bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Real Life Experiences » At work today (shoe-loss) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page At work today (shoe-loss)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Shrinkmaster22 Shrinkmaster22 is a male

Registration Date: 01-14-2014

At work today (shoe-loss) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Still the only person sharing? If this starts happening more often, I might get this section named after me
LOL JK

So for starters, I work at a particular world renowned theme park located in Southern California with a certain rodent mascot. Specifically on a ride based off a popular film franchise by George Lucus that is not a space opera (in the interests of covering my ass, I'm avoiding naming anything specific).

So today, my Attraction broke down and I had to assist in removing the guests, a simple process of pulling them out of each car at a time and walking them back to the station. As someone who works there, I'm aware that on the sides of the ride path (specifically where the vehicles tires leave tracks) there is a layer of melted rubber and grease that has formed a very sticky residue (see where I'm going with this).

In walking a group of guests back, there is a point where our path must turn and cross over these tire tracks, often I stand directly in the middle and shine my flashlight over area to guide people over without them stepping in the residue, sometimes however, that doesn't always work out. I had found a young woman wearing what looked like toms or moccasins with jeans, who was preoccupied with her conversation with her friend, that stepped right on the tire tracks directly in front of me. Before I could say anything, she stepped forward and the sticky track held firm, causing her to stumble and her bare foot to come right out of her shoe. I almost instantly sprang into action and stepped into her path and threw my arms out to grab her. I managed to catch her but the angle she was at forced me to bend my legs and sit before leaning onto my back as she landed on her knees and then leaned over onto me.

So there I was on my back with a cute girl practically on top of me, who had just lost her shoe, definitely the highlightif my day. I asked her if she was okay and besides her and her friends being unable to stop laughing about the whole thing, she said she was okay. I even managed to observe our positions and joking introduced myself and asked for her name, sadly she didn't give it and just started to get back up, her friend had already pulled her shoe free from the sticky track and returned it to her. She hobbled on one foot, sing me for balanced as she put her shoe back on, all the time was apologizing about my uniform being dirty from her knocking onto my back, of course I told her there was no need since the company was going to wash it and not me.

I've seen people's shoes stick in the past, but never to this extreme or have something like this happen, I may find myself volunteering to help evacuate the ride more often. Wink
01-18-2014 11:52 Shrinkmaster22 is offline Send an Email to Shrinkmaster22 Search for Posts by Shrinkmaster22 Add Shrinkmaster22 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Real Life Experiences » At work today (shoe-loss)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH