bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Member Lounge » superhero shoe loss » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page superhero shoe loss
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zero

Registration Date: 10-07-2011

superhero shoe loss Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is it me or superheroines never lose a boot. I mean i,ve seen batman, robin and even spiderman lose a boot. In fact I've rarely seen female comic book characters lose one shoe. I know that vicky vale lost her shoe in that batman movie and lois lane lost a shoe a few times, and starfire n raven lost a boot in that teen titan show. but how come characters like Zatanna or Raven's comic counterpart have'nt lost a shoe evn though they were high heels. And how is it supergirl or miss martian hasn't gotten her boot pulled when she was flying away from a villain or how has batgirl not lost a boot. anyway are their comics where a female character loses one of their boots.
10-08-2011 11:40 zero is offline Search for Posts by zero Add zero to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

maybe the reason is that superheroine costumes should seem to be indestructable in a way. maybe I should change that Wink
a superheroine could loose at least part of her strength when loosing a boot. could fit very well into the new fantasy themed segment ...
10-09-2011 20:42 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
zero

Thread Starter Thread Started by zero
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think your theory might be right. It turns out that Spiderwoman lost her boot in an issue but I can't find any other comic book boot loss. But there is this amazing pic done by this guy called scamwich on deviantart of Black cat missing her boot and spiderman right behind her with that missing boot. It seems that Spidey grabbed her by the boot but she managed to slip away. This scenario would fit so well in the comics or in an animated series but unfortunately its never happened yet. Maybe you should make a deviantart account. Also I have this great scenes in my head of Batgirl escaping from the Joker. The Joker tries to grab her but pulls of her boot instead or Batgirl fleeing from an enemy and her boot's heel gets stuck in a grate. The final one would be of Zatanna or Raven dangling off a cliff and on of their high heeled shoes fall off.
10-10-2011 16:41 zero is offline Search for Posts by zero Add zero to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

It has happened in some comics. I remember seeing Black Canary break her boot in a fight and remove it to continue fighting. Also Batgirl kicked her boot off at enemy in one issue. The debooting of superheroines is a fetish that has been explored by the toondeboot yahoo group and websites like hypnoticsworld, boundcomics and, of course, this website (see swamp tickler). You can also check out my DA page for a debooting comic, as well as some of my stories that feature debooting. http://mandrake.moorglade.devinatart.com
10-14-2011 15:59 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
zero

Thread Starter Thread Started by zero

Mandrake why do you think superheroine shoe loss is so rare. Thanks 4 the links. Do u know what comic book issue black canary broke her boot in. Do u know if Supergirl or Zatanna lost a shoe.
10-14-2011 17:51 zero is offline Search for Posts by zero Add zero to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by zero
Mandrake why do you think superheroine shoe loss is so rare. Thanks 4 the links. Do u know what comic book issue black canary broke her boot in. Do u know if Supergirl or Zatanna lost a shoe.

I'm afraid I don't know the issues. I just saw pics from the comics on the internet (probably the toondeboot website). As for why it's so rare, I really don't know. Maybe we just think it's rare because it's something we want to see so badly. Who knows?

Last year I started writing a story about a superheroine whose shoes are the source of her power. Of course, the whole gimic is that she's powerless when she loses them, and she loses them ... a lot. Over the past year I've been trying to turn it into a photo-comic. and I've even done a test shoot with a model who loves the idea. Unfortunately I don't know if I'll have the money or time to ever finish it, but one can hope ...
11-11-2011 03:39 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Mandrake
Last year I started writing a story about a superheroine whose shoes are the source of her power. Of course, the whole gimic is that she's powerless when she loses them, and she loses them ... a lot.

There actually is one superhero that loses her shoe and therefore her power; Jun from Gatchaman. She lost it while saving a little girl from getting stepped on by a giant mammoth, and it gets stuck between its toes. The bad guys find it and use its powers against the Gatchaman, hahaha. Big Grin

It was practically the center of the whole episode, and I think there are multiple versions of this series where this scene might happen again, but in a different way.

11-11-2011 21:38 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Administrator

I remember that episode! To contribute:

Models lose their shoes on the runway
11-12-2011 15:59 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Member Lounge » superhero shoe loss

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH