bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Flight Of The Raven » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Flight Of The Raven
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grizzletoad1 grizzletoad1 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-78.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2013

Flight Of The Raven Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's an interesting find from a graphic novel about a female French resistance fighter. There seem to be a few stills from the novel with her picking along the rooftop with only one shoe on and the cover has her climbing some kind of precarious ladder. This picture is not a shoe loss per se, but she has her shoe off to comfort what looks like a sore foot. Wonder if the shoe slides off that pitched roof, leaving her in one shoe afterwards?

grizzletoad1 has attached this image (reduced version):
5413170116276_cg.jpg

11-06-2023 17:41 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Nepenthy Nepenthy is a male

images/avatars/avatar-61.jpg

Registration Date: 11-29-2020

RE: Flight Of The Raven Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is actually a very long shoe loss scene. She throws away her right slipper after its heel broke.
It is interesting how she decided to keep her other left slipper on after she throws away her right slipper.
And she even joked about how she dreamed to become cinderella as a child now this dream has come true.
https://archive.org/details/isbn_9781631...ge/113/mode/1up

why there are significantly more right shoe loss then left shoe loss...Confused
11-06-2023 22:07 Nepenthy is offline Send an Email to Nepenthy Search for Posts by Nepenthy Add Nepenthy to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by grizzletoad1
RE: Flight Of The Raven Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow! I scanned through the novel and that one shoe sequence was incredible! Just like my main female character in my novel winds up one-shoed, although she never gets a new pair of shoes! Love how the girl also seems to hang onto her hat throughout until near the end, but winds up with a new one after giving hers to the male lead in the story (Very French thing to do!) I might actually buy the novel now to put in my archive and read more thouroughly at a later point. One thing: she breaks her heel on page 17 of the story, but I never saw where she threw her broken shoe away. Was there a page where that was shown? Anyway, this certainly qualifies as a real gem.
11-07-2023 04:18 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Odd that the scene I originally found shows her with her left shoe off. Must have been transposed somwhere.
11-07-2023 04:20 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Triple Ace

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Had a little fun with Photoshop and put her in what I think were better looking shoes for the time period. Even broke her heel if you look close. I don't think wedges were a thing in 1944. What do you think?

grizzletoad1 has attached this image (reduced version):
The Flight Of The Raven - Modified Shoes.jpg

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by grizzletoad1: 11-12-2023 21:57.

11-07-2023 06:41 grizzletoad1 is offline Send an Email to grizzletoad1 Homepage of grizzletoad1 Search for Posts by grizzletoad1 Add grizzletoad1 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » Other Content » Flight Of The Raven

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH