bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Contributions » Art/Other Media » Lois Lane, Shoe Teaser » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lois Lane, Shoe Teaser
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Lois Lane, Shoe Teaser Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not for anything, but for some reason, in all the iterations of Lois Lane either on film, TV, animation, or in comic book form, why does she almost never lose a shoe in all the predictions she's in? I've seen a couple of times that she did but they were very far and few between. Owing to her style and almost constant wearing of heels with great skirt suits, you would think the loss of a shoe would be an almost common thing with her, but it seldom happens. Anyway, her early iterations also always had her in a hat, but not the later ones. So, once again I played a little with my photoshop and made a small addition to a cover image of our favorite superhero's intrepid reporter from a recent comic book print. No shoe loss, but she sure looks great in that hat! And one of those shoes looks primed to come flying off when she gets herself into whatever pickle awaits her in that alleyway, just before a certain caped superhero comes to save the day - again! Opinions? Anyone want to take a crack at removing one of those shoes?

grizzletoad1 has attached this image (reduced version):
Lois Lane With Hat x.jpg

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 08-30-2022 21:14.

08-30-2022 21:12 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is a NEAR shoe loss/VERY deep dangle in the New Adventures of Superman episode Brave New Metropolis (https://www.b98.tv/video/brave-new-metropolis/ (8:37)

And, of course, there is the bit in one of the later cartoon superman movies where we see Lois take off her high heels to put on sneakers before going out on a story.

And I have vague memories of an episode of the old 1950's Superman where Lois puts on a long robe to disguise herself as a member of a secret society, only to be caught when one of the society looks down and sees her high heels and stockings (which are the old kind with the brown reinforced area at the heel).
08-30-2022 23:20 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by grizzletoad1
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I remember this episode. In fact my older son and I used to watch the show and the Batman animated series back when they were new and he was very young. He'd come home from grade school and that would be our time together before I had to go to work (Working afternoons then on the railroad) If I recall there was a great opportunity for Lois to lose her shoe when she slips on top of a building or statue or something. (At 11:50 or so in the episode. She's climbing onto a statue in heels!) I thought it would have been a great moment to see her shoe fly off her foot and drop away down from where she was. But sadly it didn't happen. I always liked the way they had her dressed in that series too. Same outfit but in slightly differnt colors. Too bad they didn't put a hat on her! I think Dana Delany was her voice in the cartoon and man did she have great legs! As information, my son is 31 today and an MD! Time flies.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 08-31-2022 01:56.

08-31-2022 01:11 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Nopperabo
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-31.jpg

Registration Date: 12-31-2011

I could do one better. Instead of simply falling off, it could have been hit by the laser shot and destroyed. Or she could have kicked it off deliberately so that the shot it it instead of her leg. Either way, rather than it being a more or less temporary thing (since the moment Superman saw it, he would have retrieved it as well (he IS fast enough) and given it back to her) it could be permanent.

Batman: The Animated series sort of had one as well, since, in the first episode we see Catwoman in, they do a closeup of her kicking off her heels (I think they did so again when the re-did the introduction in the next Batman cartoon iteration.) Plus, I think the girl Harley Quinn kidnapped in Harley's Day Out, wound up losing her shoes as well (white pumps, if I recall).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nopperabo: 08-31-2022 13:37.

08-31-2022 13:34 Nopperabo is offline Send an Email to Nopperabo Search for Posts by Nopperabo Add Nopperabo to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Now, this is what I would have had in mind. Opinions?

Lois Lane - Superman The Animated Series In Hat And Losing Shoe.jpg

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 09-01-2022 06:40.

08-31-2022 22:34 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Nopperabo, not exactly what you wanted from the laser shot to her leg, but best I could do.

Snapshot_22-09-01_02-23-56.jpg

09-01-2022 07:44 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc...-studios-911728
09-01-2022 12:45 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

I'm working on a series of panels called Lois Lane Loses Shoe. They are stills copied from the Superman, The Animated Series episode Brave New Metropolis and by using my Photoshop skills, I've created a comic strip-like series of photos where I have our intrepid Lois Lane's shoe coming off as she finds herself in another predicament. I've also taken the liberty of putting a hat on her head, both my personal prediliction and Lois' old time preferences where she ALWAYS had on a hat. (In one early comic, she had some dialog that said whenever she was upset, she just went out and bought a new hat! It was a very early one, probably from a comic book from the 1940's or 50's) So far I'm up to 24 panels and I still have several more to do. Wonder how I could upload those here when I'm done as this site limits attachements to only 5 at a time. I also have to convert to jpeg as they are now png and too big kilobite-wise to upload. jpeg's reduce the size to something transmitable. Anyone have ideas on how I can upload the whole series in proper order here?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 09-02-2022 22:36.

09-02-2022 22:35 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Here's the closest Lois Lane ever lost a shoe in the 1950's series.

https://www.solie.org/alibrary/Superman_121TheHumanBomb.html (9:30)
09-11-2022 01:38 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Contributions » Art/Other Media » Lois Lane, Shoe Teaser

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH