy List
Pages (117): « first ... « previous 14 15 [16] 17 18 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Shoe Loss in Cartoons, Games, Movies, and Comics MegaThread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH